-Simple audio recording (yes, the mic is crap quality, but it should be a standard feature, just as pictures and video)
-Folder options, and the ability to rename file names (PS3 style)
-Better customization for menus (hate the pink/purple menu for the music section)
I hope Sony realizes a lot of these things and implements them this year. I have a good feeling we'll see a lot of new/cool features in future updates. Then again, high hopes, which most Vita uses have too much of, especially with games (Skyrim on Vita? Seriously? I lol'd hard)
It would be nice if the cameras were a little sharper but that's a very minor issue. In terms of apps I don't really pay attention so that leaves more games which we know are on the way. I'd like to see a title come out that is a unit seller. Not sure what type of game, preferably something original.
Also I would like to see Sony be more aggressive in advertising the Vita.
- FM Radio app (it's a minor thing)
- Persona 5 (a dream)
- PSN game access (there are numerous PSN games that I'd love to see playable on the Vita like Rainbow Moon and MtG)
- Improved video support. (This is a major peeve of mine. Sony hinted years ago that the PSP would be able to play digital copies of movies, like come on Blu-Ray. I'd love to be able to put those digital movies onto my Vita.)
- HTML 5 support (not an issue for me, but it might stop those threads from popping up)
- Better marketing.
Beyond that I'd love some more RPGs to head our way Mostly just minor things in my opinion.
- A redesign PSN for vita as well( LOL)
- VIDEO OUT FREAKING PUT ( a must) tired of making crappy videos on youtube. even with an HD camera.
- THEMES ( or release the API to the public just like the PS3 one )
- more avatars, cover
- MORE BIG GAMES( GOW, GT, INFAMOUS, UNCHARTED SEQUEL, REAL CALL OF BOOTY, )
- LIFT THE LIMIT ON CHAT APP 4v4 is really crappy. vita is a big boy, it can handle more than 8 players. its little sister had a whooping 32 players online.
- MORE APPS ( pandora, crappy IOS and games you name it)