Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Apr 08 2013
By: GrayGargoyle PlayStation MVP 10988 posts
Online

Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

26 replies 329 views Edited Apr 8, 2013

For more than six years now the PlayStation Network has been delivering downloadable goodies across the board, whether you've gotten them through your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita. We've embraced a lot here. Everything from taking our steps across the vastness of Journey's flowing deserts to slipping on a mask and dealing damage to special forces who want to stop your thieving in PayDay: The Heist.

 

From puzzlers, platformers, first-person shooters, to pinball and even racing games, there's been a lot to offer across the PlayStation Network's collection of games. Amongst them though, after all this time, which ones would you say have the greatest amount of longevity? Which ones are the most irresistible, those that you can't break away from, that you keep coming back to playing and playing again?

 

Whether the reason be that the game has unbeatable multiplayer bouts or that it's such an incredible game that you can't help but keep returning to get yourself another appetizing slice... which PlayStation Network games out there would you say are most like this? What are your most-played PSN titles?


Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 27 (329 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/15/2009
Online
3334 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 27 (328 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/20/2008
Online
11045 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:



Sweet baby Jesus. When I saw the thread title, I instantly thought "Pixeljunk Monsters for sure", then I come here and...you've beaten me to it. Which is incredible because I NEVER see anyone bring this game up.

 

TL;DR, You're my favorite forumer ever now.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 27 (324 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/26/2007
Online
10988 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

johngie wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:



Sweet baby Jesus. When I saw the thread title, I instantly thought "Pixeljunk Monsters for sure", then I come here and...you've beaten me to it. Which is incredible because I NEVER see anyone bring this game up.

 

TL;DR, You're my favorite forumer ever now.


I too would actually bring up PixelJunk Monsters. It's one of the few PlayStation Network releases I can say that I've played through more than once. In fact, I've been thinking of returning to get another go through the game as of late. Once you get into the game though it's hard to stop.

 

On the subject of strategy games, Plants vs. Zombies is another PSN title that I've not been able to escape from. I probably should stop playing it, considering that it's worn out its welcome and does feel repetitive at times. I just keep playing the puzzle mode though, which also manages to refresh itself with seemingly new stages every once in awhile. That's what keeps me coming back; it's been fun seeing how many stages I can survive for. So far I've made it through 26 phases. I can't imagine how people on the leaderboards have survived into the hundreds.


Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 27 (315 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
562 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013
Kinda not a surprise to see Pixel Junk in here, everyone play it, and love it to hell, me included, but for now, I found myself playing Pico Knight, a Japanese game on my JP Account and also PHANTASY FREEAKING STAR ONLINE 2 :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 27 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 11/20/2008
Online
11045 posts
 

I don't play Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

johngie wrote:

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:



Sweet baby Jesus. When I saw the thread title, I instantly thought "Pixeljunk Monsters for sure", then I come here and...you've beaten me to it. Which is incredible because I NEVER see anyone bring this game up.

 

TL;DR, You're my favorite forumer ever now.


I too would actually bring up PixelJunk Monsters. It's one of the few PlayStation Network releases I can say that I've played through more than once. In fact, I've been thinking of returning to get another go through the game as of late. Once you get into the game though it's hard to stop.

 

On the subject of strategy games, Plants vs. Zombies is another PSN title that I've not been able to escape from. I probably should stop playing it, considering that it's worn out its welcome and does feel repetitive at times. I just keep playing the puzzle mode though, which also manages to refresh itself with seemingly new stages every once in awhile. That's what keeps me coming back; it's been fun seeing how many stages I can survive for. So far I've made it through 26 phases. I can't imagine how people on the leaderboards have survived into the hundreds.


I don't play it very often anymore, as I've already completed sooo much of it, but when I do start it up, I usually can't put it down for weeks at a time. It's easily the most "constant" game I have.

Beyond that, I would say Super Stardust HD is my runner up. I never play PSN games anymore, for no particular reason, but if I did, it would be this classic.

R.I.P. Off-Topic
04/09/2014 - Never Forget
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 27 (306 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/17/2008
Offline
4292 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

For me it's none. I really don't buy a lot of downloadable games and the ones I do, I tend to finish once and forget about them. Though I'm sure I'll re-play Journey and Trine again sometime in the future. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this thread to see what might be great games.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 27 (303 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11069 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013
Uncharted games. ø_ø
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 27 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 12/21/2007
Offline
47908 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:


I STILL Play this years later, heck look at my trophies.

 

A few of my buddies and I will sit down, have a few beers, and punch funny words into the random map generator that pops up once you beat both islands :smileytongue:

 

Another one I still play all the time, with friends, RISK factions.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 27 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
8168 posts
 

Re: Which PlayStation Network games can't you stay away from?

Apr 8, 2013

Crazy-Maisy wrote:

My one and only absolute love -- Pixel Junk Monsters. I'll never let it go. :heart:


No fair I was gonna say Pixel junk Monsters!!

 

That game is really great, even the PSP version is great, maybe even better then the PS3 version?

 

Love it!

 

From Dust is really cool to if you have a god complex.

 

 

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.


dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 27 (276 Views)