First Son
3 posts

Re: Why does it take forever for everything on the PS3 to download?

Jan 31, 2013

I'm sorry but the PS3 HORRIBLE! I mean its 2013. My 360 is FAST on the install, updates, and downloads. All my kids 3ds are faster, iPods faster, wii and wii u faster. I can't believe after all these years Sony has been given a pass on this. Downloaded LBP2. Took30 min, THEN the update took 45. ANYONE that owns all 4 consoles (wiiu included) KNOW the POS3 is the worst of them all. Supposed to b the newest and its the slowest when downloading, installing, and updating. YES IM A PLUS MEMBER!  It's an insult to customers to settle for less performance with a console and company with this much clout. Wired or wireless my POS3 is the SLOWEST of all the wireless or wired devices in my home. I have an newest iPad, 3 iPods 4th gen, 3: 3ds, a wii on wireless, wiiu, 360, wiiu, nexus tablet,  2 iPhones. Now 90% of those devices r wireless. My 360 and POS3 are the only ones not wireless and the PS3 is THE WORST with a wiredconnection.  As I searached for these forums, logged in, typed this all out on my iPad and did reproduction read and spell check I'm still only 46% into the update for LBP2 and my screen saver feature kicked in. Simply put, anyone use any other device will see what I'm talking about Sony only gets away with this because so many of their customers didnt have a major network in their home.  I got 3 devices wired to router and ps3 is one of them and at the end of writing this, I'm only at 54% of the LBP2 update. It's bad hardware, and  horrible tech. I was a huge ps2 fan and love my GOW and  bought a bunch of ps3 titles online and via GameStop because I saved for a new 360 slim. So I got dishonored, black ops2, COD3, and many others. So the games are good. But I go and download LBP TODAY and when I'm done I got this MASSIVE update. Why the hell wldnt it justb included in the original download???? It's like downloading a game only to update it and download it again just to update it again. I seriously cld have just got in the car, drove to GameStop, bought the game, and then download the update for another 45min. Horrible, cheap, misleading, and anyone that owns all 4 consoles is settling for less by making their POS3 their main console. I want it to be great but Sony got $500 of mine nearly 6 years ago and hundreds since. For that priceAND HYPE, it should B better. NO! IT should be the best. 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 73 (1,060 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jan 31, 2013

never any issues with any of my ps3's downloading or installing updates...has always been pretty quick unless im having issues with my internet speed...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 73 (1,057 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14962 posts

Jan 31, 2013

kauffdog wrote:

I'm sorry but the PS3 HORRIBLE! I mean its 2013. My 360 is FAST on the install, updates, and downloads. All my kids 3ds are faster, iPods faster, wii and wii u faster. I can't believe after all these years Sony has been given a pass on this. Downloaded LBP2. Took30 min, THEN the update took 45. ANYONE that owns all 4 consoles (wiiu included) KNOW the POS3 is the worst of them all. Supposed to b the newest and its the slowest when downloading, installing, and updating. YES IM A PLUS MEMBER!  It's an insult to customers to settle for less performance with a console and company with this much clout. Wired or wireless my POS3 is the SLOWEST of all the wireless or wired devices in my home. I have an newest iPad, 3 iPods 4th gen, 3: 3ds, a wii on wireless, wiiu, 360, wiiu, nexus tablet,  2 iPhones. Now 90% of those devices r wireless. My 360 and POS3 are the only ones not wireless and the PS3 is THE WORST with a wiredconnection.  As I searached for these forums, logged in, typed this all out on my iPad and did reproduction read and spell check I'm still only 46% into the update for LBP2 and my screen saver feature kicked in. Simply put, anyone use any other device will see what I'm talking about Sony only gets away with this because so many of their customers didnt have a major network in their home.  I got 3 devices wired to router and ps3 is one of them and at the end of writing this, I'm only at 54% of the LBP2 update. It's bad hardware, and  horrible tech. I was a huge ps2 fan and love my GOW and  bought a bunch of ps3 titles online and via GameStop because I saved for a new 360 slim. So I got dishonored, black ops2, COD3, and many others. So the games are good. But I go and download LBP TODAY and when I'm done I got this MASSIVE update. Why the hell wldnt it justb included in the original download???? It's like downloading a game only to update it and download it again just to update it again. I seriously cld have just got in the car, drove to GameStop, bought the game, and then download the update for another 45min. Horrible, cheap, misleading, and anyone that owns all 4 consoles is settling for less by making their POS3 their main console. I want it to be great but Sony got $500 of mine nearly 6 years ago and hundreds since. For that priceAND HYPE, it should B better. NO! IT should be the best. 

go rant somewhere else if you're not going to bother to read the rest of the comments.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 73 (1,054 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013

You have no basis whatsoever to claim I didn't read prior comments. And my post context in itself shows that I have done my homework and am an advanced tech user. Don't ASSume.  I simply posted accurate information that's been tested in several environmenorder in order to substantiate my claim. The reason it's slow is simply because IT IS!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 73 (1,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 31, 2013

U just posted on the thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 73 (1,035 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14962 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 31, 2013

kauffdog wrote:

U just posted on the thread. 

Umm.... No i didnt..... look on page 2.

You're only blabbering misinformation and half-truths in your rant and a lot of people don't care for it, which is why I said what said.

If you think the PS3 is slow.... its an issue on your end. 

both of my PS3's run as smooth as water on a perfectly polished and waxed car, even the older 80Gb from 2007 that only has 20Gb left on the 500Gb drive I installed. My downloads are nice and fast at 30Mb service from my ISP.
If you don't understand that analogy, heres a video.... pay particular attention at 2:23 

Theres plenty of other people who beg to differ from you as well to corroborate me. Just ask around.

Making a rant solely to villify.... Go home troll

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 73 (1,031 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1509 posts

Feb 1, 2013

Garyxyz851 wrote:

These people saying It's slow because your on wireless are wrong. I'm on a 32 MB per second connection (which is really high, higher than 98% of the US) and It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes to download inFAMOUS the other day, and I'm on a WIRED connection, so 3 hours to download it on wireless isn't that bad at all, There's nothing wrong here inFAMOUS is a huge game and movies are huge too especially newer ones.

Its the way it is,really slow always has been. Im on 50 MB per sec. and a game could take an hour. I usually just start the download and carry on with the day.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 73 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6342 posts

Feb 1, 2013

SeBBall09 wrote:

And is there a way to speed things up? Im connected to wifi, 100% signal stregnth most of the time and whenever i try to download a game or movie it takes up to 3 hours! I mean i had to leave my PS3 on overnight last night to download infamous and when i woke up it was still only at 93%. Is downloading everything from PSN just this slow??

I  dnt think any psn movie take 3 hrs to  dl   but the some games do take along time to dl. Movies should be no more than 5- 10 mins the most.   I dl rdr  it took me 15 mins but socom confrontation took  about 12 hrs..I think it depends on the game  and how many patches they   have made.. patches take long time if your  behind in buying it  or the game is older, becuase the game has to do alot  things to be on par.
Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 73 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Feb 1, 2013

To.Kaudog

I agree the PS3 is aweful in that matter, i own a slim and all other PS's 1 2 PSP "NOT VITA"

The download speeds on the PS3 are slower than any other device in my house if its such a powerful device why on earth is it so slow? Its my only system with modern games my sister lets me use her 360 with our wifi and i asure you That Works fine.

I was downloading the Ni no Kuni demo to try it out and when it was finished when it  was installing by around 11% it said that there was an error so i had to redownload the game for another what seemed like a full hour or so but i fell asleep and when i woke up i installed the game and it still showed an error.. not cool a full 2 agonising hours for nothing even MGR revengance wouldnt even activate

Now the only thing you wouldn want to do here is post the truth "PS3 is a POS3".. because no one here would even care and not even acknowledge the thing has a Problem but it does.. my guess is simply cause they never experianced an issue... but if it happens to a few people the problem does exist i like my PS3 but its so hard to do so since its just so slow

SONY IS GUILTY OF: "False Advertising" and Undisclosed dishonest business practices

HomeStuck "Main" - PlushyPillow "PS PLUS ONLY"
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 73 (1,015 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Very slow downloads with wired connection and 50 meg connection nothin is wrong my end psn have just messed up yet again! Wont be buying anything from psn store again. Keep up the good work sony! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 73 (852 Views)
0 Likes