I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: Why doesn't the PS3 Slim play PS2 games?

May 20, 2013
It's not such a good idea to suggest to people that they should modify their consoles in a way that is STRICTLY against the TOS of the PSN. Anybody doing so, and yourself included for openly admitting it, is subject to a permanent ban of their PSN user ID and console from the PSN.
Message 81 of 84 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 20, 2013

superdarkwesker wrote:
Actually most of you are wrong about your facts... Any slim "CAN" play ps2 games there is no lack of hardware... A simple change to a cfw will allow you to, with "ANY SLIM OR FAT" its in the programing of the operating system. Even the systems with single laser lenses. Sony admitted to removing this function, they didn't omit hardware to do it. I have 3 ps3 systems. 1 fat origionally 80g bc now 1tb bc. 2 slim systems a 120 upgraded to 1tb and a 320 upgraded to 1tb and cfw it is now bc...

i call bulls#it!

link to your "custom firmware" or you're lying.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 82 of 84 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 24, 2013
Jdurg you are correct, if you choose to use your console activily on the psn I do not suggest modding your system. However my modified system is not on the psn and I can do what ever the f#@% I want with my electronics. Also all my systems have 2 seperate accounts feel free to report 1. And to you Cascadien just go to dashhacks.com and get educated. MultiMan is your new best friend. Smiley Happy
Message 83 of 84 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

May 24, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

superdarkwesker wrote:
Actually most of you are wrong about your facts... Any slim "CAN" play ps2 games there is no lack of hardware... A simple change to a cfw will allow you to, with "ANY SLIM OR FAT" its in the programing of the operating system. Even the systems with single laser lenses. Sony admitted to removing this function, they didn't omit hardware to do it. I have 3 ps3 systems. 1 fat origionally 80g bc now 1tb bc. 2 slim systems a 120 upgraded to 1tb and a 320 upgraded to 1tb and cfw it is now bc...

i call bulls#it!

link to your "custom firmware" or you're lying.

Some programmers/hackers found a way to run PS2 games on non-BC PS3's. 

The problem.... is that it doesn't work for every game, matter of fact, only works on literally a handful of games. 

They're improving it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

It looks promising tho. But to even run Custom Firmware on a PS3, you're going to be looking at a very difficult, long and drawn out process..... One of the steps is downgrading your firmware, which if not done correctly, can brick your PS3

Furiously Chaosing
Message 84 of 84 (462 Views)
0 Likes