Jun 18 2014
By: socom69 Uncharted Territory 1715 posts

Why do people care about War Thunder?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 225 views Edited Jun 18, 2014

Like....I'm almost positive if it wasn't on ps4 it would be an afterthought for people on here. I played this game two days ago and it's just a really bad version of warhawk. The tanks control like crap, the flight combat is boring, and this might just be me being **bleep**, but why is there a crosshair that shows where your bullet will fire if you lead a shot? Are gamers that bad nowadays that developers need to show them where they'll fire if they try shooting while they're diving and leaning left?

Mod Edit: Updated title and label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 1 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
550 posts

Re: Why do people care about War Thunder?

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2014

I care about War Thunder because it is an awesome game! You can tweak the controls so the little circle does not appear. It has  a ton of controller options to mess with to get it the way you like. Not everyone is going to like every game so maybe flying games are not your bag. I do not play with the ground forces, so that I can't comment on. I will try it out later when I get tired of flying. Two hours is hardy enough time to give to the game. Once you start getting the better planes is when the fun begins. It has a pretty cool community too. All this is just my opinion though. Best part it is free. You do not need to purchase anything if you dont want to. It is not pay to win at all. I have not spent one dime and I have level 3 planes already. You do have to sink alot of time into it though. Fun just the same. :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 13 (214 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 18, 2014

socom69 wrote:

Like....I'm almost positive if it wasn't on ps4 it would be an afterthought for people on here. I played this game two days ago and it's just a really bad version of warhawk. The tanks control like crap, the flight combat is boring, and this might just be me being **bleep**, but why is there a crosshair that shows where your bullet will fire if you lead a shot? Are gamers that bad nowadays that developers need to show them where they'll fire if they try shooting while they're diving and leaning left?

Mod Edit: Updated title and label. Check here for more information. Thanks! --GrainneNessa

Because some people like the game? No offense but why should it matter? Its a game some people will like and do like, no matter if you think it sucks or not. It was never meant to be a flight/tank sim, or a super ultra realistic war game like socom.

Message 3 of 13 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
11577 posts

Jun 18, 2014

Gotta love the ignorance. I suck at the game therefore no one else should care. If you're as god as you say ou are about the "Are gamers that bad nowadays that developers need to show them where they'll fire if they try shooting while they're diving and leaning left?", why don't you man up and put it on realistic or simulator mode? Lets see you handle that big boy...

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 4 of 13 (207 Views)
PlayStation MVP
550 posts

Jun 18, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Gotta love the ignorance. I suck at the game therefore no one else should care. If you're as god as you say ou are about the "Are gamers that bad nowadays that developers need to show them where they'll fire if they try shooting while they're diving and leaning left?", why don't you man up and put it on realistic or simulator mode? Lets see you handle that big boy...

I crash and burn in that mode! Still a ton of fun. You made me laugh with the "Lets see you handle that big boy..." comment. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Jun 18, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

Define that word "ignorance" and please elaborate on how that’s an appropriate word to use in this context; given that I’ve actually played the game myself and am not basing my impressions off of something say….like a video.

"I suck at the game therefore no one else should care." <----This statement is more akin to "ignorance" because you have no idea if I'm good or bad because you have not played with me.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 6 of 13 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
294 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2014

The little time I've put into this game has been fun. When playing with friends I've had even more fun. I messed with the tanks for ten minutes and won't return to that mode anytime soon...I suck but thats alright by me. I can admit my lack of skill.

The game is fun...but that's my opinion and not to be confussed as a fact.

(please note that my comments were not directed towards any gamer other than myself)

This account is being put to pasture soon...Danny_Xanax shall be the new me.
BHD | LaG | Twitter
Message 7 of 13 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jun 19, 2014
The game seems fun but the menu system is a bit much for me. I have a hard time trying to get in a game with friends. When they brought this to console they should have done a better job with the menus the touch pad control is just bad.
Message 8 of 13 (108 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jun 19, 2014

best flying game imo

get gud OP xD

Message 9 of 13 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
800 posts

Jun 19, 2014

It's pretty darn fun, so I can see why people would care.

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 10 of 13 (85 Views)