Jul 15 2014
By: ShadowCrossXIV I Only Post Everything 1029 posts

What would make YOU consider Vita? (Console users too.)

[ Edited ]
36 replies 337 views Edited Jul 16, 2014

Speaking directly, what is it that you (as in everyone) would like to become interested in Vita? Specifically what Sony or any other developer could do to make you interested.

A couple things to make this productive:

1) Please be specific. Don't say something like 'AAA games', please try to talk about the genre and quality you want exactly. 'AAA' games is vague because that title doesn't have a nailed down measurable definition. Something better would be, "I would like games that are closer the the PS3 in quality similar to (insert name of game). Even better would be if you could explain why, but I know that's not possible.

2) This is hopefully meant for every user, the people who prefer consoles and the ones who prefer handhelds alike. So there will probably many responses. This thread is not intended for debate, but more to get a feel on how the community feels as a whole in one gathered place with detail. Sure, many things have been said already, but oftentime they are very vague and do not offer a clear representation of the PS fanbase as a whole.

3) Try to stay on topic, this is about what would make you as a person consider Vita, not it's problems. If that's why you don't consider the Vita, that's fine, but try not to complain too much about it in the process, this is meant for people to be able to speak their mind on their own feelings about what would make them consider (not necessarially buy, but consider) a Vita.

Additional question: Of all those who reply, do you also have a 3DS? If so, why do you like it/what sold you on it?

Thank you for reading, and I greatly look forward to the community's response.

Message 1 of 37 (337 Views)
Last Guardian
10005 posts

Re: What would make YOU consider Vita? (Console users too.)

Jul 15, 2014

Basically, AAA games. Smiley Tongue Not ports and not indies. 

An exclusive BioShock game on Vita would be a start (rather have them make a PS4 game though). 

Vita doesn't have enough good games and support to make me wanna purchase it.

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 2 of 37 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1474 posts

Jul 15, 2014
Had a Vita sold it. That said, I would get 'Vita' if it was offered as a mobile phone.

Take the Xperia and add Vita. Extra kudos for releasing a duel shock controller that splits down the middle (check YouTube for examples) that is made to expand to fit a Vita in the middle. It should work across the PlayStation family as well. This would allow it to make a suitable 2nd controller purchase for a PS4, PS3, or even as a PC controller with proper support.

Phones are easier to buy (carrier plans, discounts, etc.) and they release so often that they benefit from the latest tech. The Vita wasn't really portable and didn't offer as much as a mobile.

Another benefit is your selling 1 product to fit multiple purposes and across multiple consumer bases. That should lead to a reduction in costs. Maybe that would counter act some increases in costs from designing and implementing the device. There are a lot of benefits that I won't touch on as well.

TLDR: Vita+Phone

Message 3 of 37 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 15, 2014

I already have a vita and my suggestion would be to force all non vita owners to buy one at gunpoint. Ater they realize how great a system it is they will be allowed to leave the basement.

Message 4 of 37 (316 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 15, 2014

TheGreaWrathalos wrote:

I already have a vita and my suggestion would be to force all non vita owners to buy one at gunpoint. Ater they realize how great a system it is they will be allowed to leave the basement.

Have you considered a career in Marketing?  Because you have the type of proactive, results-based, customer-centric attitude that would make you a success!

Ahem.  Open up the library, I'd like to see every single game made for the PSP/PS1 on the Vita.  If a hacker can do it, you can do it.  Remote play with the PS3 was borderline false advertising.  Hackers seem to have made that work as well.  If they can do, you should do it. 

Next, show me why this device is so awesome.  I can't think of the last time I've seen an add about the Vita or the games that are there.  Show the **bleep** thing off a bit.  Evo just happened.  Were you guys there?  Vita has a ton of great fighters, so was that a missed opportunity?  Sure feels like it.

Finally, the proprietary memory situation is just plain absurd.  It's a horse that's been beaten to the afterlife and beyond, but that was a major goof with this device (you seem to have figured it out with the PSP, but then you got confused or something).  Here it is in a nutshell.  If I have more space, I'll buy more stuff.  That's it.  Get it?  Got it?  Good.

I love my Vita, and I use it daily.  But there's room for improvement.  Here's hoping it happens.

Please implement Remote Play in PS4 Xenoverse!
Message 5 of 37 (304 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jul 15, 2014

I bought both my Vita based on impulse.

1. Price (~300USD > 210USD). Brand new 3G Vita 1k was on sale to make way for Vita 2k. 

2. Game sales. US PSN sales helped me to build a game library so I bought another Vita. 1st one is for R3 Asian PSN.

3. Vita MMC 64GB entry. Price of MMC is awful. 64GB price per GB is lower than 32GB. Now my 32GB is used by PS TV.

Reduce prices for digital edition of games permanently if it is older than 2 years.
Message 6 of 37 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Jul 15, 2014

Better games.  Enough with the freaking Japanese Anime games and cartoonish/smart phone games.  Give me some quality titles in the action/adventure genre.  I'd even settle for some shooters if they were well done.

Message 7 of 37 (278 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3850 posts

Jul 15, 2014

I had a vita for awhile. Came to the realization that I simply do not enjoy handheld gaming in any way shape or form. Sold it. Smiley Sad With the upcoming PS TV I will play some more vita games on my tv though. Just couldn't dig the handheld gaming. Persona 4 is awesome though and I look forward to finishing it on my tv when the PSTV is released here in the states. The $100 price tag is nice too and I'm afraid that the release of it will inadvertantly hurt the vita sales over all. :/

Message 8 of 37 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

Jul 15, 2014

Mainly because of a few reasons I considered getting a PlayStation Vita late last year. I still have the Vita that I bought for at least one upcoming game (Tales of Hearts R). If there was a greater amount of games out there right now that I wanted to play or ones that were actually announced, this would make me happy. When Sony only speaks of three games on the E3 show floor and says there's a 100 secretive games coming down the line, just like at E3 2013 this leaves the Vita library a complete mystery.

After getting Tales of Hearts R later this year, I'm curious as to how long I'll even hold onto the Vita. You need to have games to keep in mind. Taking a chance on what isn't known won't string me along at all. I'm already aware of at least a few other games that are coming out, from Minecraft, Soul Saga: Episode I, to Freedom Wars and The Wolf Among Us. However, I will be buying most of the games I want to play on the PlayStation 4 rather than on the portable. If a game is multiplatform, I'd rather play it on a console. Especially when the Vita itself doesn't do a good job with touch controls. In comparison to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 editions, Sound Shapes on the Vita does not qualify as good a game in my book. The touch controls make many a game on the Vita hard to swallow. Tearaway is one of the only games I've been highly impressed with so far on the Vita. I'd like to see more quality games such as this on the Vita, and specifically for the Vita. Where are they? Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 37 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Jul 15, 2014

More Indie games and Call of Duty. Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 37 (246 Views)
0 Likes