Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 05 2013
By: MW3dzONe34 Monster Hunter 40 posts

Which of the Playstation 3 games should I purchase?

7 replies 191 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

A). Sleeping Dogs

B). Borderlands and Borderlands 2

C). MLB 13: The Show

D). Assassins Creed 3

E). Far Cry 3

F). NBA 2K13

G). Saints Row: The Third

H). Battlefield 3

Which game would you reccomend for me? I have $87 and I'm eager to purchase any of these games.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Which of the Playstation 3 games should I purchase?

Mar 5, 2013

B for sure borderlands is really fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I've played "Sleeping Dogs" at my friends and I love it but make sure to check out videos of these games to see what you think. :] 

-------------------------------------------------------
A proud Playstation owner since Dec 08!
Facebook - ChihuahuaPS3
Twitter - @ChihuahuaPS3
Youtube - ChihuahuaPS3
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I really am unsure on what to trust. On other boards, they say Assassins Creed 3 and Far Cry 3, but I'm getting told that Sleeping Dogs is worth it? Explain your thoughts on this please?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 7, 2013

This is kinda stupid but I myself don't own SleepingDogs  I've played it at my friends and I like it because of the free roam is fun. Sorry I wasn't much help.

-------------------------------------------------------
A proud Playstation owner since Dec 08!
Facebook - ChihuahuaPS3
Twitter - @ChihuahuaPS3
Youtube - ChihuahuaPS3
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8694 posts

Mar 7, 2013
do you want open world?
-get far cry, saints row, sleeping dogs, or borderlands, asscreed

do you want sports?
-get mlb, or nba

do you want shooter?
-get battlefield

saints row should be dirt cheap now, same with battlefield & borderlands. have you played any other assassin creed games? did you like them?

no one here can make your choice for you, you listed games that are very different from each other. try some demos or watch some videos to see what you would like to have.

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 7, 2013

I like borderlands and Borderlands 2 due to the open world and and the large variety of guns and enemies you have to fight. There are plenty of optional missions so you'll never run out of things to do just like AC3. Battlefield 3 is my opinion one of the most realistic shooters (maybe even game) you'll ever play on a PS3, fighing is intense and you can easily get sucked into the action. Sleeping Dogs I played a couple weeks back it reminds me alittle of Mafia 2 and L.A Noire having a baby lol :smileyvery-happy: I personally love Sleeping Dogs the story is great and it's different with all the combos of hand to hand fighting and being able to drive in the open world of Hong Kong and plus being a undercover cop in one of Hong Kongs infamous gangs. Lots of Fun. The rest of the games I havent played but the first one I might start on is Battlefied 3 then borderlands afterwards :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1468 posts

Mar 8, 2013
Hard...hard to recommend a game to someone who doesnt even tell you what they like in video games to start off with. Your gonna get a bunch of different opinions, you should of let us known what your into.

But anyway, I own both Sleeping dogs and Far Cry 3, ive beaten both Borderlands 1 and 2, and ive beaten Saints row the third, but havent had the chance to play any of the others you listed(sorry).

But, its real simple. If you enjoyed, I mean really enjoyed games like Saints row or GTA, choose Sleeping dogs over Saints Row the third, Saints row is a fun game, but that fun is all over once you beat the game, even the DLC didnt have me coming back for more, but sleeping dogs was a very good lengthy open world game, and its trippy playing in a virtual hong kong, especially when its presented very nicely. Then it comes down to the FPS's, Borderlands AND Borderlands 2 is a great deal, Far Cry 3 is an AMAZING epic open world FPS, and battlefield is a very linear FPS compared to the others you listed.

Lets take BF3 out of the equation(if you want a game that will last you a long time)Now you look at Far Cry 3 and Borderlands, both open world games, though FC3 seemed more open than Borderlands, but Borderlands is just too fun to ignore, this is kind of a hard one since I love both of these series to death, I think it really comes down to this: look up videos of both, they are both action packed open world FPS's with rpg elements and good stories(though FC3's was more appealing to me), and then see which one you think you would enjoy more, they are both very lengthy games, so you dont have to worry about that. Also, Borderlands has drop in drop out multiplayer, while FC3 has a more traditional FPS multiplayer(team deathmatch, loadouts, etc..but very fun)Also, if you like creating stuff, FC3 has a map editor which allows you to make your own little maps, its pretty detailed, you should check that out on youtube aswell.

BUT, I would have to pick FC3, but thats just me(honestly its a tie, but if I have to pick one, it would be FC3 since I still own it and I sold Borderlands 2 a long time ago).

Then it comes down to FC3 or Sleeping dogs. theres really only one question now, FPS killer on a drug infested island, or third person martial arts undercover cop in a drug infested hong kong? Up to you.

Hope I could have helped in anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes