Highlighted
Mar 12 2014
By: TOMBSTONE4U Ghost of Sparta 14193 posts

What would you call your "guilty pleasure" game?

[ Edited ]
22 replies 274 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

People are quick to offer up their favorite game but what would be that "guilty pleasure" game you really enjoyed maybe kind of to yourself? The game that you wouldn't brag to your friends that you owned and perhaps might even say "pfft I'm not sure why that game is on my shelf, I think my neice and nephew brought that over one day and left it here".

These aren't all Playstation examples but just so you know the kind of game I'm talking about maybe it was like a Pikman game, or Katamari Damacy, or like a Dr. Mario back in the NES days. Or maybe it wasn't so much a "kiddy" game that had you keeping it under cover but rather an "adult content" game you thought people might think you silly to play such as a Playboy: The Mansion or Leisure Suit Larry. Either way, I'm sure everyone who's been gaming a long while has at least one game they kind of only pull out to play when no one else is around.

For me I would list Katamari Damacy as one of them as well as Playboy:The mansion  (was kind of like playing The Sims with nudity lol.) I'd probably add SimAnt to that from the SuperNes days, not quite the game I'd pull out when my Mortal Kombat and Madden friends popped over for some gaming and having to explain why I thought living the life of an Ant was a fun gaming experience. I might add Harvest Moon to that list to which I spent an uncomfortable amout of time playing on the N64. To my credit  though it was far more fun and had more depth then the watered down Farmville crap that took the social media world by storm. (Apologies to any who would have chosen Farmville as their guilty pleasure game lol).

Edit: Updated label. For more information on labels, click here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 1 of 23 (274 Views)
Survivor
2785 posts

Re: What would you call your "guilty pleasure" game?

Mar 12, 2014

Some that come to mind are:

1. Karaoke and dancing games. I have way too many of these and can't sing or dance to save my life.

2. The sims series. I don't know why I find them so fun. Harvest moon was awesome too by the way.

3. I also like to play kiddy games. 

Feel free to add my newer account NatalieG_

Message 2 of 23 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Mar 12, 2014
Dead Space 2 multiplayer.

Arkham Origins Online.
Message 3 of 23 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Homefront was that game for a while, but eventually it got too laggy to play and I traded it towards something else. Maybe Medal of Honor 2010? It got decent reviews, but a lot of people did not like it. I loved the campaign in that game, and the multiplayer was pretty decent (but very barebones) too.

Message 4 of 23 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Feeling embarrassed about playing a video game isn't something that has ever occurred to me. I've never felt ashamed for playing certain games. After all, who cares if you've spent time ogling the goodies in Playboy: The Mansion or rolled around on a ball full of attachable stuff throughout the world of Katamari Damacy?

I've actually played both games. The only thing I regret is having spent money on titles such as Katamari, which turned out to be one of worst $20 investments I've made based on the strong recommendation of others. When it comes to video games though, the only time I'll really spend much time talking about them is either if the game is really, really good or if it's just the opposite. I can go on and on about how much I dislike the Call of Duty franchise, or about how much fun I've had playing through Tearaway. I've even openly suggested Tearaway to a friend, explaining about the creativity and end result where you're setting forth to reach the You in the Vita's camera: yourself.

Message 5 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I do not have a guilty pleasure game. Why feel guilty about something I like? Just because people may not like a game isn't a good reason not to enjoy it.

Message 6 of 23 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Mar 12, 2014

DDR and Pump it Up.

Back in college I used to do tournaments, but it seems like last gen had a severe lack of actual ddr entries and ended up with all those silly casual party ones.

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 7 of 23 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6102 posts

Mar 12, 2014
Call of duty. I hate the games for several reasons but when I got nothing better to do and a friend or 2 wants to play it, ill play it with them.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 8 of 23 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I'd have to say my only guilty pleasure is your mother. #Roasted

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 9 of 23 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2980 posts

Mar 12, 2014
You don't have to feel guilty about that, when two women truly love each other enough to announce it on forums, it's a thing of beauty.
Message 10 of 23 (187 Views)
0 Likes