Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 14 2012
By: enersight69 Splicer 56 posts

When will Tekken 5 DR Online service will be shut down???

[ Edited ]
5 replies 662 views Edited Mar 14, 2014

I know this is an old game but I always liked Tekken 5 and Jinpachi. I was thinking of getting this game from PSN for a while now. In the past week or so, I noticed a few changes in PSN when I looked the game up. There were originally two choices - one that was offline which was bare bones and cost $19.99 and the other included online which also included Practice and Survival Modes that was $29.99. Well the $19.99 option disappeared. Not only that, in the description of the PSN game it mentions in short that Namco can stop the online service at anytime. That addition was recent and not in the description about a week to two weeks ago. It also mentions that we can look it up at the namco website. I couldn't find that information.

I collect fighting games and don't want to miss this one. I know Jinpachi is available on PS2 through a cheat device but I don't usually hook that system up as much as I used to. I also know that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will have Jinpachi but his movelist will be different that Tekken 5 or Tekken 5 DR.

I was just curious if anyone had an exact date. My guess is sometime after Tekken Tag Tournament 2 go online. Namco will then need to monitor both this game and Tekken 6 on their servers. Thanks in advance for any information that you can give me. :smileyhappy:

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 6 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5010 posts

Re: When will Tekken 5 DR Online service will be shut down???

Sep 7, 2012

well since i PAID extra for ONLINE mode... They better never shut it down as it cost me EXTRA to get ONLINE play to begin with...

Nuff Said!

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 2 of 6 (642 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Jinpachi is not available as an online character for dark resurrection
Message 3 of 6 (584 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 15, 2013
Andy you suck **bleep** #vwyob
Message 4 of 6 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Sure he is. Just beat Arcade Mode to unlock him.

"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 6 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 14, 2014

I recently deleted DRO by accident, went to the store to redownload it and it is saying that it is NOT available for purchase, which pisses me off because I'm pretty sure I paid to have the online component of this game. 

Message 6 of 6 (87 Views)
0 Likes