Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: Why all HD ports need to be on Vita.

Dec 16, 2012

I must agree that HD ports are where it's at. I've got the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection for PS3 but I've only been playing it my Vita via Remote Play. I really wish I could just take the game with me instead of streaming it, but it's cool. And I don't think the Vita is in desperate need for good games. The Vita has time to accumulate awesome titles like Gravity Rush 2 and Killzone Mercenaries, but until then we need more HD ports. How about a Katamari HD collection, Manhunt HD collection, GTA HD collection, Viewtiful Joe HD collection, Prince of Persia HD collection, and Kingdom Hearts HD collection. Now tell me you wouldn't get a Vita for at least one of these HD ports.

Message 11 of 22 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Look at sale numbers, clearly majority of people don't buy systems for ports~.
Message 12 of 22 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Dec 16, 2012
Well the 360 is a system basically for ports. Very few 1st party IP's. By those system sales, more people prefer ports. Only reason I bought a Ps3 was to play Socom, other than that, it.offered me nothing special I couldn't do with my PC.
Message 13 of 22 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Technically those aren't ports, those are multiplatform releases; that's a huge difference from a port. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, isn't a port, it's a simultaneous release with the 3DS. Same goes to NFS: MW. Asking for games people have played on the PS2 / PS3 on the other hand, those are ports~.

In fact, perhaps the reason why the XBOX 360 has sold so much in the West is because it has the largest pool of multi platform games. If you look at the list of releases for next year, the XBOX 360 is only second to the PC when it comes to multiplatform games~.

Mind you, I'm not against ports; I'm thrilled about DoA 5+. But in moderation, moreso when the PSV has yet to establish an identity for itself and moreover, when the system is struggling to stay alive in Japan. Sometimes I fear people want to ignore the reality that stems from the poor sales across the globe. The PSV is an amazing console, but that doesn't mean it's not doing poorly~.

Message 14 of 22 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4157 posts

Dec 16, 2012
My bad I continue to mix up ports and multiplatform. My next Vita purchase will be Kill zone. Sadly, I'm getting bored of my Vita.
Message 15 of 22 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I'm sorry, did I say that all the Vita games needed to be ports? No i didn't. I said all ports need to be on Vita. Theres a difference. While I'm still waiting to play some more Uncharted or Gravity Rush 2 on the Vita, I would still buy the Sly Collection or Ratchet and Clank Collection for it no doubt.
Message 16 of 22 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 17, 2012
so just call it portstation vita.
didnt buy the vita to play downgraded version of i already bought olr wouldnt play on my ps3
i dont see why people want ports on a trouble system like vita.more original games would make sense to me...well thats me.

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 17 of 22 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
51 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

marc2henri wrote:
so just call it portstation vita.
didnt buy the vita to play downgraded version of i already bought olr wouldnt play on my ps3
i dont see why people want ports on a trouble system like vita.more original games would make sense to me...well thats me.

Yeah more original games need to be made. Tired of just hearing about these ps1 games on the vita that I will never play since I never owned a ps1 and they seem boring anyway in my opinion. I don't care for Spyro or Ratchet and Clank or Sly Cooper (played it when I was younger.. got tired of it) Little Big Planet seems boring too. Don't get the big thrill of it... played it for a few seconds.. was not my thing at all. These ps1 and psp games being on the vita may seem good to some people but not to someone that then care less for ps1 games. We need more original games made for the vita.. specifically for it.

EDIT: Would love a Shadow of the Colusses HD version on the ps vita though since I don't own a ps3 so never got to own that hd version.. loved it on the ps2. One of my favorite games of all time.

Message 18 of 22 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
5406 posts

Dec 17, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

Sky_The_Assassin wrote:

Desprate need?
The only people who moan about the vita are the folks who can't throw down the 250+ dollars it costs to own one.  Plus it hasn't even had it's first birthday no console is really that special until a little later in its life and to be perfectly honest considering how new it is it's my favorite console. 

And unfortunately for you, me and anyone else with a PSV, that means most everybody in the World. The PSV is nearly at the bottom of Worldwide sale numbers, even below the original DS. Guess what? You can chalk it down to people being cheap or whatever but at the end of the day the reality is that people are still not buying it~.

Poor sale numbers equal poor third party support. Poor party suppor equals an endangered system. And right now, one of the many stigmas the PSV has to face, whether you like it or not, is that it's only good for ports. People aren't going to dish out 300$ for a handheld to play games they already played in their home consoles. Sure, some ports are good; keyword here being some but ultimately if all the PSV has is ports it'll lack an identity to craft itself a place in the market~.

So yeah, the PSV is in desperate need of becoming appealing to the hundred of thousands of people who pick a DS or 3DS over the PSV~.

Edit: And for the records, the PSV will be a year old tomorrow; so at this point, the system's appearance in the market is no longer an excuse for its poor sale numbers~.

Man this sounds familiar... I read similar posts like these around 2006 and 2007, I just can't remember for what...

Oh... I remember...

The PS3 when it first started out. People complained that it had little to no games, price was too high, was doomed to the competition (360) sales number wise, and the PS3 would be the last console Sony would ever make due to no one buying it. Wonder what happened to the PS3? It's gone right...

P.S. Sony game platforms always have a slow first start but after a year or few, things get loads better and people who complained what I wrote above disappear or change their tune... Vita will get better, time will tell as usual and people who doubted the device will be proven wrong once again about a Sony Gaming platform.

Message 19 of 22 (71 Views)
Splicer
51 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Hopefully history repeats itself da1writer. I have good hopes for sony.

Message 20 of 22 (67 Views)
0 Likes