Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
10 posts

Re: Why Do People Hate The PSP Go So much?

Apr 15, 2010

Well I Just Got Mine off craigslist for 60$ in pearl white and its great really small,decent speakers. i really like it.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 49 (63 Views)
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Apr 15, 2010

Nicthasneak wrote:

Well I Just Got Mine off craigslist for 60$ in pearl white and its great really small,decent speakers. i really like it.

Nice! $60 bucks damn that's cheap

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Apr 15, 2010
much props to ya i almost got a go off craigslist but i panicked and went ot wal mart and got mine
so many people look to GOD for the answer to thier struggles few ever look inside for the strength they so desperatley need

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 25, 2010

I likely have a different perspective since I am new to PSP. I bought a PSP Go because I like the idea of digital content. I owned a Gameboy many years ago and hated carrying discs with it. The smaller size is great too, fits in your pocket comfortably and that's all you need. Grab and go! No case and no discs. It also has Skype built right in! In just 2 minutes I was signed into Skype and made a phone call. With the built in mic it's like a cell phone. Worked great! 16GB is plenty of space for several games, movies and MP3's. Bluetooth also rocks! I use my Motorokr S9's and the sound is superb! I think people who don't like the PSP Go are old school. It's only $200. If you like your 1000, 2000, or 3000 and don't want to be cool like me, then stay old school but don't be a hater. The PSP Go rocks my socks off!

• More portable than pre-go systems (No discs, small size)
  • Bluetooth headphones
  • Portable phone (Wifi, Skype and built in Mic)
  • 16GB Holds 20 games, 20 episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, several albums and then some!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6965 posts

Aug 25, 2010

kardon24 wrote:

It's not just the fact of the umd issue. Sometimes a game will come out in UMD format, and not on PSN, or it would take a little longer to come out on PSN like Little Big Planet had that problem. The screen is smaller so it makes it harder for people with less then average eye sight (which is probably why the Nintendo DS got bigger) The memory stick is diffrent, and more expensive then the DOU PRos. Non of the cords for the orginal PSP work for it, and last but not least you can't replace the battery due to it voids the warrenty. (I think that's to prevent the pandora issue all over again) ... I have a good friend been friends with him for almost 7 years now. He works at Wal*mart i was looking at one (Proud owner of a 2001 seriouse silver/black slim warrenty was up had it for over 3 years so i changed the face plate making it black and silver it looks sick) and he looked at me and said "don't waste your time" and i said "I know i love my psp already i wouldn't waste my money" then he said "i know right? i know a guy i work with named chris he has a 3000 seriouse and he went out and bought the GO... he told me worst investment ever. He returned it the next day." that's why people hate the go so much. It's not a bad idea, but sony could have made it better.

Little Big Planet American version had that problem ( EU version came out a night before the UMD counterpart ) other games like Pixeljunk Monsters Deluxe , Patapon 2 came out on PSN first but yes i do agree there are some third party games that dont come out on PSN at all but first party game is a completely different story ( they all come out on PSN ) and sometimes a night before the UMD release ( Socom Fireteam Bravo 3 )
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Aug 25, 2010

I have a PSPgo.

I got mine for $170 on sale. So price wasn't an issue. All of the games I want on PSN are never over $23 anyway (Until God of War: Ghost of Sparta comes out.) Blue-tooth is kinda nice, considering I use a stereo Blue-tooth headset on two other devices so I already have one... I do like the smaller size, when I had a 1000 I never took it with me anywhere, a different story with the PSPgo. At least if I'm playing it out in public it's more sophisticated looking... I do like plugging it into a television and using a dual-shock controller with it too...

Not to mention, where I live there is no support for UMD, so I'd have to buy it online anyway. Places like amazon.com usually have lower prices, but you have to wait for the game to ship, and if it's less than $25 you have to pay shipping... So in many cases PSN games are a lot more convenient. Spend an hour downloading a game or spend a week waiting for it in the mail... And, all of the games I could ever want are on PSN. It's the japanese games, RPG's, and a few older games that had their liscenses run out that aren't on PSN. None of them I ever really liked in the first place either... But this is just in my case I guess...

I certainly don't hate the PSP-3000, but I don't like it as much as the PSPgo...

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Aug 25, 2010

Rodster wrote:

Techni wrote:

Answer: They added features that would appeal to existing owners (16 GB built in flash, bluetooth tethering to cell phones and PS3 controllers, game savestate) then removed the ability for existing owners to use it

Worse, they removed the USB port, the ability to use existing USB devices (chotto cam, talkman mic, GPS, Wireless TV tuner) made it inconvenient to use as a USB harddrive since it uses a nonstandard cable, removed the existing AC adapter port, the existing TV out/remote port, the existing memorystick slot, forcing existing owners who do buy it to buy all new accessories

Even worse, not all games are even available for download, and the ones that are, cost more than the UMD versions. And despite promising a way to import/tradein old UMDs, Sony failed to deliver that (bait and switch)

What Techni said.

I don't hate the Go it's that Sony hasn't made a convincing argument to me as to why I should buy one. The Go was overpriced from the outset, it had features removed from the K Series and you typically pay more for the games not to mention the console.

I lol whenever I read "but yeah I don't have to carry a pocket full of UMD's it's all digital on my Go". Well I can do 98% of what the Go can do on my 3 Phat's and two 3000's. I can buy the same Mini's or full games from the PS Store. And if I decide to buy the disc version there's a 90% chance it will cost less than the DD version.

The Go was poorly implemented and supported by Sony. No wonder they are only worth $50 trade at Gamestop. Hopefully Sony got the market research they wanted out of the Go and will fully implement it in the PSP 2. At this point I wouldn't even consider buying a Go only for the reason that something else is on the horizon which we'll probably learn at E3. If not I still have my 5 K-Series PSP's with tons of UMD's and i'll just buy their competitors 3D handheld.

Remember though they didn't put all those full PSP games or Minis on PSN until the release of the Go, and probably wouldn't have done that if they didn't make the Go.  At least that's a bonus that 3000 owners have to give credit to the Go for.  Now they can download way more full PSP games if they choose to instead of buying discs.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1263 posts

Aug 25, 2010
Its a great device, but people bash it for its price... (or they cant afford it)
Best cover art ever! on Twitpic
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Aug 25, 2010

well i guess im in a pretty good situation for this topic as i am a former psp go hater...

i own a 1k and two 2ks and just recently picked up a go super cheap (25 uk pounds which is around 40ish bucks)...

i originally purchased the go with the thought of selling it at profit...

well its been about a month now and i couldnt bear the thought of selling my go!

now i love my 2ks (and my fat boy of course) and the go has seriously pissed me off something chronic, the reason it #$%ed me off was it was an update that seemed to blatantly ignore what the fans wanted, i thought it was a completely pointless update at a ridiculous price (i still think the go is waaaaaaay overpriced).

a couple things to consider in my case are... i have frikken loads of umds, but i also purchased DLs of my favorite games for my 2ks...

i am NOT getting rid of my k series, so my umds are not a waste. i got the go for crazy cheap.

now if i had paid full price for my go i would of been $%^&*ed off...

i do think the go is pretty pointless and over-priced. but... i will be the first to admit the go is much better than i expected. its construction is really nice, i hate to say it but i even think it is better built than the 2 and 3 k series. i find the screen really nice, sure it is smaller but i find it really sharp. its smaller size is nice but the slider design is absolutely pointless, i mean really what the $%^&???... DL only is restrictive, but the psn store is getting better and better every day. BUT psn prices vs umd prices hmmmmm i gotta say paying over the odds for a DL really $%^&s me off. its just sony being money grubbing $%^&ts...

things going for the go in my lifestyle...

1.its smaller

2.onboard memory

3. this one is a bit obscure and totally unintentional on sonys part but i feel it is worth bringing up. due to the compact size of the go the face buttons are much closer than the k series, what this means is that fps and 3ps are much easier to play on the go than the k series seeing as you have to use the face buttons to move or look...

does any of that make the go better than the k series?

i dont think so...

is it a good console in its own rights?

yes, yes it is...

now i think the go has its faults but it isnt really deserving of all the hate. its a nice little console that makes a nice ADDITION to the psp family but definately NOT a replacement for the k series...

i think the go overall is a great little console and worth picking up under these conditions...

1. you pay less than retail for it

2. you dont mind DL only or psn prices/selection...

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 49 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Aug 25, 2010

For me, my dislike of the GO stems from the:

being forced to purchase every product from a single source thereby circumventing market competition;

(ii) being restricted in the choice of games I have due to not having all games, past/present/future, available on the PSN;

(iii) the unethical behaviour in that the GO, as advertised, is implicitly marketed in such a way that it can play "all" PSP games when it clearly can not. This is a personal pet peeve of mine. I would be much happier if Sony made it clear, by identifying on the packaging of the GO, that there is no guarantee that all publishers will release their products, past/present/future, on the PSN. Failing to do so implies that every game will be available on the PSN. And this is misleading.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 49 (63 Views)