Monster Hunter
44 posts

Re: When will MLB 14 The Show be available for download?

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014
Quit being impatient? Seriously. I wasted all night waiting for the game to come out till 4 AM, got four hours sleep woke up and the game still wasn't there. It's now almost 12 hours later and the game still isnt out. I took off work today, a business that I own that I could've made thousands recording some bands today. Something I don't do very often, but I was excited for the game to come out. Then, I spent an hour and 10 minutes waiting in the chat queue in order to talk to somebody only to have my number come up and the chat app say that no agents are available and cancel out my chat request. Then, I spent another hour waiting for support on the phone, only to be told that the game will come out at 9 AM Pacific time tonight which is 12 AM EST. Exactly 24 hours after they said it was going to come out.

So, sorry for being a little bit perturbed that I could've just gone to Walmart last night and picked up at 12 AM and Not had to deal with Sony's runaround on a game that they said was going to be at 12:01 AM this morning. Something they won't even admit to being an issue. Even though they are in breach of contract to the people who pre-ordered the game, expecting it to be out at 12:01 as it stated on their website.

Totally ridiculous and a total waste of my time and money. I guess that teaches me for taking a vacation day to play a title I was excited for. Something I will never do again for any digital title. Again, thank you Sony.
Message 21 of 62 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 6, 2014

BadboyStudiosInc wrote:
Quit being impatient? Seriously. I wasted all night waiting for the game to come out till 4 AM, got four hours sleep woke up and the game still wasn't there. It's now almost 12 hours later and the game still isnt out. I took off work today, a business that I own that I could've made $2000 recording some bands today. Something I don't do very often, but I was excited for the game to come out. Then, I spent an hour and 10 minutes waiting in the chat queue in order to talk to somebody only to have my number come up and the chat app say that no agents are available and cancel out my chat request. Then, I spent another hour waiting for support on the phone, only to be told that the game will come out at 9 AM Pacific time tonight which is 12 AM EST. Exactly 24 hours after they said it was going to come out.

So, sorry for being a little bit perturbed that I could've just going to Walmart last night and pick it up at 12 AM and I had to deal with Sony's runaround on a game that they said was going to be at 12:01 AM this morning. Something they won't even admit to being an issue. Even though they are in breach of contract to the people who pre-ordered the game, expecting it to be out at 12:01 as it stated on their website.

Totally ridiculous and a total waste of my time and money. I guess that teaches me for taking a vacation day to play a title I was excited for. Something I will never do again for any digital title. Again, thank you Sony.

and you're blaming Sony for your lack of sleep so they messed up, you should have just went to sleep its called a mistake people have them people do them. So quit being impatient. why the heck would you take a vacation day for a game anyways. Its not like the game is going anywhere it will be here today, tomorrow, until you don't wanna play anymore. I love when people say it's a total waste of time and money, nobody twisted your arm and said stay up until midnight just so you can download and play a game. Besides the download will probably take an hour and a half to download and install anyways so what were you going to do stay up all night just 2 play a game come on dude . I preordered it also but I'm not **bleep** because I can't download it yet.

Message 22 of 62 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014
Of course it's Sonys fault for gods sake. What do you think, it's mine or somebody else who was waiting for the game to come out? They are the ones who stated it was coming out of 12:01 AM. This isn't the first time this is happened, they should've learned from the past mistakes... Instead, they make them over and over again. Look, if they hadn't put a timestamp on when it was coming out, then people like me wouldn't have stayed up late waiting for it. But the simple fact that they timestamped when the game was coming out, as they done in the past, puts all of the blame squarely on them.

I guess I wouldn't be so upset had I not taken a day off, losing a lot of money, specifically to play this game. But, to say Sony's not at fault and it's just a mistake, just shows how blatantly some people support them. Even if they are in the wrong. Again, wouldn't be an issue if this was the first time they did this, but it's one of many.

The simple fact that they will not refund money for the game, which has not been released yet and won't offer any compensation for people's troubles, goes to show just how anti-consumer they are.
Message 23 of 62 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 6, 2014

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 wrote:

And the people that are saying this will be their last digital download you better get ready because everything is going to be digital one day.

not anytime soon chief.  Maybe in 10-20 years.

10 to 20 years are you serious I bet you within 3 to 4 years everything is going to become digital. Discs are a thing of the past get used to it people. It's time to get with the time.

Message 24 of 62 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
135 posts

May 6, 2014

first off think about how stupid your choice was you said you took the day off and have lost $2000 that you could have made. So you decided that a $60 game was worth losing $2000 that was that awful choice you made and that you need to deal with.

Message 25 of 62 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

May 6, 2014

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 wrote:

ThrowupdaX88 wrote:

V8_R3L3NTL3SS_1 wrote:

And the people that are saying this will be their last digital download you better get ready because everything is going to be digital one day.

not anytime soon chief.  Maybe in 10-20 years.

10 to 20 years are you serious I bet you within 3 to 4 years everything is going to become digital. Discs are a thing of the past get used to it people. It's time to get with the time.

Absolutely ZERO CHANCE that all games are digital only in 3-4 years.  ZERO..NADA..ZIPPY.

Message 26 of 62 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

May 6, 2014
If you bought it retail you would already have it. Sony is not very good with the store updates . Seems there attitude towards it is when we get to it. Which is poor to say the least. There is no incentive to go digital. Cant resell it if you dont like it.you dont get it faster. And its no cheaper. Where is the upside of going digital?
Message 27 of 62 (169 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1461 posts

May 6, 2014

DirtyGuttz wrote:
If you bought it retail you would already have it. Sony is not very good with the store updates . Seems there attitude towards it is when we get to it. Which is poor to say the least. There is no incentive to go digital. Cant resell it if you dont like it.you dont get it faster. And its no cheaper. Where is the upside of going digital?

Only Pro really is that you don't have to pop in a disc  to play the game, but IMO the Cons far outweigh the Pros.

Message 28 of 62 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

May 6, 2014
Yeah digital needs to be instant, once it hits midnight it should be available, if they can't offer it when the game is supposed to be released do not offer digital day one orders. It is annoying that thy do not have this ready, it can't be that hard to make new release games available
Message 29 of 62 (118 Views)
First Son
13 posts

May 6, 2014

Did they really delete the 87 page **bleep** fest about this? Way to sensor your users Sony.. Jerks. 

Message 30 of 62 (103 Views)