Monster Hunter
44 posts

Re: When will MLB 14 The Show be available for download?

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014
Yeah, I guess if I hadn't closed shop today and lost so much money, I wouldn't be so upset. This is the first time I'm playing The Show and I wanted to enjoy it all day. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to download it all day and when they finally did put it online... I still can't download it. It's just very frustrating.
Message 51 of 62 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3729 posts

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2014

BadboyStudiosInc wrote:
Yeah, I guess if I hadn't closed shop today and lost so much money, I wouldn't be so upset. This is the first time I'm playing The Show and I wanted to enjoy it all day. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to download it all day and when they finally did put it online... I still can't download it. It's just very frustrating.

Lol, yea. It would have been a lot easier just running to the store and grabbing it instead of putting up with this **bleep**. First and last digtal download for me... I can't wait to play it as well. I haven't played a decent baseball game since MVP Baseball 2005 on the original Xbox.

I'm at 51% on the total download now and that's since about 3pm... At this rate it'll be midnight before I can even play the game. A day later...

Message 52 of 62 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 6, 2014
Feel free to add me to your friends list. It would be cool to play it with a like minded gamer.
Message 53 of 62 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 6, 2014
Does anybody know if the installation will continue if I close The Show and start another app (ie: MLBtv). I'm at 44% after 3 hours and wouldn't want to delay the installation progress further. And FYI, at around 36% it went into demo mode and I was able to play in game with the BoSox and Tigers. Played a few innings and was pretty impressed from what I played even though I sucked.
Message 54 of 62 (267 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

May 6, 2014
Nevermind. It's still installing. Albeit a little bit slower :smileysad:
Message 55 of 62 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3729 posts

May 7, 2014

MrKrinkle916 wrote:
Does anybody know if the installation will continue if I close The Show and start another app (ie: MLBtv). I'm at 44% after 3 hours and wouldn't want to delay the installation progress further. And FYI, at around 36% it went into demo mode and I was able to play in game with the BoSox and Tigers. Played a few innings and was pretty impressed from what I played even though I sucked.

Lol, I'm still only at 70%. This was the first I played MLB The Show series and had a 1 hitter my first game. Granted I had it on beginner. I just changed some settings and am gonna try another exhibition while I wait...

Message 56 of 62 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

May 7, 2014
Exactly 24 hours after we were supposed to be able to play the game, it finally downloaded and installed on my system. 12:01am on May 7th. So much for Day 1 Delivery.
Message 57 of 62 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2014

just downloaded mlb 14 and i still can t even play it? WTH...everything is locked in the game

Message 58 of 62 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 7, 2014

Not all digital games are like this, As a matter of fact this is the first one I had issues with. Most games download and you can still play it as it downloads.  This one was crazy, you couldn't play any games because it had no teams and no staduims.  Looking back they should had at least gave you two teams and a stadium so you could at least play the game as the rest downloaded and installed.

I think i started my downoad about 2pm and was able to play my first game at 5pm.  It didn't completely finish until about 9pm.

Message 59 of 62 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

May 7, 2014

ampah wrote:

just downloaded mlb 14 and i still can t even play it? WTH...everything is locked in the game

It only downloads a very small part of the game at first..  It then will take awhile for it to download all the teams and stadiums.  You should see a progess bar and the top left "install progress" and you will also see a progress bar on each team.

Message 60 of 62 (186 Views)
0 Likes