Aug 07 2014
By: silverstoner1978 First Son 8 posts

Why can't I get the Hulu app on PS4 ?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 327 views Edited Aug 7, 2014

Apparently I'm supposed to be able to have the Hulu app on my ps4 but its nowhere to be found some please explain is it cuz I'm in Canada ?

Mod Edit: Updated title. Added Ask the Community label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 6 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10151 posts

Re: Why can't I get the Hulu app on PS4 ?

Aug 7, 2014

Hulu is not available in Canada

Message 2 of 6 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Aug 9, 2014

Most good apps for playstation are not available in Canada.  yet, we pay the same price, more in alot of cases.  

Message 3 of 6 (259 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26191 posts

Aug 9, 2014

Fuhr31 wrote:

Most good apps for playstation are not available in Canada.  yet, we pay the same price, more in alot of cases.  

Blame your nation's copyright and licensing laws for that.

Message 4 of 6 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jan 8, 2015

Every country has licensing and copyright laws.  It's the publishers that decide how to license their material.  It's them that decides on limiting licenses based on national borders.  Our laws have nothing to do with that.  They are making a choice because they want to sell licenses to as many different companies as possible and they can charge more by making them "exclusive". 

Message 5 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6934 posts

Jan 8, 2015

silverstoner1978 wrote:

Apparently I'm supposed to be able to have the Hulu app on my ps4 but its nowhere to be found some please explain is it cuz I'm in Canada ?

Mod Edit: Updated title. Added Ask the Community label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Hulu and Pandora aren’t licensed as Canadian broadcasting distribution undertakings. They could try to establish a business with sufficient Canadian ownership to meet the requirements and then launch service, but they would then run into another problem. They don’t own the Canadian distribution rights to the programming so U.S. and Canadian copyright holders will sue them unless they block access to IP addresses that they can identify as Canadian.

http://www.straight.com/life/roland-renner-why-cant-we-get-hulu-pandora-and-other-over-top-internet-...
g

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 6 of 6 (106 Views)