Jun 26 2014
By: NSlaine Hekseville Citizen 277 posts

Why doesn't Sony partner with Google for future UI's?

[ Edited ]
10 replies 205 views Edited Jun 26, 2014

Does it not seem like sony seems to be a little underprepared for this type of development. Like Xbox has microsoft which ok they have never been the GUI kings but they can get things done fast and right sony doesn't seem to be the company to do this. They may have a little department but partenering with Apple of Google would give us a far better product with faster develoment and updates. I mean they work with AMD for hardware why not someone for software? Like they certainly don't strike me as a great software company why do they want to do this themselves anyway?

I'd rather have them just make games and technology for games and leave Operating systems to the big guys or even a good little guy like someone with a linux build. I mean what they do is kinda cute with the Vita and Ps4 but comparable to the market its far from competative and the time it takes them is pretty unreasonalbe, like OSX was built in less time lol

Mod Edit: Updated title for capitalization and added line break to text. Check here for more information. Thanks! - TwistedTarantula

"All men are created equally!" ya but umm then they do stuff or something
Message 1 of 11 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Re: Why doesn't sony partner with google for future UI's?

Jun 26, 2014

Honesty, it would be a cool idea to bring Google apps (the closely thing we get is Youtube app). but sadly, it won't happen. but I rather get Sony to open a studio that can focus on Software.

Message 2 of 11 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Re: Why doesn't Sony partner with Google for future UI's?

Jun 26, 2014

While I wouldn't say this is a horrible idea, it's hard for me to get behind since I feel like Google has their hands in WAY too many things in our world as it is.

Message 3 of 11 (185 Views)
Wastelander
738 posts

Jun 26, 2014
The day google partners with sony is the day I sell my ps4. Give me youtube app then move along google.
Message 4 of 11 (163 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 26, 2014

I would not be against the idea as Android is one of the best OSs out there. Although I don't think it will happen. The least Sony can do is partner with Google to put the Chrome Webrowser on the PS4 and Vita, as Sony doesn't seem know how to make a good webbrowser to save their life.

Message 5 of 11 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 26, 2014
One does not simply, "partner" with Google. Or as I like to call them "we own this now inc."

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 6 of 11 (149 Views)
VP of Gaming
29409 posts

Jun 26, 2014

Because then you have to PAY Google everytime you sell a PS4.

Message 7 of 11 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1820 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

This is a Terrible idea... 

Please, we don't need Apps. that have nothing to do with Gamming on the PS4... 

Secondly, we don't even need a You Tube App. either... The way it was done on PS3 was far terribly done... 

What is wrong with using the Web Browser for You Tube, it's far better anyways? 

I am not a Fan of Google, & since they took over You Tube, they ruined You Tube... 

Google has no place on a Console, just saying, it just doesn't belong there... ~_~ 

Lastly, Sony needs to get rid of Net Flix, it doesn't belong on a Gamming Console either...
It has in no way shape or form, anything to do with Games, ~_~

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

GuRuAsaki2098 wrote:

This is a Terrible idea... 

Please, we don't need Apps. that have nothing to do with Gamming on the PS4... 

Secondly, we don't even need a You Tube App. either... The way it was done on PS3 was far terribly done... 

What is wrong with using the Web Browser for You Tube, it's far better anyways? 

I am not a Fan of Google, & since they took over You Tube, they ruined You Tube... 

Google has no place on a Console, just saying, it just doesn't belong there... ~_~ 

Lastly, Sony needs to get rid of Net Flix, it doesn't belong on a Gamming Console either...
It has in no way shape or form, anything to do with Games, ~_~

sorry dude, haven't you seen a ton of "OMG WHERE IS YOUTUBE ON MA PS4?!"-related OPs about that?

those op REALLY WANT YOUTUBE TO PS4. (same for that Share Button feature) together with DLNA and MP3 player, besides PS4 was suppose to be build as a "gaming machine".

also trying to get Sony to getting rid of Netflix, welp, Sony wouldn't want the risk. you would be seeing many "SONY WHY DID YOU REMOVE NETFLIX" rage OPs alot. 

btw, I don't think google screwed up Youtube...unless were talking about Google+ Comment Section, Content ID and Layout badly optimized

Message 9 of 11 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
614 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

Google does make good Operating Systems, that's true.

However, there are a number of things wrong with this suggestion. Firstly, the UI on the PS4 is really nice at this point, except for the neverending scroll through everything you've installed. Second, the operating system and UI must be designed from the ground up, and looking forward, to make room for games. That's what Sony knows how to do, and Google doesn't. Lastly, why would Sony want to pay Google for every PS4 sold? 

Oh, and the Xbox UI is trash. BLOCKS, BLOCKS EVERYWHERE!

digitalseraph2.jpg

Add me as a friend to chat or just play games -- PSNid: seraphim_falconu

checkoutbanner.jpg

Message 10 of 11 (92 Views)
0 Likes