Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4543 posts

Re: PS3 sony wireless stereo headset 7,1 on PS4 - Update Sony January

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Prediction was just that - a Prediction. In actuality, if you've been keeping up with this thread below...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Pulse-Elite-vs-Sony-Gold-PS-newest-gaming...

...You would notice that the PlayStation Gold Headset has a Release date of February with a 1.6 Firmware needed to get them working out the Box wirelessly with Chat. So if anything the max Sony has is until the end of February but for everyone's sake I hope it's sooner. Don't worry, I'm on your side :smileywink:! I too hope it's sometime this week...

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 223 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13198 posts

Re: Where's the PS4 System Software Update, Sony?

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

VDubPDX82 wrote:
How do you figure PVR and iPod support are Microcrap exclusives. That makes no sense i laughed alittle lol. PVR suport would be nice but i personally dont need the iPod stuff as my computers, TV, Sound bar and headphones all have iPod support.

It is exclusive right now.

XBOX One does it. PS4 does not.

Yeah I know it's only exclusive to XBOX One because Sony choose to not do anything about the issues.

Ironic that Sony don't support DRM yet encrypting HDMI signals is a form of DRM. It's managing digital rights.

Sure. I get it. Netflix and stuff like that is the problem. But since iPod support isn't important apparently. Netflix works on a PC. Why not delete Netflix and products like that. They seem to be holding back the gamer anyway.

I'm not at all suggesting they should really delete Netflix, I know that is stupid. Just like removing iPod support was stupid. The features should grow, not decrease. But they should never grow at the expense of lessening the overall experience.

Due to Sony not knowing how to do something as simple as program specific protection we are left with less and less things we could do on previous generation consoles.

Don't ask me to list them, because I really could do it and that is the main thing that seriously erks me about this whole situation.

Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 223 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
429 posts

Re: PS3 sony wireless stereo headset 7,1 on PS4 - Update Sony January

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

I'm sarting to be impatient!

Why this is so long?

Probably because they want to put/repair 50 differents things in the same update.

They could release an update to support the headsets/blutooth only, then they could work on their mega update!

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 223 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
429 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

VDubPDX82 wrote:
How do you figure PVR and iPod support are Microcrap exclusives. That makes no sense i laughed alittle lol. PVR suport would be nice but i personally dont need the iPod stuff as my computers, TV, Sound bar and headphones all have iPod support.

Yeah I know it's only exclusive to XBOX One because Sony choose to not do anything about the issues.

Ironic that Sony don't support DRM yet encrypting HDMI signals is a form of DRM. It's managing digital rights.

Sure. I get it. Netflix and stuff like that is the problem. But since iPod support isn't important apparently. Netflix works on a PC. Why not delete Netflix and products like that. They seem to be holding back the gamer anyway.

I'm not at all suggesting they should really delete Netflix, I know that is stupid. Just like removing iPod support was stupid. The features should grow, not decrease. But they should never grow at the expense of lessening the overall experience.

Due to Sony not knowing how to do something as simple as program specific protection we are left with less and less things we could do on previous generation consoles.

Don't ask me to list them, because I really could do it and that is the main thing that seriously erks me about this whole situation.

They can't even support blutooth and their own headsets, 2 month and a half after the release date.:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 223 (282 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Yes, just update to use ps3 headset on ps4 Please sony h...

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Yes, just update to use ps3 headset on ps4 

Tomorrow Sony Tomorrow please

Please sony hehehe

Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 223 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
429 posts

Re: Yes, just update to use ps3 headset on ps4 Please sony h...

Jan 27, 2014

thumbs up

Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 223 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13198 posts

Jan 27, 2014

hydroshubong wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

VDubPDX82 wrote:

They can't even support blutooth and their own headsets, 2 month and a half after the release date.:smileyfrustrated:

The Sony console seems like it was thrown out the door way before it was ready.

Even though I guess if I'm being fair. It's not like the XBOX One was perfect either. It seemed nearer to completion but it has issues and also was released too early.

Both these current new consoles could have honestly done with late 2014 releases.

Nintendo with their Wii U had one issue. Updates were bricking consoles. apart from that as far as what they wished to put out into the consumers hands it was everything they wanted to do.

It was ready for launch so they launched it but the whole Sony and Microsoft thing seems like they set a date before finishing the console and then rushed and messed things up.

Personally. I would prefer my product to be the finished product when I buy it. It's not like I buy a car and Ford say "Hey, we'll give you the gearbox later".

As far as the console comparison if they were cars, Sony would be missing a Gearbox, a Steering Column and 4 wheels.

Microsoft would have the parts but it would constantly be a mess with things underperforming.

The choice your left with is something that can be fixed in time, or something that looks like it may never get fixed.

I can't see how Microsoft will get 1080P and 60FPS when even last gen games are struggling.

I know Sony will eventually get there but.. They are way too slow for my liking. Especially when I expect my product to be the finished article when I buy it. As I said, no other device do you buy it and get it fixed later.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 223 (456 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jan 28, 2014
You keep saying you want a finished product before buying. You know adobe and java are still patching/updating 20 years after launch? Would you prefer to still be waiting for Photoshop to be released? How about the Netflix app? Prefer to still be waiting for a perfect release and just make do with the PC version?
I don't know but I love the fact that I bought the ps4 as a work-in-progress, and I get to experience the evolution of the software. For free. I think a lot of people forget/neglect the fact that these updates are free. It's would be entirely different if they charged you for every update/patch. That would be outrageous.
Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 223 (390 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Lets take it a step further.

The PS3 is still getting updates.

The computer you are using right now gets updates.

As for the XB1 nearer to completion, REALLY?

They are still trying to free up something, anything to get more POWER.

But they are so hypocrytical regarding this. It's not important but they are compromising the Kinnect in the process.

For all the XBOTS out there that say 1080 and FPS don't matter I say BS.

You and the rest of the world knows that if roles were reversed Sony would being receiving the same.

The XB1 is no where close to being future "ready" as the PS4 is.

MS really dropped the ball. Being a software company they should have known DDR3 memory is already old.

The Kinnect once again is a GIMMICK. Just like the 1 that sits on my top closet shelf, REALLY.

Be honest with yourself. You are comparing the XB1 to the PS4?

You do realize the XB1 has the same resolution as and your 360, right?

When the name for the new XB console was a guessing game it was always thought to be called the XBox 720.

Well ironically that's what it is.

The final thought I want to leave you with..........

If MS is already trying to squeeze every bit of juice out of the XB1 so early, the future really looks bad.

This is coming from a XBOT. Well a while ago anyway but I have been reformed.

Stop eating MS's brownies.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 223 (370 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13198 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

Lets take it a step further.

The PS3 is still getting updates.

The computer you are using right now gets updates.

As for the XB1 nearer to completion, REALLY?

They are still trying to free up something, anything to get more POWER.

But they are so hypocrytical regarding this. It's not important but they are compromising the Kinnect in the process.

For all the XBOTS out there that say 1080 and FPS don't matter I say BS.

You and the rest of the world knows that if roles were reversed Sony would being receiving the same.

The XB1 is no where close to being future "ready" as the PS4 is.

MS really dropped the ball. Being a software company they should have known DDR3 memory is already old.

The Kinnect once again is a GIMMICK. Just like the 1 that sits on my top closet shelf, REALLY.

Be honest with yourself. You are comparing the XB1 to the PS4?

You do realize the XB1 has the same resolution as and your 360, right?

When the name for the new XB console was a guessing game it was always thought to be called the XBox 720.

Well ironically that's what it is.

The final thought I want to leave you with..........

If MS is already trying to squeeze every bit of juice out of the XB1 so early, the future really looks bad.

This is coming from a XBOT. Well a while ago anyway but I have been reformed.

Stop eating MS's brownies.

I did somewhat agree.

When I said the PS4 can be fixed up into expectations while the XBOX One is struggling right now.

I would prefer 60FPS I don't call on it as the main thing I care about. Honestly I could do without it. It's the lack of 1080P in some games that would worry me more than anything there.

I mean how do they fix that without compromising game quality?

As of right now though. The things the XBOX One does is much more of what we expect from a console than the PS4 is. Minus the 60FPS and 1080P thing. The lack of 1080P makes the XBOX One an option but only if you already own a PS4.

All the things people complain about though myself included actually work on the XBOX One. So while it is still the more complete product no matter which way you want to look at it, it's still missing vital features that people want, some which seem like they may not be able to recover from.

I believe thats why Sony are taking this so slowly... They know, deep down that they have this in the bag because they got two vitals right that Microsoft didn't get right. While Microsoft have a few more vitals they did get right that Sony didn't, Sony can patch these things in without compromising the system, Microsoft couldn't do that as things stand and if things are standing that way now, especially with last gen games then the possibility in the future is looking pretty bad.

The bad news for Sony is there are people like myself who can live without 60FPS and 1080P. I'd be really angry over the 1080P thing though. So that Microsoft console isn't really a bad option for people like me who honestly can't tell the difference with FPS. There are a lot of us who can't tell between 30 and 60. Maybe my eyes don't work properly. I just don't see it. Preferring it doesn't really mean I can see what it does or it's effects. It's just nice to know if the FPS drops a little I wont notice, I do certainly notice if I get drops from 30FPS, especially during Resident Evil 5.. I remember that....

The question is are Sony happy with just being ahead by default or do they actually want to hit the home run and blitz away from Microsoft? It seems they are quite content with default.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 223 (295 Views)
0 Likes