Reply
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28669 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

crisiscoreffvii wrote:

> people pay for product

> product does not work

> money is wasted

> people complain for compensation/partial refund

> corporate apologists tell paying customers to stop complaining about a non working product that they paid for

 

honestly, gamers seem to be the only group of consumers who are overly eager to bend over, spread'em, and let companies do what ever they want. now, i see how paying for online play, online passes, and on-disc dlc became strong in the industry.


Yes, we're "corporate lapdogs" says someone who most likely used an Apple iPhone to write this message, while sipping a Starbucks latte, puts Exxon gas into his Toyota, on his way to GameStop, right after he stops for a Red Bull at 7-11, on his way to get lunch at Taco Bell, and watches South Park on Comedy Central owned by Viacom while drinking Budweiser owned by InBev.

 

Message 11 of 21 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/17/2008
Online
3380 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013

Angry much? 

guitar guru 2012
Message 12 of 21 (173 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Offline
8174 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013
Better question: Why do some people make grossly overgeneralizing statements? Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 21 (167 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/25/2013
Offline
370 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

crisiscoreffvii wrote:

> people pay for product

> product does not work

> money is wasted

> people complain for compensation/partial refund

> corporate apologists tell paying customers to stop complaining about a non working product that they paid for

 

honestly, gamers seem to be the only group of consumers who are overly eager to bend over, spread'em, and let companies do what ever they want. now, i see how paying for online play, online passes, and on-disc dlc became strong in the industry.


Yes, we're "corporate lapdogs" says someone who most likely used an Apple iPhone to write this message, while sipping a Starbucks latte, puts Exxon gas into his Toyota, on his way to GameStop, right after he stops for a Red Bull at 7-11, on his way to get lunch at Taco Bell, and watches South Park on Comedy Central owned by Viacom while drinking Budweiser owned by InBev.

 

Go calm down bro. Truth hurts, stop talking out of your **bleep**. (the guy I quoted)

 

Message 14 of 21 (160 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28669 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

DaCrazyHun wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

crisiscoreffvii wrote:

> people pay for product

> product does not work

> money is wasted

> people complain for compensation/partial refund

> corporate apologists tell paying customers to stop complaining about a non working product that they paid for

 

honestly, gamers seem to be the only group of consumers who are overly eager to bend over, spread'em, and let companies do what ever they want. now, i see how paying for online play, online passes, and on-disc dlc became strong in the industry.


Yes, we're "corporate lapdogs" says someone who most likely used an Apple iPhone to write this message, while sipping a Starbucks latte, puts Exxon gas into his Toyota, on his way to GameStop, right after he stops for a Red Bull at 7-11, on his way to get lunch at Taco Bell, and watches South Park on Comedy Central owned by Viacom while drinking Budweiser owned by InBev.

 

Go calm down bro. Truth hurts, stop talking out of your **bleep**. (the guy I quoted)

 


 

Hypocriscy

 

 

And I suppose you built the PC you're using out of wood hewn from your backyard? Seems like the "truth" applies to everyone else except yourselves. We're all corporate stooges, unless of course you've built a VW Golf in your basement. You're either being paid by one, or you're using their wares. So I wouldn't be so quick to cast the first stone.

Message 15 of 21 (153 Views)
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

Why is it that people like you complain about others complaining or have an opinion? 

 

 

You DO know that everyone has an opinion right? And they they can do whatever they please right?

 

 

The two business models you presented are NOT any sort of direct result of this.... FAR FROM IT actually.

 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 16 of 21 (129 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013

It's called INSECURITY. They get defensive because they're insecure about their purchase, and in order to battle this insecurity they defend it online against people who complain. In a way, they're only attempting to reassure themselves.

Message 17 of 21 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/22/2010
Offline
245 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013

BRB_Krew wrote:

It's called INSECURITY. They get defensive because they're insecure about their purchase, and in order to battle this insecurity they defend it online against people who complain. In a way, they're only attempting to reassure themselves.


No. I am very secure about my purchase of a PS4. It's the people who complain just to complain and are ignorant of how things work that are insecure about their purchase. 

Message 18 of 21 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
847 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013

GrnDragn wrote:

BRB_Krew wrote:

It's called INSECURITY. They get defensive because they're insecure about their purchase, and in order to battle this insecurity they defend it online against people who complain. In a way, they're only attempting to reassure themselves.


No. I am very secure about my purchase of a PS4. It's the people who complain just to complain and are ignorant of how things work that are insecure about their purchase. 


 

Ah, denial. So people who complain when the network is down are insecure of their purchase? They're not exercising their rights as a consumer to complain about a product and service that they pay for? No. It's those who tell people to deal with it who are so insecure that they get upset over people who just want a product that they paid for to work.

 

Want to see insecurity? Go to the launch day posts and look at how many insecure fanboys there are that get legitly mad at people who come on here and say that the PS4 that they paid for was a brick. It's astonishing how rude and disrespectful people are to those who just want something they have been looking forward to and paid for to work. And you're saying that those people are insecure? 

Message 19 of 21 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
Registered: 12/10/2013
Offline
184 posts
 

Re: Why are gamers corporate lapdogs?

Dec 27, 2013
This thread seems to have run its course, as it has degenerated into personal attacks and flaming. Because of this, I'm going to lock the thread.
Message 20 of 21 (88 Views)