Reply
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

tekkn1kal wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Pointless post, nothing is stopping them from at least confirming DLNA, mp3 is at  least confirmed and being worked on. because it has not been, no one is asking for an exactl date or for it to be rushed, learn to read. Sony needs to communciate better, they stay quiet for too long.


I can assure you of two things... 

 

1) They are definitely going to support mp3 and DLNA. Whether they are prioritizing it right now is anyone's guess, but there is no question it will eventually come.

 

2) If they did announce they were working on it, there would be just as many people as complainers now that would hold them to a specific date or release and flip out when any release came along (or didn't come at all) that didn't contain the now "promised" updates.

 

I agree that everything you guys want would be nice to have. I really want strong bluetooth support for headsets like yesterday. But you are basically in a beta period right now, just like most consoles the past 3 or so generations. I would be completely on the side of all of you if you could just keep from using the stupid line that "My PS4 should do everything my PS3 does!". It's a nice thought, but history has shown us that we will just be disappointed if that's our expectation. 

 

 

But hey, when PS5 comes out and doesn't have DVD support for the first 2 months, all the dudes in their late teens / early 20s will line up and say "My PS5 should do everything the PS4 does, PS4 did everything the PS3 did!".


 

Was there another statement made?  I know they said they didnt think about it, and also this:

 

Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration.

 

 

And an interview where he said something about something, but do you have a link to the official statement proving your statement #1?

 

Some people are saying it was promised the first week of JAn this year but I can find nothing to that effect.

Anyone got a link to something official?

 

 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 21 of 223 (486 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/03/2010
Offline
60 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

tekkn1kal wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Pointless post, nothing is stopping them from at least confirming DLNA, mp3 is at  least confirmed and being worked on. because it has not been, no one is asking for an exactl date or for it to be rushed, learn to read. Sony needs to communciate better, they stay quiet for too long.


I can assure you of two things... 

 

1) They are definitely going to support mp3 and DLNA. Whether they are prioritizing it right now is anyone's guess, but there is no question it will eventually come.

 

2) If they did announce they were working on it, there would be just as many people as complainers now that would hold them to a specific date or release and flip out when any release came along (or didn't come at all) that didn't contain the now "promised" updates.

 

I agree that everything you guys want would be nice to have. I really want strong bluetooth support for headsets like yesterday. But you are basically in a beta period right now, just like most consoles the past 3 or so generations. I would be completely on the side of all of you if you could just keep from using the stupid line that "My PS4 should do everything my PS3 does!". It's a nice thought, but history has shown us that we will just be disappointed if that's our expectation. 

 

 

But hey, when PS5 comes out and doesn't have DVD support for the first 2 months, all the dudes in their late teens / early 20s will line up and say "My PS5 should do everything the PS4 does, PS4 did everything the PS3 did!".


 

Was there another statement made?  I know they said they didnt think about it, and also this:

 

Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration.

 

 

And an interview where he said something about something, but do you have a link to the official statement proving your statement #1?

 

Some people are saying it was promised the first week of JAn this year but I can find nothing to that effect.

Anyone got a link to something official?

 

 

http://www.livestream.com/onplaystation/video?clipId=pla_af400f4a-7984-4559-9fbe-3a3ed873ef8b
at 17:30 is he just making it up?
Message 22 of 223 (481 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/31/2013
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!

Message 23 of 223 (480 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


I'm sorry but the PS4 is for gaming.

 

if you want to chat you must buy a telephone.

 

 

 

Thank you for your money.

 

Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 24 of 223 (476 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/31/2013
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


I'm sorry but the PS4 is for gaming.

 

if you want to chat you must buy a telephone.

 

 

 

Thank you for your money.

 

Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.


That's one of the stupidest answer that i ever heard!

You need to set up strategies with your teammates when you are playing games like BF4, NBA2k, Cod, Madden...

I can't ask everybody's phone number before every game I start, then do a conference call...

Message 25 of 223 (465 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

hydroshubong wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


I'm sorry but the PS4 is for gaming.

 

if you want to chat you must buy a telephone.

 

 

 

Thank you for your money.

 

Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.


That's one of the stupidest answer that i ever heard!

You need to set up strategies with your teammates when you are playing games like BF4, NBA2k, Cod, Madden...


I'm just messing with you man sorry.  I do not speak on behalf of Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.

 

Its just a response to the several people in this forum who hate on others who just want to listen to music while gaming.

 

Hopefully by these obviously (tryin to be anyway) sarcastic responses people will see how foolish it is to not want a console to do more then strictly play games.

 

We all want a full featured device and I hope you get your mic issue resolved as well.  I wont be buying a PS4 until it has some of these features, its just not ready as of today.

 

cheers.

 

 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 26 of 223 (463 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/31/2013
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


I'm sorry but the PS4 is for gaming.

 

if you want to chat you must buy a telephone.

 

 

 

Thank you for your money.

 

Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.


That's one of the stupidest answer that i ever heard!

You need to set up strategies with your teammates when you are playing games like BF4, NBA2k, Cod, Madden...


I'm just messing with you man sorry.  I do not speak on behalf of Sony and Cher Entertainment Company.

 

Its just a response to the several people in this forum who hate on others who just want to listen to music while gaming.

 

Hopefully by these obviously (tryin to be anyway) sarcastic responses people will see how foolish it is to not want a console to do more then strictly play games.

 

We all want a full featured device and I hope you get your mic issue resolved as well.  I wont be buying a PS4 until it has some of these features, its just not ready as of today.

 

cheers.

 

 


Thx God! Smiley Tongue

I understood the sarcastic side too late!

English is my 2nd language, sry!

Message 27 of 223 (457 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

EMKO333 wrote:

Phillyblunz wrote:

tekkn1kal wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Pointless post, nothing is stopping them from at least confirming DLNA, mp3 is at  least confirmed and being worked on. because it has not been, no one is asking for an exactl date or for it to be rushed, learn to read. Sony needs to communciate better, they stay quiet for too long.


I can assure you of two things... 

 

1) They are definitely going to support mp3 and DLNA. Whether they are prioritizing it right now is anyone's guess, but there is no question it will eventually come.

 

2) If they did announce they were working on it, there would be just as many people as complainers now that would hold them to a specific date or release and flip out when any release came along (or didn't come at all) that didn't contain the now "promised" updates.

 

I agree that everything you guys want would be nice to have. I really want strong bluetooth support for headsets like yesterday. But you are basically in a beta period right now, just like most consoles the past 3 or so generations. I would be completely on the side of all of you if you could just keep from using the stupid line that "My PS4 should do everything my PS3 does!". It's a nice thought, but history has shown us that we will just be disappointed if that's our expectation. 

 

 

But hey, when PS5 comes out and doesn't have DVD support for the first 2 months, all the dudes in their late teens / early 20s will line up and say "My PS5 should do everything the PS4 does, PS4 did everything the PS3 did!".


 

Was there another statement made?  I know they said they didnt think about it, and also this:

 

Thanks for the feedback to the lack of MP3 and DLNA support at the launch of PS4. I'll share with the PS4 Dev team for future consideration.

 

 

And an interview where he said something about something, but do you have a link to the official statement proving your statement #1?

 

Some people are saying it was promised the first week of JAn this year but I can find nothing to that effect.

Anyone got a link to something official?

 

 

http://www.livestream.com/onplaystation/video?clipId=pla_af400f4a-7984-4559-9fbe-3a3ed873ef8b
at 17:30 is he just making it up?

Maybe?  How would I know he is talking about headsets not DLNA or MP3, which I was talking about.

 

But that video is pretty old and actually solves most peoples issues for the headsets, just use a wired one for now, any 3.5mm jack headphone set will work.

 

i havent seen it so thanks for the link.

 

 

So for the other fellow I was having some fun with you can use chat if you own a wired headset, maybe came with your phone or something?

 

good luck.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 28 of 223 (431 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12347 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 9, 2014

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


http://www.livestream.com/onplaystation/video?clipId=pla_af400f4a-7984-4559-9fbe-3a3ed873ef8b

 

 

This video says you can use any wired headset until they fix the wireless issue.

 

Hope that helps.

 

cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 29 of 223 (429 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/31/2013
Offline
448 posts
 

Re: System Software Update Sony???

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

hydroshubong wrote:

You said that you are focusing on gaming first, but I need my headset to play at night and be able to talk while i'm playing!


http://www.livestream.com/onplaystation/video?clipId=pla_af400f4a-7984-4559-9fbe-3a3ed873ef8b

 

 

This video says you can use any wired headset until they fix the wireless issue.

 

Hope that helps.

 

cheers.


Thx for your help Smiley Wink, but I already know that.

That's exactly what i'm doing with my Iphone earbuds , but I hate wearing earbuds and I need a mic to make some strategies with my teammates!

I want to use my Playstation wireless headset , I think that I waited enough already, a month and a half is enough to support at least their own headsets!

Message 30 of 223 (402 Views)
Reply
0 Likes