Sep 04 2012
By: TechGenius20 First Son 28 posts

Why Should I Get A Vita?

11 replies 430 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

This is all of the PSVita fans chance to help me make up my mind on getting a Vita =) Im heavily considering it, but would like Pros/Cons and some games to get on it, would it be good enough to replace my iTouch?

Message 1 of 12 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: Why Should I Get A Vita?

Sep 4, 2012

reason 1) it does everything an iTouch can do (except text) 

2) only $50 more than a brand new iTouch.

3)Why Shouldn't you get a Vita?

Message 2 of 12 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Sep 4, 2012
What you NEED to do is educate yourself about the PS Vita. I hate when stupid people come here, create a PSN account, and ask stupid questions about the Vita. Make yourself useful and Google up on the specs, go to YouTube and look up videos of the system, systems features, tip and tricks. Watch some game videos, hey how about go to a store and play the demo unit and see if you like it. Nobody cares if you buy when and there's no sense of trying to convince you spend that kind of money on a Vita if you don't like it. Just because we like it doesn't mean you will. Go play with a demo unit them decide for yourself.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 3 of 12 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
413 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2012

This should be fun to read peooles responses.

My personal thoughts-

PROS: Amazing screen. Ultra-sensitive, non-preasure touch screen (works with gloves on or capacitive stylus) Good speakers. Good browser, very rarely freezes up. Long battery life (unlike my ipod touch). Some really good games already out and coming up. ENORMOUS catalog of backward compatible games via PSN. 

CONS: Expensive memory (although if you use the ipod touch internal memory price as reference its not so bad). Missing basic functions in browser (video playback, copy/pasre) but will most likely be patched. Small things (like a headphone wire, for example) can sometimes interfere with some games if accidentally dragged or layed on the screen. Can't check emails. 

Other things to mention: the PSV is better if you have a PS3 (can be a pro or a con depending on who you're talking to). CrossBuy, CrossSave, CrossPlay, and CrossController and such with PS3. Sizeable library of PSP and PS1 are only transerable through PS3 at the moment. So if you own a PS3 lucky you. PS+ is also coming to Vita but we haven't heard much about that yet.

EDIT:

I'm not thrilled by deaofly's response. I have no problem with a newcomer asking a community for the pros and cons of a product they use. In fact I've done that myself a few times. Smiley Indifferent

On-topic - you also asked about games.

PSV:

WipEout 2048

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Disgaea 3

Rayman Origins

PSN:

Sound Shapes

Escape Plan

Super Stardust Delta

Tales From Space

PSP:

God of War Ghost of Sparta

Monster Hunter 

Dissidia 012

Crimson Gem Saga

Ys series

Persona series

PS1:

Final Fantasy series

Grandia 

Resident Evil

Castelvania series

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 4 of 12 (404 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Sep 4, 2012

con's

battery life

not many games you can play on 3g

Not many games at the moment.

can only have one account on the ps vita at one time.

it does glitch every so often.

less app's at the moment

you need to buy sony's special memory card that is made just for the ps vita.

pro

you do not have to upgrade the ps vita like you will with the iTouch

higher quality games then the iTouch

many features that the iTouch does not have and never will.

easy to fix when it does glich out.

(that is all i can think of maybe other people can add to the list. I am personally happy with my ps vita.)

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 5 of 12 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Sep 4, 2012
Oh yeah lets have another thread about why we should convince them to buy a Vita, then a lil while after the come back complain there's no games. Then later talk about the Vita collecting dust on a shelf and how that person has made the wrong choice of buying the unit. Its not hard to go to YouTube and see the reviews about the system and games. Its also not hard to go play with a demo unit. That's all im saying, I did it, spent lots of time learning about the system and games and made points of what interest me about it. Went to a store and got a hands on.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 6 of 12 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
28 posts

Sep 4, 2012

I have researched it, but as good as reviews are and Demos at the store are, they arent the best (the demo at my best buy doesnt show the multimedia features), I want to see what the consumer thinks, and since Im getting a PS3 really soon, and Ive heard about all the Cross-Play/Buy/Control features, Ive been interested , but its better to be assured, If you dont want to help, then dont post

Message 7 of 12 (392 Views)
Sackboy
413 posts

Sep 4, 2012

TechGenius20 wrote:

I have researched it, but as good as reviews are and Demos at the store are, they arent the best (the demo at my best buy doesnt show the multimedia features), I want to see what the consumer thinks, and since Im getting a PS3 really soon, and Ive heard about all the Cross-Play/Buy/Control features, Ive been interested , but its better to be assured, If you dont want to help, then dont post

Gave you a Kudo, sorry for his rudeness. 

For the record, I come here practically every day (except maybe weekends) and I havent seen a "Where are the games" thread since Gamescon. Smiley Wink

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 8 of 12 (377 Views)
First Son
28 posts

Sep 4, 2012

Hey thanks man =) gamescon did nothing but make the Vita even more enticing, especially when youre also planning to buy a PS3, PS All Stars is coming out on my BDay too =)

Message 9 of 12 (370 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1018 posts

Sep 5, 2012
Don't there's TGS and they say it will be VITA-centered so expect lots of promising titles
Message 10 of 12 (360 Views)
0 Likes