Naughty Paw
20485 posts

Re: Why I hate online trophies.

Apr 12, 2013
I personally don't like disc trophies that are tied to the Multiplayer portion of games. However, I like how Uncharted 2 and 3 handled their 2 Multiplayer trophies, since they were obtained simply by finishing 1 Competitive game and 1 Co-op game. Simple and easy, but still Multiplayer related, which is good. So long as they are easy to get, I don't have a problem with them on the disc.

However, when there are really hard trophies related to Multiplayer, like reach max rank or unlock a top tier item, I really begin to dislike it. The only exception to this is by making them unlocked with DLC. Since people buying DLC are going to be dedicated, I think they can handle the tougher Multiplayer trophies that may come with them (most of the time, since Uncharted 2 had that nearly impossible "You Run, I'll Shoot" trophy Smiley Mad ).

So, in the end, I prefer to only have Single Player trophies, but I'm fine if the MP trophies are simple to obtain. I prefer that developers save any tougher MP trophies for DLC packs that they may release.
Message 21 of 26 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

Apr 12, 2013

That is why I stopped playing WWE '13. I once got a 5 Win streak online, decided to turn off the PS3. Hours later, hopped back on and my W/L suddenly reset.

Message 22 of 26 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Some games do online trophies well like Mass Effect, allowing you to do it online one way or offline another. However online trophies as far as im concerned should be banned. You should never make a trophy that in the future people will not be able to get because you shut down servers it is just ignorant and lazy. It will never happen and it doesn't matter but they are still terrible, I have all the single player trophies in many games but due to multiplayer I will never get the platinums.

Message 23 of 26 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Just learn to live with it is all we can do. Smiley Happy

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Message 24 of 26 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

May 6, 2013
That sucks man i know the frustration with some of these tasks for the trophies
Message 25 of 26 (28 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9310 posts

May 6, 2013

Can't platinum Smackdown vs Raw 2011 because of an online trophy i know how you feel

KANE-FIRE

Message 26 of 26 (26 Views)
0 Likes