Jul 03 2014
By: lodgedrocket First Son 3 posts

Why did I lose my free game midway through Plus subscription?

[ Edited ]
5 replies 196 views Edited Jul 3, 2014

Last November I purchased a PLUS subcription good for a year and is good until November 2014. I was playing the Sly Cooper game that was given as a free game for the June Instant Game Collection. I am about 50% through the game and all of a sudden a "this content will expire in 5 minutes."

I thought games were yours to play as long as your subscription is active and mine is active until the end of November. So SONY what gives? So what is the pont of paying for PLUS if I lose access to games? Pretty aggravated to be honest.

Mod Edit: Updated title to be as descriptive as possible. Removed Games & Platforms label and Other label. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

Message 1 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Why am I losing my instant collection game midway through Plus subscription?

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

You're right, that is how it is supposed to work. Sounds like a glitch. I have been having issues with PS+ on the PS4 for  a long time. It won't recognize licenses, locks me out of content, and one time it just decided I didn't have plus anymore and wouldn't let me play BF4 online. REALLY annoying.

I had to do a rebuild from the start-up screen you get by holding the power button for a while when powering on the system. This seemed to fix it for a while, but there are still hiccups. 

This can be done on the PS3 as well, however, it's not as straightforward, and I'm not sure how to do it without looking it up.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 6 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

Re: Why am I losing my instant collection game midway through Plus subscription?

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

I had to do a rebuild from the startup screen you get by holding the power button for a while when powering on the system. This seemed to fix it for a while, but there are still hick ups. 

That's absolutely awful, **bleep**.

Message 3 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jul 3, 2014

SergeantVincent wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

I had to do a rebuild from the startup screen you get by holding the power button for a while when powering on the system. This seemed to fix it for a while, but there are still hick ups. 

It sounds worse than it is. An unnecessary headache yes, but it really didn't take too long, and it didn't remove anything from the HDD

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 4 of 6 (154 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 3, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I have tried calling support, but couldn't get anyone on the line for 40 minutes and chat support isn't connecting me to any of SONY's online support either. If it persists I will look up how to do that on the PS3, and glad it didn't remove anything off the HDD.

Message 5 of 6 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7393 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

SergeantVincent wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

It sounds worse than it is. An unnecessary headache yes, but it really didn't take too long, and it didn't remove anything from the HDD

Oh, I thought you meant you did a total rebuild as in a clean sweep of your HDD.

Message 6 of 6 (101 Views)
0 Likes