4 replies 82 views Edited Nov 29, 1999
No Text
Message 1 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

RE: Who wants to wait 2 and a half years for the Dolphin. NOT ME

Nov 29, 1999
I don't mind waiting on the Dolphin to come out. By that time I will have saved enough money to Import a Dolphin. So when the US is just getting the PS2 I may be getting a Dolphin (if nintendo can make it within 2000).
Message 2 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 29, 1999
While Nintendo could do it, it's not likely that the Dolphin will look or play better than the Playstation 2.

It's just that the graphics would be too similar, after all, look at the people claiming there is hardly any difference between the Dreamcast and Playstation 2 besides the better rendering!

It's hard to imagine how Nintendo could do better, and the processor wouldn't really matter otherwise the N64 would have blown the Playstation away.

Oh well, time will tell.

But until then, Nintendo better release an official spec sheet before everyone gives up on them.
Message 3 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
0 posts

Nov 30, 1999
They have released various spec sheets and sccording to them nintendo has sony beat, and some rumours state that the makers if FFV and 8 are knocking on nintendo's door. It could be a comback
Message 4 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
67 posts

Nov 30, 1999
Spec sheets that are invisible? Spec sheets that have no real useful content? Since when are all chips structured the same so that MHz would be an accurate measurement of power?

Squaresoft is NOT developing for Dolphin, there are no plans, no projects, nothing, if there were, it would have leaked, the rumors you hear are similar to what they said about the Dreamcast and the N64, this is just another one of those "we are getting Squaresoft!" stories.

Besides, Square wouldn't really want to go back after Nintendo was claiming that RPGs wouldn't exist once the "next generation" of games would make them phase out. That was back when the N64 was still was called the Ultra 64.

Message 5 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes