Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 16 2013
By: LazyShady PlayStation MVP 1005 posts

Who else thinks they won't get the PlayStation MVP?

81 replies 1624 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

Well, accoriding to IGN. ( http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/sony-reaching-out-to-top-1-for-playstation-mvps-program )

they will be sent through email. Knowing how long my messages go to the wrong effin email from the community forums, I'll probably not get a invite. I've submitted the issue and even called them about it. Oh wells, hopefully they check my Psn email instead of this one.

I'm really liking the new website layout

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 1 of 82 (1,624 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18753 posts

Re: Who else thinks they won't get the PlayStation MVP?

Mar 16, 2013
I recently checked my e-mails and so far, I have not gotten an e-mail about it.

Saddens me too, knowing that I didn't get a chance to even apply. :smileysad:
Message 2 of 82 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6058 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

All the people that were insulted for not getting the $10 dollar voucher for being "Loyal", are getting another slap in the face, by being told that they are not in the top 1% of  Playstation users. They are in the lower 99% of Playstation users. It seems like Mitt Romney's campaign manager got a public relations job at Sony. :smileyfrustrated:

12-610x455.jpg

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 82 (1,007 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15650 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

I would be insulted if I got the chance to apply.... I've gotten 24 hour "slap on the wrist" bans for telling it like it is to some arrogant people... I don't like representing someone, to being an MVP is not for me

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 4 of 82 (992 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Mar 16, 2013

The MVP's are like outlaw biker gangs. 1%ers. They ride across the forum on Harleys.....er yeah I just wanted to make the 1% reference. lol :smileytongue:

There must be a lot of inactive MVP's if Sony if recruiting more of them.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 5 of 82 (954 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
4703 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Anyone can apply. The email went out to a small group of people who were opted-in to receive corporate email from us.

Here is the link to apply: http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 6 of 82 (948 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11166 posts

Mar 16, 2013

I've read through the posts so far, so please allow me to touch on a few things that I've noticed mentioned here. Bear in mind I'm a Playstation MVP, have been for about 4 years, seen many changes, but I am not a Sony employee like the moderation team.

1. "I'll probably not get a invite - LazyShady" - Anyone can apply. Use this link MVP Application to do so.
  2. "Just so we understand how these people work - someone just deleted a thread that didn't say exactly what one or more MVP wished it would have. So instead of handling the problem, they cut you off and tell you to get lost. - fleinn -" Actually we don't work that way. Playstation MVPs can not delete threads, lock threads, ban people or anything of the sort. We are forum posters like everyone else. If you feel that an MVP has been rude to you, you are free to use the Report Inappropriate Content link that is attached to every post. We are human too. At least I think most of us are. Even we can lose our tempers. But we are also held to a higher posting standard. We can get warnings, get banned and lose the rank. This is not something I like to admit, but I once received a warning for something I posted in response to someone else. The average poster would not have received a warning for it as it wasn't vulgar, but it did push the boundary on what's acceptable. An MVP is not a part of the Moderation Team nor the Digital Platforms Team.
  3. "There must be a lot of inactive MVP's if Sony if recruiting more of them. - W1Z4DRY" - There are a few inactive MVP members who have had their ranks revoked. But Sony is also looking to rebuild this community. With the upcoming PS 4 later this year they're hoping to grow this community.

There have been a few changes in the works for a while now. There is a lot I can't say. Either because we have not been told or because we've been asked not to talk about. Prior to the merger of the former PSMVPs and the HCV programs, we had not had any new Playstation MVPs for close to 2 years, if not a tad longer. I think the last batch was brought in before the shift from Lithium to Jive.

The program is changing and Sony is hoping to build the community back up. They are looking for gamers of all types and experiences. You don't need to be in the top 1% of anything to apply. But bear in mind if you are someone who is consistantly rude, vulgar, abusive and so forth, you won't be accepted. But that can be changed.

When I first joined these forums 6 years ago, I was actually a bit of a snot myself. I used to get into heated debates about Final Fantasy VII. But after a bit, I changed my tune because I did not want to be that type of poster. I wanted to help make a difference. I also figured out that if I wanted good conversation, I needed to step up my game and not just say "You're an idiot."

Sorry for going a bit off Topic here, but don't look at this as a negative experience. Don't feel like you can't become a part of this team. I hope to see some of you guys soon. And even if you don't become a part of the MVP team, we still need active and helpful members. I plan to pick up Defiance next month and I want to be able to run a few events in the game. I'll definitely need some help from people :smileyhappy:

I'll keep an eye on this thread myself and try to help y'all where I can.

Message 7 of 82 (936 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

I have been wanting to know; what's "PlayStation MVP"?

Message 8 of 82 (541 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30314 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I have been wanting to know; what's "PlayStation MVP"?

Here you go Icestar:

https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs/td-p...

BRIT-KO

Message 9 of 82 (523 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Mar 17, 2013

The forum rules are posted. Follow them and there's no bans. 

As for MVPs having more influence on Mods... I know that I personally do not and rarely interact with the Mod Team. 

Again, PW addressed your concerns. But you're not interested in anything he posted by the sounds of it. So I won't bother regurtitating that information for you to ignore again. 

Message 10 of 82 (516 Views)