Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Re: Who else thinks they won't get the PlayStation MVP?

Mar 19, 2013

A few question I have about the MVP invites that I hope someone could answer for me.

1. For those who got the MVP invites, how were they selected? By mods? managers? etc.

2. For those that got MVP invites, does that mean they'll be MVP's if they fill the application?

3. I know Im not qualified to be an MVP but this kinda goes with question #1, what are the requirements to be an MVP?

4. Last but not least, how many MVP's will get picked? and when are we going to find out?

photo brunzdead911_zps7fd473d4.jpg
Message 51 of 82 (218 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Mar 19, 2013

LazyShady wrote:

Well, accoriding to IGN. ( http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/15/sony-reaching-out-to-top-1-for-playstation-mvps-program )

they will be sent through email. Knowing how long my messages go to the wrong effin email from the community forums, I'll probably not get a invite. I've submitted the issue and even called them about it. Oh wells, hopefully they check my Psn email instead of this one.

I'm really liking the new website layout

If you are interested in the program, LazyShady, and did not get an email yet please PM me. 

Did you read the new "Who are the MVPs" thread yet?   Check it out first if you haven't already!   http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs/m-p/3...

Message 52 of 82 (372 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2013
Trawnza wrote:

Hey guys,

FYI - this thread is about feedback on the MVP e-mail, so please keep it on topic.

If you would like to discuss other topics, such as your community, please post there.

Thanks

TraWnza, you are my Heroine.  

For those of you who may be thinking illicit drugs right now, please adjust your eyes to the spelling.Smiley Wink

OK, so you can be my Hero too.  I am not one for gender "discrimination".Smiley LOLSmiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started to follow this Thread when it began.  I stepped away for a time, because it seemed to downgrade into banter and finger pointing.  I wish to comment at this point, and only after I have carefully thought it over.

This being said; "Who else thinks they won't get the PlayStation MVP?"  How about; Who thinks they WILL get the PlayStation MVP?

Is that not the real question being asked here?  After all, is that not what people REALLY want to know?

Who has the brass; to step up and say they have so much confidence in their eligibility, they will most definitely be named?

I for one, would not be so bold as to assume any right or deservedness of the Distinctive Honor.  Whether or not I got the "Invitation" to apply, is for my own knowledge and I would not, and will not share.  As I understand it, the Invitations were sent out via PM.  Private Messages, are meant as such, PRIVATE.

People are free to discuss what they received, but I am pretty sure the PM system is set up so that confidence may be assured, and senseless arguments such as this will not arise.  As well, in most instances, sharing PMs is in violation of TOS.  I digress.

For clarification purposes, NINE POSTS into this Thread, TEMPEST_FIRE said the following:

Anyone can applyThe email went out to a small group of people who were opted-in to receive corporate email from us.

Here is the link to apply: http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/

What happens when someone you do not agree with becomes an MVP, and you do not?  Answer: they become an MVP, and you do not, (SIMPLE).  An MVP is not a member of the Moderation Team, and certainly not a Digital Platform Manager.

Here is the FAQ, in case anyone needs review.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Forum-Information-and-Help/Who-Are-the-PlayStation-MVPs/td-p/...

Do you frequent the Forum, providing insight and help?  Do you act cordially towards FELLOW, COMMUNITY members?  Is your interaction here based solely on status and not on; helping and learning WITH others, or providing stimulating conversations?

Who would not want to be an MVP?  Some might not.  Most would.  Again, I will not share my personal feelings towards it, as they are "personal".  

I can say, however, I am hopeful the DPM Team, Moderation Team,and current MVPs, (if they are included in the decision making process), will choose those "deserving" of the distinction based on their own criteria, and not on who can be the "loudest" about it in the Open Forums.  After all, a level of confidentiality and modesty are required for the MVP Program, unless I have interpreted the FAQ wrong.

So in the next four to six weeks, we shall see who does, and who does not become part of the MVP Program.  It is out of our hands, so theorizing and worrying about it seems futile.  

If you really wanted to be an MVP, and you do not get it; will you stop coming to the Forum?  If the answer is yes, then perhaps this truly is not the place for you.  You will be missed, as EVERYONE here is important to the Community.  We all play a part, and a distinctive Icon should not determine how we play that part.

Have faith in the DPM Team to make decisions that are best for the Community and the Sony Brand.  They get PAID for that.  While we do not always agree with them, they do a fantastic job here.

I LOVE this Forum.  I have grown to love it more and more, with every day I am here.  I do not hold myself higher than anyone, no matter the "rank" or "stature".  A true MVP would not either.  

Read the FAQ again, and ask yourself the honest, hard question; am I MVP material?  It is not classified by how much you $pend.  It is not classified by how much you Post.  It is not classified by how long you have been coming to the Forum, how many Posts you have made, how many Threads you have authored, or even how many KUDOS you have received.  Read the FAQ, and trust in the DPM Team to make the choices out of those, THEY, feel deserving.

Sorry for the long Post, but as I said, I gave myself a lot of time to think about this.

So; Who wants to be, and who thinks they WILL be an MVP?  My answer is......

Spoiler
Does it matter?Smiley Wink

Respect each other; that is all, I, ask.

Moble

Message 53 of 82 (360 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Brilliant as always moble!  Out of the people that I correspond with on here daily I have a small handful of people who I honestly think deserve some recognition for their efforts.  You are always near the top of my list.  Well said sir! Well said.  I hope you end up sporting some new colors soon.

In my opinion you are one of the driving members behind this community and I often look to you for example.  This recent post of yours being a key one of them.  Thank you.

Message 54 of 82 (347 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4421 posts

Mar 19, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Brilliant as always moble!  Out of the people that I correspond with on here daily I have a small handful of people who I honestly think deserve some recognition for their efforts.  You are always near the top of my list.  Well said sir! Well said.  I hope you end up sporting some new colors soon.

In my opinion you are one of the driving members behind this community and I often look to you for example.  This recent post of yours being a key one of them.  Thank you.

Awe shucks.  Thank you.

I only try to do my best.  (No Sean Connery references pleaseSmiley Wink)

Moble

Message 55 of 82 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5542 posts

Mar 19, 2013
Moble is the perfect candidate for MVP!
Message 56 of 82 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 19, 2013

Brunz_911 wrote:

A few question I have about the MVP invites that I hope someone could answer for me.

1. For those who got the MVP invites, how were they selected? By mods? managers? etc. From what I can see, the invites went out to people that the Moderation and Manager teams thought might be good candidates. There are also a few who have been nominated by the community at large and the MVP team as well. Any one can apply at this stage of the process, even those who did not receive an invite by the Manager Team.

2. For those that got MVP invites, does that mean they'll be MVP's if they fill the application? No, acceptance is not automatic. A lot of it depends on the answers provided by the applicant, as well as likely feedback from the Mod/Manager teams.

3. I know Im not qualified to be an MVP but this kinda goes with question #1, what are the requirements to be an MVP? Part of the process (from my understanding) is based not only off the answers  you provide, but they will also look at your posting habits. Are you an individual who tries to be helpful? Do you provide tips, suggestions or point out where someone might find the answers they're looking for. Or are you someone who likes to post responses such as "lol"; "+1"; "lololololololo..........."; "TROLL!" etc... Do you post a lot of short response posts that aren't very helpful such as "I agree" or "ur wrong". Do you insult others on a regular basis. Have you been banned or warned for behavior. Things like that.

4. Last but not least, how many MVP's will get picked? and when are we going to find out? Unfortunately I don't know the answer to those questions.

Message 57 of 82 (328 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

Mar 20, 2013

If only the form would work I would be able to join the speculation wagon Smiley Sad

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 58 of 82 (264 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31015 posts

Mar 20, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

If only the form would work I would be able to join the speculation wagon Smiley Sad

Try it through internet explorer. It was the only browser that worked for me. 

Message 59 of 82 (248 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Mar 20, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

Xuchilbara wrote:

Try it through internet explorer. It was the only browser that worked for me. 

I have tried it on Firefox, IE, Chrome, & Opera with no results. The submit button java code is set to void(0).

Because of this experience I can't even explain how much I've come to dislike those psychological multiple choice questions   Smiley Mad RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yes, all my written answers meet the 250 character limit.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 60 of 82 (240 Views)
0 Likes