Sackboy
554 posts

Re: When will MLB 14 The Show be available for download?

May 6, 2014

I thought the  new update allowed for preoder predownloads?

"I Am Your Fathers, Brother, Nephews, Cousin, former Roommate"."So what does that Make Us?"

PSN - Andykapped

Message 11 of 62 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

May 6, 2014

pacifistay wrote:

I am fine with waiting til the usual noon-5 pm digital release, my only urk is it said right when I looked at the preorder. DOWNLOAD @ 12:01 AM EST!! So I decided just to buy digital instead of going to Walmart. Oh well, live and learn I guess, last digital I do with Sony. Steam allows downloads before hand, which I find better than waiting up for something that was "suppose" to be there. 

PS4 will allow pre-downloads... just not with this game. 

Message 12 of 62 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

May 6, 2014

Hatfield23 wrote:

This was my 1st day 1 digital purchase with Sony and will also be my last.  If they state it would be available at 12:01 then I fully expect them to honor that commitment.  If I fail to meet a deadline at work, then I suffer the consequences.  **bleep** poor effort on Sony's behalf.  

Do you actually suspect more from Sony? lol 

Message 13 of 62 (497 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 6, 2014

No, I guess not.  Like I said, it was my 1st day 1 digital purchase and I expected it would be avaiable at the announced time.  I could have easily been back from Walmart by now and already started the install.  I despise Walmart with a passion, but would rather purchase from them before I buy from PSN again.

I get things happen, and a massive rollout of software of this size must be no easy task,  but they have had weeks, and months even to get this right.  My only intention tonight was to get the download started before going to sleep.  Doesn't look like that's going to happen now.

Oh well.  I guess when they get your money ahead of time, they couldn't care less about honoring their commitment. 

Message 14 of 62 (478 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6112 posts

May 6, 2014

Sony is off on some things. To me they seem to do updates at odd times. They usually update their PSN store or even do maintenance at peak times on the net. This is my first digital pre-order from Sony and I don't know what to expect. I just hope the game downloads on its own sometime overnight. I wouldn't start ranting yet about it not being available. They may be going by Pacific time. As for the pre-download stuff I'm not counting on Sony or MS to ever have every game do that. If they did that it would hurt retailers. I only see them doing it with exclusives (you would think it would have started with this game, but oh well).

Message 15 of 62 (472 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

May 6, 2014

yea, this **bleep** is pretty pathetic..

Message 16 of 62 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 6, 2014
I was under the impression this game was going to have a pre-download, which is why bought it a month ago when they put it up. Now, I can't even download the day it came out. It's now 10 AM on the East Coast. I don't understand how this is such a big deal for Sony to do. They should do all of their updates at 12:01 AM on Tuesday. I think what they need to do is give people who pre-ordered this game, a $10 credit on their account. As, I would've bought this game from Walmart and picked it up at midnight had I known I wasn't even going to be able to download it at 10 AM on the day it released.
Message 17 of 62 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
527 posts

May 6, 2014

awtacular wrote:

Sony is off on some things. To me they seem to do updates at odd times. They usually update their PSN store or even do maintenance at peak times on the net. This is my first digital pre-order from Sony and I don't know what to expect. I just hope the game downloads on its own sometime overnight. I wouldn't start ranting yet about it not being available. They may be going by Pacific time. As for the pre-download stuff I'm not counting on Sony or MS to ever have every game do that. If they did that it would hurt retailers. I only see them doing it with exclusives (you would think it would have started with this game, but oh well).

Like or Dislike ( Hate is a totally different meaning and you shouldn't "hate" the xbox but more of dislike) Xbox 360/Xbox one MS always update their stores at the same time which if i remember is either 3 or 4 AM EST

Message 18 of 62 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

May 6, 2014

you guys need to quit being so impatient, who cares if they said it will ready to be downloaded at a certain time you will be able to download it today sometime.what's the difference between 12 hours what maybe two games that you would be able to play big freakin deal. And the people that are saying this will be their last digital download you better get ready because everything is going to be digital one day.

Message 19 of 62 (141 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

May 6, 2014

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 wrote:

And the people that are saying this will be their last digital download you better get ready because everything is going to be digital one day.

not anytime soon chief.  Maybe in 10-20 years.

Message 20 of 62 (138 Views)
0 Likes