Mar 23 2009
By: todwurst Sackboy 527 posts

Who would want Bushido Blade for PS3?

[ Edited ]
28 replies 3148 views Edited Mar 7, 2014

I'm not really a fan of the SF style fighting games, but I have fond memories of Bushido Blade.

Who else would like to see the franchise resurrected on the PS3. Heck, even as a smaller scale downloadable rather than a whole new blu-ray effort would be cool

Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Designer of Roadkill Cafe for iPhone Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
371 posts

Re: Who would want Bushido Blade for PS3?

Mar 23, 2009
Wow, haven't played this game in over a decade.
Message 2 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Mar 24, 2009

Have you played that game recently? It's terrible. Take away the blood and you're nostalgia goggles and the game wasn't any good. :/

Do you really wanna run around one hit killing random ninjas? I'm sorry I've already played that game a few times.

http://thebadloserswallofshame.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4127 posts

Mar 24, 2009
I pass I really disliked the whole one hit kill concept of it.

Message 4 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3681 posts

Mar 24, 2009

I see two ways a bushido blade game could go.  1 is worthless as random 1 hit kills ruin all tactical game play.  Or 2, an advanced, complex, and yet easy to use system of position and posture is developed which makes the game amazing and i'd love it forever...

I think I'd rather have a new Way of the Samurai game..

Message 5 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Mar 24, 2009

S-Laughter wrote:

I see two ways a bushido blade game could go.  1 is worthless as random 1 hit kills ruin all tactical game play.  Or 2, an advanced, complex, and yet easy to use system of position and posture is developed which makes the game amazing and i'd love it forever...

Way of the Samurai was a pretty awesome game for the era it came out in wasn't it? It was a lot of fun and had tons and tons of potential for the sequels! Unfortunately, I never played Way of the Samurai 2 as I just heard and read terrible things about the game.

I would also like to see this game refurbished and done on an epic scale. The type of game needs to be done on a large scale IMO. Great action/RPG game.

Message 6 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3681 posts

Mar 24, 2009

Dotanuki555 wrote:

S-Laughter wrote:

Way of the Samurai was a pretty awesome game for the era it came out in wasn't it? It was a lot of fun and had tons and tons of potential for the sequels! Unfortunately, I never played Way of the Samurai 2 as I just heard and read terrible things about the game.

I would also like to see this game refurbished and done on an epic scale. The type of game needs to be done on a large scale IMO. Great action/RPG game.

Yeah I never played WotS2 either.  Only the first one.  Which was epic.  Replay value was so solid because you could literally go either way with your character and any point in the story, from the savior of the town, to just passing through and letting everyone else have their fight, to betraying everyone at the last second O_O

I also liked going through to collect the swords.  Took a while to get the full sword set.  Also upgrading swords was fun, as were the other mini events like the 100 battles faught.  Definitly a game concept that would work well with trophys, and massively extended game play.

Message 7 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
667 posts

Mar 24, 2009

S-Laughter wrote:

Dotanuki555 wrote:

S-Laughter wrote:

Yeah I never played WotS2 either.  Only the first one.  Which was epic.  Replay value was so solid because you could literally go either way with your character and any point in the story, from the savior of the town, to just passing through and letting everyone else have their fight, to betraying everyone at the last second O_O

I also liked going through to collect the swords.  Took a while to get the full sword set.  Also upgrading swords was fun, as were the other mini events like the 100 battles faught.  Definitly a game concept that would work well with trophys, and massively extended game play.

Yeah, upgrading swords and picking your outfits at the start was pretty sweet. I liked how you can learn new moves too! Ah, good times! Now I'm thinking to myself, should I have traded that in when I got my BC PS3? Hmmm, I only kept a few PS2 titles, but talking about this one again has me nostalgic!

Sorry to the OP for highjacking the thread.

Message 8 of 29 (3,148 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Mar 24, 2009
Oh Snap I damn near forgot about this game Bushido Blade was one of tha greatest games ever, they should definitely make another one, tha one hit kill's is whut made it amazin, I mean it was so true to life, you had to be truelly skillfull, tactiful, and patient, just like true sword fightin, games like SF and MK are soo lame because you can get beat up all round and come back for a round 2 and win, no real street fight has ever really been like that, bushido is for warrior's with moral's not kids who belive that they can beat everything with a " Hadouken!!!!!" or a " Get Over HERE!!!!!""
anubyss
Message 9 of 29 (3,148 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8495 posts

Mar 24, 2009
Wasn't a big Bushido Blade fan here. The game needed quite a bit more going for it than it had. 1 hit = death = not fun fighting game = no sales.

photo Qull-1-1.jpg
Message 10 of 29 (3,144 Views)
0 Likes