Gaming Beast
2144 posts

Re: Whats the deal with Tomb Raiders PS4

Dec 13, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Tea_l3aggins wrote:
WILL THERE BE real hair physics like in the PC version?

Thanks to AMD being part of the PS4, Tress FX will make the cut, check out the trailer Smiley Wink!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/07/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-set-for-release-january-28-according-...

hah awesome.. to bad the game is only worth 1 play through imo.. and i already played it and beat on pc.. but the hair graphics is what r going to get gamers excited about this.  its very straight forward.. but pretty fun non the less.

i just wish AC4 had the hair physics... i swear to **bleep** god if games that are be releasing without hair physics im going to be 1 **bleep** off gamer..

Message 31 of 36 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Dec 14, 2013

gamereck wrote:

I still think this will be a hard sell to anyone that beat the game on PS3 for 59.99 all over again for better graphics and multiplayer maps.

Mainly meant for those who have yet to try it and have gotten a PS4.  Too early for those that played it on PS3 to try it  PS4., but a few will still get it. Not like a game from PS2 that you haven't played in 5 years.

Message 32 of 36 (169 Views)
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Dec 14, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

They better have the multiplayer and campagn progress to be imported from the PS3 version. Some games already do that.

It won't so if you buy it you get to start all over again.

Message 33 of 36 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jan 4, 2014

So basically you all are fine paying $60 for this? It is a scam as gaikai will allow you to play this latter anyways. Would you pay $60 for FFX/X-2 HD remaster? Also, how long has this been in production? 1 year or less? It is not like they had to design a game from ground up. All they had to do was make a old game look new and play on more advanced,easier to program for hardware and software (PS3 to PS4 specific). Why not port games to fill the genre gap in the PS4 like Bloody Tekken Tag 2 since it take so little time. Sorry wrong publisher but you get the point. 

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 34 of 36 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4812 posts

Jan 4, 2014

Honestly I think I going to pass on this title. I don't think that it is worth it. The PS3 version was just fine the way it was. I think they should be utilizing this new tech for the sequel. At this point I think it is just a cash cow for them. Seeing also that they dropped the price of the original is proof that they are seeking only profits for the same game!

Thanks,
FreshRevenge

celebrity fashion gallery

photo 512d0aca-9476-4802-855d-3554158e2e5e_zps0b4ea223.jpg
Message 35 of 36 (138 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29423 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

balmungfury wrote:

So basically you all are fine paying $60 for this? It is a scam as gaikai will allow you to play this latter anyways. Would you pay $60 for FFX/X-2 HD remaster? Also, how long has this been in production? 1 year or less? It is not like they had to design a game from ground up. All they had to do was make a old game look new and play on more advanced,easier to program for hardware and software (PS3 to PS4 specific). Why not port games to fill the genre gap in the PS4 like Bloody Tekken Tag 2 since it take so little time. Sorry wrong publisher but you get the point. 

Not for nothing, but aren't people screaming about how The Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V should be "ported" (along with other games) to the PS4? So would consider that also top be "scams" since you're getting essentially the same game with slightly better graphics (there's no plans for The Last of Us or GTA V, but I'm trying to make a point)? Futhermore, Gaikai is still a ways off. You're not going to have every game out of the gate with it either.

It seems it's okay to ask for a game, but when they actually follow through and give it to you, then it's a "scam".

Edit: As this thread has been dead for some time, it shall now be locked. Feel free to start a new discussion on the topic.

- Hot-Shocolate

Message 36 of 36 (131 Views)
0 Likes