Splicer
60 posts

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

RISE_UP44 wrote:

But they did put out a statment saying that they put what was important into the PS4 so it would be ready to launch when they needed it to and that the additional features outside the most important ones would be added in the near future.  The PS4 has only been out not even two months so please I know everyone wants more features myself included bu they are not going to add features just because people are yelling at them they will add the features when they are ready so that everything will run smooth. 

Headset support and mic output volume control is not a feture that should be added in the future it should have been day 1 anything else like 3d blura support is not needed right away for gaming but headset support is. They added party chat befor fully working headset and mic volume control very strange.

Message 11 of 223 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Pointless post, nothing is stopping them from at least confirming DLNA, mp3 is at  least confirmed and being worked on. because it has not been, no one is asking for an exactl date or for it to be rushed, learn to read. Sony needs to communciate better, they stay quiet for too long.

Message 12 of 223 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Jan 9, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Pointless post, nothing is stopping them from at least confirming DLNA, mp3 is at  least confirmed and being worked on. because it has not been, no one is asking for an exactl date or for it to be rushed, learn to read. Sony needs to communciate better, they stay quiet for too long.

yea they could let us know what they are working on and what stage they are at on the stuff we requested and keep the rest secret untill release. Right now i dont know if headset support is coming this month, in 2 months or even next year.

Message 13 of 223 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14886 posts

Jan 9, 2014

EMKO333 wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

yea they could let us know what they are working on and what stage they are at on the stuff we requested and keep the rest secret untill release. Right now i dont know if headset support is coming this month, in 2 months or even next year.

Strange, I seem to remember people misinterpreting what Sony did say as them releasing an update on the first week of January.

He heard a voice from God and it said, “George, separate the peanut into its elements; you will find cures and delicious snacks."

Fabulous!
Message 14 of 223 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Due to public outcry that the PS4 is a gaming machine first and nothing else second we have the following to report:

-PS4 update 1.4 will come on Jan 14, 2014 and will include 14 features.

Most importantly of the 14 will be the removal of all things not considered "required to use the basic minimum functionality of a game."

We have heard your crys and are working overtime to remove Netflix, the Web browser, voice and text chat functionality, music/video unlimited, the PSN video store, back ground downloads, in game xmb, etc.

For a full list of the feature update please see the negative comments from all the posters on this forum stating they bought their PS4 to play games only and do not want any further functionality in a gaming system.

Thank you for your money.

Yours truely,

Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 15 of 223 (646 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Jan 9, 2014

We don't get "updated" info for some very simple reasons.

• When people get confirmation that something is officially in the pipeline, they lose even more patience and start with the "why not today" posts.

• When people get confirmation that something is officially in the pipeline, they make a bunch of assumptions that what is not mentioned will never happen and lose even more patience and start the "I can't believe Item X" is not on that list posts.

• When people get confirmation that something is officially in the pipeline early then Sony has to announce delays, people go nut-bar and the "Sony lied to us" posts start up.

Those reasons alone are good enough to keep info tight and release it when it is ultra-firm and dates are established.

I know that is not what people want to hear but it does make perfect sense from a PR standpoint.

Folks getting mad about what they don't know at all is really on them.

I know folks like to get a uppity when told they simply need to be patient but it is true and it is not said to get you upset, it is designed to get you off the edge of your chair, to get you to stop chewing off your fingernails and kicking your dog over something you literally have zero control over.

Patience, It is in your best interest.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 16 of 223 (632 Views)
Splicer
79 posts

Jan 9, 2014

We just wanna know if its coming out in Jan SONY?

Message 17 of 223 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Jan 9, 2014

AdmiralDiehl wrote:

We just wanna know if its coming out in Jan SONY?

It already did and she wasnt happy, off to the clinic for her.

Oh you said "coming" sorry.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 18 of 223 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

I can assure you of two things... 

1) They are definitely going to support mp3 and DLNA. Whether they are prioritizing it right now is anyone's guess, but there is no question it will eventually come.

2) If they did announce they were working on it, there would be just as many people as complainers now that would hold them to a specific date or release and flip out when any release came along (or didn't come at all) that didn't contain the now "promised" updates.

I agree that everything you guys want would be nice to have. I really want strong bluetooth support for headsets like yesterday. But you are basically in a beta period right now, just like most consoles the past 3 or so generations. I would be completely on the side of all of you if you could just keep from using the stupid line that "My PS4 should do everything my PS3 does!". It's a nice thought, but history has shown us that we will just be disappointed if that's our expectation. 

But hey, when PS5 comes out and doesn't have DVD support for the first 2 months, all the dudes in their late teens / early 20s will line up and say "My PS5 should do everything the PS4 does, PS4 did everything the PS3 did!".

Message 19 of 223 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13780 posts

Jan 9, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

AdmiralDiehl wrote:

System Software Update News sony?

Hey guys, 

No news to share here, but watch this space for when we'll announce any details about incoming system updates. You can also follow @PlayStation on Twitter or PS Blog, but in general, we don't discuss any details about incoming updates until they are ready to release. 

Millions of youtubers are awaiting PVR support.

Just so you know.

Message 20 of 223 (633 Views)
0 Likes