PlayStation MVP
30016 posts

Re: Who else thinks they won't get the PlayStation MVP?

Mar 17, 2013
I doubt I could be a MVP. My posts aren't up to those standards Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 82 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9150 posts

Mar 17, 2013

im not gonna lie, many years ago i had wanted to be an MVP.  Now, eh.....   i dont spend enough time on these boards anymore to really be of any help.  Back in the day it was different.  Back then (2002) the forums were the place to be.  I would spend a lot of time on here cuz the community back then was shall we say: "off the hook".  Now, eh... lol.

Anyway good luck to those of you who apply to become one.  Maybe one day these forums will be what they used to be.  A fun, helpful, interactive, packed all day and night long, place to be.

Message 12 of 82 (258 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
2943 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I typed out and filled out everything in the Application, however it won't let me hit the "submit" button. When I click it nothing happens. Is it sending in or are MVP apps not being accepted at this time? I tried doing it on 2 different browsers to no avail. 

Message 13 of 82 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19292 posts

Mar 17, 2013

scarecrowman175 wrote:

I typed out and filled out everything in the Application, however it won't let me hit the "submit" button. When I click it nothing happens. Is it sending in or are MVP apps not being accepted at this time? I tried doing it on 2 different browsers to no avail. 

On the Application page, does it say you are signed into PSN? I filled out the app about 4 times until I tried it while not signed in and it worked then.

If anything, try signing out of PSN on that page and then filing out the App and submitting.

Message 14 of 82 (236 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9150 posts

Mar 17, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

im not gonna lie, many years ago i had wanted to be an MVP.  Now, eh.....   i dont spend enough time on these boards anymore to really be of any help.  Back in the day it was different.  Back then (2002) the forums were the place to be.  I would spend a lot of time on here cuz the community back then was shall we say: "off the hook".  Now, eh... lol.

Anyway good luck to those of you who apply to become one.  Maybe one day these forums will be what they used to be.  A fun, helpful, interactive, packed all day and night long, place to be.

guess i'll start an aguremnet with myself.  See mixed i believe your wrong.  I believe that the MVP can be helpful even tho the community as it stands is in dire need of life.  I believe there are ppl out there willing to take the steps necessary to become fine leaders in the program to help shape the future of these forums.

Yes you may have felt in the past you wanted to be one because you spent a lot of time on the forums back then, yet was never invited to be a part of the MVP program for whatever reason.  Yes you did partake in countless beta's to help make games better for everyone else.  Yes you did participate in the GAP program, the Rewards Program, and so on and was a memeber of those communities.

Maybe one day you will get to spend more time on these forums helping ppl like you did in the past and maybe then at some point a ray of PS MVP goodness with shine down on you and welcome you into their loving arms. Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 82 (217 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11259 posts

Mar 17, 2013

fleinn wrote:

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

I know you're not one to let something like facts get in the way of your posts. But there you have it. 

Do you deny that mvps have more input on who get tagged for bans than other posters? Or that Plymco, or his MVP-wife, or what in the world is going on there, just had a mod "clean" a thread they didn't like the look of? Twice? Does that also represent the "higher posting standard" involved for MVPs?

Or are those not facts, because the threads were disappeared?

When I singled out the Killzone 2 forums and the MAG forums, I said that knowing what the community teams overseeing those actually did, and how many posters quit after being bullied off the boards. Or goaded into bans by MVPs and beta-testers, who can't be reasoned with and who have decided what sort of views they will pick up as "mainstream" on beforehand. We even got it from the devs later - "we did what you guys wanted! Why are you so mad! We changed the designs completely for you guys!". Are you telling me that his opinion here wasn't shaped by input from the community team?

Besides that - you're recruiting in secret, the criteria or tasks an mvp has are secret, and you've all been separately told why this is an unbelievably bad idea many times, by many posters. We also don't know what the purpose of the program is, we have no idea specifically what the intention was with it in the first place. And therefore we can be certain that the MVP program isn't designed to represent the community.

Make the process more open, and you can avoid that. Obviously. And you know that. But you still don't do it.

As a group MVPs do not have any input on who gets banned or why they get banned. We can not say "Ban this poster". At least not from my experience. If an MVP has managed to do this, this is the first I've ever heard about it.  Usually when posters manage to get themselves banned, it had nothing to do with an MVP and everything to do with that poster's violation of forum rules.

I have personally had my own posts deleted or edited by a mod because of comments that were considered Off Topic. I have seen other threads that have been locked, deleted, moved or cleaned up by the Moderation Team with no input from me, and as far as I know, no other MVPs were involved either.  I have seen an MVP stripped of status for being abrasive and rude. I've even reported a fellow MVP for being rude and beligerent.

I can't comment on that because I know nothing about those forums. I don't play very many shooters and so I don't visit those forums.

I've never had anyone PM me about the MVP program, telling me that it's a bad idea. Prior to this very open application process, in which anyone can apply, with or without a formal invite, the recruitment process was based off of nominations by the community at large. When I first joined in 2007, this forum was run by Lithium, not Sony. Anyone in the community was allowed to nominate individuals they felt were helpful. There was no real purpose back then to the MVPs. It was just a way to "honor" those members who had been extremely helpful to others. Members who enjoyed giving tips to others, posted information threads designed to help others such as tips on combat in Warhawk, trophies in a game, and so forth.

The purpose to the program is shifting and we have not been told exactly what all those changes are going to be. Right now our main purpose is simply to be guides in the community. Help out new comers with games or hardware support. We also are able to run mini community events like signature contests or game events like Master GT runs in Gran Turismo.

Yes, there were many invites sent out this time, but just because you didn't get an invite doesn't mean you can't apply. In the past yes MVPs had a little bit of say in someone getting invited into the program, but that was usually just us nominating someone we'd seen that we felt would be a great fit into the program. So far we haven't been asked for our input into anyone's application.

Message 16 of 82 (212 Views)
Gaming Beast
2199 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Im already a most valueable player myself.  Id help anyone that helps me on games, it just dont happen most times.  Someone helped me on GTA4 a few times though on trophys.

Im sorry for everything i have ever done here, please forgive me.
Message 17 of 82 (208 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11259 posts

Mar 17, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

The forum community has changed quite a bit over the years, and sadly not always for the better. But stick around and try to help make this place what it was before. I'm trying to.

Message 18 of 82 (203 Views)
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

scarecrowman175 wrote:

On the Application page, does it say you are signed into PSN? I filled out the app about 4 times until I tried it while not signed in and it worked then.

If anything, try signing out of PSN on that page and then filing out the App and submitting.

There was also a Javascript (0) error that meant the submit button didn't function, try Internet Explorer if possible, & yes make sure you're signed in to PSN!

BRIT-KO

Message 19 of 82 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 17, 2013

mixedkidbx wrote:

mixedkidbx wrote:

guess i'll start an aguremnet with myself.  See mixed i believe your wrong.  I believe that the MVP can be helpful even tho the community as it stands is in dire need of life.  I believe there are ppl out there willing to take the steps necessary to become fine leaders in the program to help shape the future of these forums.

Yes you may have felt in the past you wanted to be one because you spent a lot of time on the forums back then, yet was never invited to be a part of the MVP program for whatever reason.  Yes you did partake in countless beta's to help make games better for everyone else.  Yes you did participate in the GAP program, the Rewards Program, and so on and was a memeber of those communities.

Maybe one day you will get to spend more time on these forums helping ppl like you did in the past and maybe then at some point a ray of PS MVP goodness with shine down on you and welcome you into their loving arms. Smiley Very Happy

The application process is open to everyone mixedkidbx, no need to wait for an invitation or some 'ray of light', if you feel you have some of the qualities & would make a good MVP go for it & apply, good luck to you if you do.

BRIT-KO

Message 20 of 82 (251 Views)
0 Likes