Dec 27 2013
By: Blazergamer007 Splicer 73 posts

When do you close apps on your PS4 ?

[ Edited ]
2 replies 3966 views Edited Dec 27, 2013
I was wondering when do you guys close your Apps on the PS4. I'm still getting used to the new system after one months and I often forget that a game is still running in the background. I'm not sure if I should close the App before putting the system on Standby and if a game running in the background could cause problems in the long run, if I forget it ?

I also think that the "Close App" and "Delete App" are way too close and a few weeks ago while talking on the phone I made the mistake of deleting NBA 2k14 and had to re-download all 40 Gigs of it !
Message 1 of 3 (3,966 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11301 posts

Re: When do you close apps on your PS4 ?

Dec 27, 2013

Mostly the only time I'll ever really close down an app is if I'm running Netflix whilst playing a game simultaneously in the background. When finished with Netflix I'll shut down the app and return to the game. Other times this could be if I'm jumping between two different games.

If you feel the need to close down what you're doing during standby then it's probably better you do if you feel like something's going to happen. No disruption of where I was in a game when entering standby mode has happened so far. But then again, I usually don't have the need to put the system into standby mode either.

Message 2 of 3 (3,933 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Re: When do you close apps on your PS4 ?

Dec 27, 2013

I was under the impression that when you place the console in standby, that it closes the apps.  At least, that is the way my PS4 works.

So, I never close apps, I usually keep Netflix open, and if I want to play a game, I short press the PS button, select the game, and play.  If i want to go back to Netflix, I short press again, and select Netflix.  You can go back and forth like that without ever losing your place in the game.

When I'm through with the console for the day, I place it in Standby Mode, and when I restart I always have to restart the apps.

Message 3 of 3 (3,912 Views)
0 Likes