Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Re: Where's the PS4 System Software Update, Sony?

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

renatabls wrote:
We need a PS3 update to fix the **bleep** friends list, if you have over 100 friends it gets buggy.

The priority should be people who are ONLINE. Not some random crap, i see people online on my Vita but on PS3 they're not online nor offline, they're just not there.

Make it so offline people vanish, not online people. In MP games i can't even invite a friend since they don't show up anywhere.

Hopefully Sony will do something about that, it's very annoying.

Hmm..

I'd have to conceed on that one. Not that I've noticed it but that seems like a pretty major issue.

So,,, I guess now I have very slow working and do not test patches to add to the list of what I don't like about Sony.

Message 71 of 223 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 21, 2014

As much as I want all the enhancemens listed in the this (and other) threads...it would be great if they could at least fix EXISTING FUNCTIONALITY. 

- Party system - errors joining parties (not due to NAT), not able to invite friends to games via party

- Echo during chat using default headset

-Overall PSN stability (I can't even play Coop Resogun without getting lag / errors (again not due to NAT or upload speeds - both parties with open NAT and 5+Mbps UP)

-web browser is garbage

I gotta believe at least 1M of the people who boughts PS4's also paid for PS+... so what's that around $50M revenue? They have the resources...

Message 72 of 223 (405 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

PS4 Update for PS Headsets soon?

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2014

I was just wandering if anyone had any idea when there might be an update for the PS4 to allow players to use their PS Headsets? Its been nearly 3 months now and im getting sick of using the ear piece. It'd be nice to get an update please! Thanks.

--

meowstro edit: Merged into existing thread.

Message 73 of 223 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PS4 Update for PS Headsets soon?

Jan 21, 2014
Was supposed to be in January, but as you can see Sony has all of us in the **bleep**. Waiting until we sell our wireless headphones, and have a new model designed for the PS4 to make even more money.
Message 74 of 223 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
653 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Both new consoles have barely been out for 2 months, and neither has released a major update. Relax people, chances are it won't be that much longer.

Message 75 of 223 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Jan 21, 2014

SG1-ZIELU wrote:
Was supposed to be in January, but as you can see Sony has all of us in the **bleep**. Waiting until we sell our wireless headphones, and have a new model designed for the PS4 to make even more money.

Source?

Seriously, I'm getting impatient for the next system update, too, but there's been no guarantee what will be in the next one.  If you sell off a headset because you're waiting on a system update, that's on you.  No one will have forced you to do that.  

i want the update as much as the next guy, if not more.  Still, I have a difficult time siding with anyone who is borderline flipping out over dates of the update or features of said update that have never been officially confirmed.  There's a ton of educated speculation on this subject, but, that's all it it is without confirmation.

So, ultimately, my impatience, along with many others' anger, is directed at speculation.  That's just not a good idea. Smiley Happy

Grindhead_Jim

Message 76 of 223 (362 Views)
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Jan 21, 2014

We are basically participating in an Open Beta for the new OS. Their focus right now is probably to fix the currupt game file issue than Legacy Support, but perhaps they have enough people to do both. You've made it this far without the update, you can hold on a little longer.

Message 77 of 223 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7331 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

SG1-ZIELU wrote:

Source?

Seriously, I'm getting impatient for the next system update, too, but there's been no guarantee what will be in the next one.  If you sell off a headset because you're waiting on a system update, that's on you.  No one will have forced you to do that.  

i want the update as much as the next guy, if not more.  Still, I have a difficult time siding with anyone who is borderline flipping out over dates of the update or features of said update that have never been officially confirmed.  There's a ton of educated speculation on this subject, but, that's all it it is without confirmation.

So, ultimately, my impatience, along with many others' anger, is directed at speculation.  That's just not a good idea. Smiley Happy

Didn't Yoshida tweet that the update would be early Jan and contain the Elite headset update? I am not 100% sure about that.

If so, I am not trying to be over critical or an arse but we are close to late Jan and no news. I understand delays and that is fine but at least a little blurb would settle a lot of nerves.

PSXBGamer- wrote:
"2000-2016 still in the year 2000 i didnt know we was in the year 3000"

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Does-it-bother-you-that-Sony-brags-about-how-well-they-re-doing/td-p/45935146/page/12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRTN97XEASQ
Message 78 of 223 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Jan 21, 2014

He tweeted they were looking into it, no word since, not impressed by the lack ofcommunication from sony, its ridiculous at this point.

Message 79 of 223 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
38 posts

Whose still waiting around for the next PS4 update?

Jan 25, 2014

THE PROBLEM:

Sony needs to be more transparent and more frequent about it's updates. I am watching http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/index.htm daily to see when Sony issues the next update. Until then, I feel I have a sad excuse for an NextGen system powered down and collecting dust behind my TV.

The longer Sony takes to roll out the update, the more disappointed people will be who've been watching and participating in the "PS4 Update Wishlist" thread. We would celebrate more (small) updates more often, rather than a massive update that missed all of the features we care about (which will inevitably be the effect, the longer they take to turn out an update).

In my opinion, I really think they need to patch back in all of the missing features from the PS3 first, and then start to add new stuff, but that is just my opinion. If the PS3 beats it in any way, people will continue to harp on that until it really feels "NextGen" (ie. focusing on Facebook rather than a YouTube app or 3D movie playback.)

HERE IS THE PLAN:

Let's post here, in this thread, daily as we watch for any updates. This is not an idea thread. This is a "We are still waiting. We still love you Sony. Come on Sony! Post that update!!" thread with high visibility.

DON'T FLAME:

Don't flame each other or Sony. We love Sony and we love gaming together. This is a grassroots attempt to raise only the visibility of the fact that we are, so far, disaapointed in the featureset of the PS4 as a "NextGen" device for two reasons (NextGen should do what the last gen did, but only better and not leave out important stuff, ... and ... NextGen should adapt to the tools the community is in fact using, like Google+ or posting to YouTube.)

If you do not want to be a part of this, please do not flame the people that do. We all love Sony and telling people with high standards to lower them and simply post PS4 fanboy notes is not what this is about either. We love you folks too. Feel free to go start a "I love you Sony. You are working hard and do everything perfect" thread. In fact, we might even join you on that thread. Please, just don't hi-jack this thread.

THIS IS NOT AN IDEAS THREAD:

Again, go post any ideas for updates on the ever-popular "PS4 Update Wishlist" thread. This thread is for adding your voice to the "When are we going to get that update, Sony?" movement.

WHO IS WITH ME:

Add a note below! And Keep it simple, "I'm in!! Come on Sony!" At the least, it feels therapeutic. At best, maybe someone at Sony will change their operation a bit and adopt "Agile Development" methods where smaller self-managed teams will push out more patches, more often, with greater levels of transparency.

We love your Sony! We want the PS4 to be great. It isn't there yet! Come on! Get us those updates!!

Message 80 of 223 (219 Views)
0 Likes