Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 04 2013
By: gingercoco First Son 14 posts

White Ps Vita?

17 replies 892 views Edited Jan 4, 2013

Cant decide what Ps Vita Bundle to get, either the COD or The White AC one. I really like the WhiteVita but Im worried that after awhile its going to get dirty. Whats your thoughts, also The bad reviews for COD are leaning me to the AC one, Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 18 (892 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: White Ps Vita?

Jan 4, 2013
i guess its gonna get dirty the outer part is crystal so no worries i guess, but both games i do not really play that game but i guess COD are more likely unit 13?
Message 2 of 18 (889 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3987 posts

Jan 4, 2013

gingercoco wrote:

Cant decide what Ps Vita Bundle to get, either the COD or The White AC one. I really like the WhiteVita but Im worried that after awhile its going to get dirty. Whats your thoughts, also The bad reviews for COD are leaning me to the AC one, Thanks for the help.

There's one with Playstation Plus for one year & 3G that you can get

http://webassetsd.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/ps3-psplus-system-large.png

photo 220dee8b-5bcd-4c72-9468-b21cfc72f31f_zpsfd870647.jpg
Message 3 of 18 (874 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2013
IMO the white Vita is better than the black once, because the white color makes the fingerprints you put on the Vita less visible. The Vita has a clear finish on it, making it difficult to get dirty...
Message 4 of 18 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
IMO the white Vita is better than the black once, because the white color makes the fingerprints you put on the Vita less visible. The Vita has a clear finish on it, making it difficult to get dirty...

QFT.

I've owned the White one for about six weeks or so. I do not have any screen protector and the only fingerprints you can notice are on the screen itself. As LD stated, there's a "clear coat" on top of the white, so it doesn't actually get discolored as a normal white product would. I think the white is **bleep** sexy.

PS. Also, AC3L > Blops. The Vita version of Blops is supposedly attrocious.

Message 5 of 18 (853 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Clear coat or not the oils from your hands will always get something dirty over time. I always stick with black because of this, my moms white GS3 looks awful for having it for almost a year and a half now. I think it has a clear coat also just like the Vita, I clean it for her when I can but like I said the oils from your hands just about will stain anything over a period of time if used enough.

Either way white or black you are going to be cleaning your Vita, so that doesn't really matter to me much whether or not smudges or fingerprints are visible. I always clean mine after every use anyway. Plus for me the only time I care about visiable prints or smudges that much is when it's on the screen.

It's not like I am viewing the sides of my vita all day, yes I clean the entire thing but you get the point. It's up to you, from my own personal experience I stay away from white even if it has a clear coat but maybe if you clean it enough you can avoid that.

I only see my mom every now and then and I know she isn't too keen on taking care of her electronics anyway, so maybe thats the problem but I know oils produced from your skin are no joke, seeing as how you might play the Vita for hours at a time and your hands will sweat on it seems like it's unavoidable for it not to eventually start showing stains from that.

Guess you will find out on your own over time if you get a white one. I can only compare it to the white GS3, I never owned or have seen a white Vita that has been used over a year or two, so I can't speak specifically for the white Vita only something that has a very similar coating to it the GS3.

Vita really hasn't been out that long to begin with.

Message 6 of 18 (847 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2013
The back of the VIta has more seams in it than the front, so it is more likely that dirt and grime might collect there over time. If the Vita didn't have a clear coat on it, I probably wouldn't recommend it because uncoated white plastic over time an yellow when it reacts with the air...
Message 7 of 18 (841 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 4, 2013

this! I like glossy black, but its nice not to have a fingerprint magnet

Message 8 of 18 (838 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
896 posts

Jan 4, 2013

I got the White AC bundle on Black Friday. I take it to work and everything and it doesn't really get noricably dirty. The finger oil effect over a screen is going to be an issue regardless. Get whichever you think looks better.

But my #1 piece of advice for any and every Vita owner, is to buy the Vita NERF Armor. It looks good, not gaudy like NERF cases for other devices. It's a fantastic armor for the back and sides, you don't have to worry about putting it down anywhere, it's NERF so it's grippy, so it won't slide around on an unstable surface. It's not big or bulky but it adds just the perfect amound of bulk to the unit so it's now perfectly comfortable to hold, so it's basically the best and best looking "grip" for Vita. It's breathable so hand sweat doesn't build up, and it also protects all the seams of the unit from "hand funk" build up.

It doesn't protect the face though, I suggest HORI screen protectors for the front, they cover more of the face than the Sony ones which just cover the screen itself, not around the buttons and sticks like the HORI. I would suggest not even using the back plate cover of the NERF armor, it's too hard to take off.....unless you do what I did, and modify the back plate to make it a belt clip NERF armor lol. That made it worth being so hard to take off.

When I get some money I'm going to waste some on one of the silicon Vita skins and try and modify it with a razor blade so it will work with the NERF armor on as well to also protect the front from any scratches or dings. If it works, I'll be very happy with full protection and still look good instead of some big bulky case..

PSN ID: Darth-Krayt

Eye of Judgment, Monster Hunter, Killzone 2, Sared 2 Fallen Angel, WipOut HD Fury, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Super Street Fighter 4, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Unreal Tounament 3, MGS4, Oblivion, Ghostbusters, Dragon Age Origins, MAG, Heavy Rain, GoW3, Dragon Age 2, Rage, Skyrim, DOOM3:BFG, Gran Turismo 5
Message 9 of 18 (805 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I prefer the PDP Crystal Case (http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Custom-Crystal-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B006X0KBY6), as it provides all-around protection during travel and can carry game cards (8) and memory cards (2).

Message 10 of 18 (793 Views)
0 Likes