Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: I can has Pulse Elite update now?

Jan 14, 2014

OrdealByFire wrote:

...Seriously. Just wondering why I bought it at this point. Sony needs to not make empty promises.

"Early January" my **bleep**. If you didn't know when (or even IF) there'd be a patch, then don't make a faux release date.

its kinda laughable at this point.early janurary has come and gone and no update.

Message 51 of 223 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Re: System Software Update Sony???

Jan 15, 2014

They never promised it would be out in early January they said it will be out in January nothing more specific than that. It is only January 14th they still have 17 days before they have broken a promise. Chill out bro its coming it is probably bundled into an update with other features or improvements that are taking a bit more time to do just relax bro.

Message 52 of 223 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: I can has Pulse Elite update now?

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014

OrdealByFire wrote:

...Seriously. Just wondering why I bought it at this point. Sony needs to not make empty promises.

"Early January" my **bleep**. If you didn't know when (or even IF) there'd be a patch, then don't make a faux release date.

You read the article wrong.

Sony was never quoted as saying "early this month"..... the author of the article said that, and based that out of thin air.

Pay more attention to the Sony execs who are making the statements, and not the authors of articles who misinform and misconstrue information.

Sony has said time and again they never give a specific timeline/date of when customers should expect things when they dont even know themselves. The January figure is a generalization of their own timeline which they hope to hit.

But taking the example from PS3's updates.... we'll be seeing firmware updates once every quarter-year.

Monthly/weekly updates are just unrealistic.

We were lucky to get 2 firmware updates in the span of 2 weeks in November, and then a 3rd update in December. But those were "emegency" fixes for system stability, especially for people who had bricked PS4's.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 53 of 223 (412 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Next PS4 update..

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

I don't mean to be another annoying poster, whining about how Sony "promised" this and that, because I know they didn't. I am simply wondering if anyone has heard anything about the next update.

I got some Pulse Elites for Christmas and would like to be able to use them to their full capabilities is all.

The only thing I know Sony said was. "Expect the headset patch to come very soon after the first of the year, it is almost ready"

Has anyone heard anything? Thanks guys..

Message 54 of 223 (376 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Re: Next PS4 update..

Jan 17, 2014

motokid837

I haven't heard anything,but i know you can use your Pulise Elites at full capabilites.

The only thing you can not use at this point is the wireless option. You are able to use the mic as well as hear everything through the headsets. All you need to do is press the ps button and  on the screen it will say adjust devices, you click on that. Then with the supplied wire plug it in to your head sets and the plug that other end into your controler, once you have done that make sure you set up for mic and audio through headsets. I cannot remember what the screen says but you will see what i'm talking about when you click on adjsut devices.  The pulse Elites are really nice, I got a real good deal on them but unforunitly I had to return them Smiley Sad

Message 55 of 223 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Jan 17, 2014

halextripleplay wrote:

motokid837

I haven't heard anything,but i know you can use your Pulise Elites at full capabilites.

The only thing you can not use at this point is the wireless option. You are able to use the mic as well as hear everything through the headsets. All you need to do is press the ps button and  on the screen it will say adjust devices, you click on that. Then with the supplied wire plug it in to your head sets and the plug that other end into your controler, once you have done that make sure you set up for mic and audio through headsets. I cannot remember what the screen says but you will see what i'm talking about when you click on adjsut devices.  The pulse Elites are really nice, I got a real good deal on them but unforunitly I had to return them Smiley Sad

Yeah but thats NATIVE support. its fake support, its no different than $10 headphones.

with pulse support, the equilizer settings is tweaked and such.

Its like having true 1080p on a ps4 and upscaled (fake) 1080p on Xbone

Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 56 of 223 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Thanks for the reply, but there are a few more things on the headset that will not work unless you are using it with the wireless USB dongle. For example I cannot use the adjustement slider to increase chat volume over game volume and vice versa. I hope this update comes soon!

Message 57 of 223 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3898 posts

Re: Where's the PS4 System Software Update, Sony?

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

They way this is going with gamers these days, Sony will have to put out firmware updates every 2-3 months to keep people happy. And even then they will say "Sony is putting out too many updates in a short time" [like for PS3] making them reduce the amount of updates published; which gamers complain about now.

Message 58 of 223 (288 Views)
Splicer
79 posts

Still no word on update!pitiful !!

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

Just tell us something **bleep**!R ya busy wiping  your a@@ SONY?

--

meowstro edit: Merged into existing thread.

Message 59 of 223 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6016 posts

Re: Still no word on update!pitiful !!

Jan 21, 2014
I STILL CANT PLAY MY XBOX GAME ON MY PS4!!! WASTE OF OVER 400 DOLLARS!!!!!
Message 60 of 223 (366 Views)