Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 12 2013
By: lufia22 First Son 7 posts

Where to get a good extended battery?

3 replies 115 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

I've checked the Best Buy and GameStop near me. Neither of them carry any PSP merchandise anymore. I've checked online and all I see are sketchy third party batteries.

Does anyone know where I can purchase an extended battery, preferably Sony brand, for a reasonable price? If not, does anyone have any experience with a third party brand? 

Please do NOT link me batteries you have not used that are not made by Sony. I know there are a ton out there and none of the ones I have seen have good reviews.

Message 1 of 4 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17373 posts

Re: Where to get a good extended battery?

Feb 13, 2013
Message 2 of 4 (111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 24, 2013

Amazon maybe? I would only buy from a store on there if it was fulfilled and shipped by Amazon.  I have had great luck with real HG-duo (HX-32GB) memory cards that were not counterfeit. Yeah you could do Ebay as well, but don't buy from Hong Kong try to stick to the States (I mean only if you live in the states), and make sure its a real photo not a stock one.  Oh, and ask the seller if the item pictured is what you will be getting if you win the auction.

Message 3 of 4 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

If you have a Slim, you could buy a battery for a Fat and have longer life - that's what I'm doing.

I have experience with ones through Ebay, both of them made in China (Hong Kong)...

First one lasted 50 hours, then stopped charging (died).

Second one is what I am on now, a PSP Fat battery for my Slim. Longer life because it's made for the FAT PSP, and it's been running good so far (at 24 hours).

Bottom line is that the Chinese ones don't last as long as the official Sony ones, but the Chinese ones are CHEAP AS HELL and puts the official Sony prices to shame - a 'reasonable price' for a Sony-branded battery doesn't exist. You'll just have to prepare to replace the Chinese ones more often, but for the price I say it's worth it.

Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)
0 Likes