Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4644 posts

Re: Why such terrible games on Playstation Plus for PS4?

Aug 6, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

this whole explosion of indie games makes me sick...now everyone and their moms are making these crap looking/playing games and its going on new expensive consoles...oh wow let me buy a 2014 console so I can play games that look like they were made back when nintendo came out....*fart noise* indie games suck, stop trying to give them to me, free or not I don't want them! I dont care what little crap game you think you're going to get paid for, if I was Sony I wouldnt of gave the FEZ developers $5 bucks for unlimited licenses, garbage games left and right on next gen...woohoo...not  

maybe if you did a little bit of googling, or you paid a little more attention to some gaming news, you'd find that every single AAA studio is in the process of making games. 

also, along with that research, you'd find that most of these indie games you dislike are being made by PC devs, who are being courted by sony, and being paid by sony out of some of that + money to secure games for us while we have to wait for the AAA games, again, already being made.

if you don't like the length of time it takes to make AAA games these days, then you might as well quit the hobby as dev time is only going to get longer, as tech gets better, the games will get bigger & better, and that will take time.

Message 11 of 52 (346 Views)
Fender Bender
2778 posts

Aug 6, 2014

Any games that go up for the PS4 when it goes 1 month when nobody buys that game the following month we get it for free so we will only get terrible of the terrible till Sony makes some exclusive games only for plus members for the PS4.

Message 12 of 52 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4695 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2014

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

this whole explosion of indie games makes me sick...now everyone and their moms are making these crap looking/playing games and its going on new expensive consoles...oh wow let me buy a 2014 console so I can play games that look like they were made back when nintendo came out....*fart noise* indie games suck, stop trying to give them to me, free or not I don't want them! I dont care what little crap game you think you're going to get paid for, if I was Sony I wouldnt of gave the FEZ developers $5 bucks for unlimited licenses, garbage games left and right on next gen...woohoo...not  

So since the PS4 launched, these few indie games below were given out as PS+ titles, ones you say look like they were made back when nintendo came out...

...so these look like NES titles? These look like Crap? Please, I need people to stop saying stuff like this... I was nice and  only picked the above titles out for those into graphics over gameplay. If you can look past the art style used in the other PS+ titles, the gameplay from the others can be quite deep, fun, or very rewarding. 

In regards to FEZ, Shadoefax originally didn't care for the title until he tried it (and highly commend him for) - Now he likes the game! I think people need to try some of these indie games to at least give them a fair shake / personal review before bringing premature judgement that indie titles are crap when it'squite the opposite. You can't judge a book by it's cover until you read it, same goes for games - you can't just look at it and think it's crap until you at least try it, you could really miss out on something you might even enjoy that your attitude may get in the way of.

Fez for instance looks like a 2D 16bit game... until you play it. You then realize the game is a richly 3D world that you are fully in control of, with puzzles and collecting galore. There is quality graphics and/or gameplay in many indie titles, you just have to look for them. Just as there are good and bad indie titles, there are good and bad AAA titles as well. They can both coexist and I see no reason why they shouldn't because they are all still games on the particular gaming platform we may be playing on at the time.

If you like, I can show more quality Graphical titles that have come out or will soon come out via these indie titles made for the NES :smileywink: ...

Message 13 of 52 (344 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Aug 6, 2014

Sometimes, I like whats for free.   :smileywink:

Message 14 of 52 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2847 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2014

da1writer. i think he means good exclusive AAA titles. a new resistance, ratchet and clank , jak, sly cooper

something like that. 

it takes time to make these games

Message 15 of 52 (333 Views)
Fender Bender
3057 posts

Aug 6, 2014

da1writer wrote:

UGo_6FT_Below wrote:

So since the PS4 launched, these few indie games below were given out as PS+ titles, ones you say look like they were made back when nintendo came out...

...so these look like NES titles? These look like Crap? Please, I need people to stop saying stuff like this... I was nice and  only picked the above titles out for those into graphics over gameplay. If you can look past the art style used in the other PS+ titles, the gameplay from the others can be quite deep, fun, or very rewarding. 

In regards to FEZ, Shadoefax originally didn't care for the title until he tried it (and highly commend him for) - Now he likes the game! I think people need to try some of these indie games to at least give them a fair shake / personal review before bringing premature judgement that indie titles are crap when it'squite the opposite. You can't judge a book by it's cover until you read it, same goes for games - you can't just look at it and think it's crap until you at least try it, you could really miss out on something you might even enjoy that your attitude may get in the way of.

Fez for instance looks like a 2D 16bit game... until you play it. You then realize the game is a richly 3D world that you are fully in control of, with puzzles and collecting galore. There is quality graphics and/or gameplay in many indie titles, you just have to look for them. Just as there are good and bad indie titles, there are good and bad AAA titles as well. They can both coexist and I see no reason why they shouldn't because they are all still games on the particular gaming platform we may be playing on at the time.

If you like, I can show more quality Graphical titles that have come out or will soon come out via these indie titles made for the NES :smileywink: ...

I've been waiting for a good puzzle game or an RPG for the PS4 since I purchased the console last March.  Today I found one.  Now I'm happy!  

Message 16 of 52 (332 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 6, 2014

@da1writer 

I completely agree that indie games can be and often are great games and tons of fun. However I do think that a new system pushing them is kind of stupid. These are gaming that can easily play on ps3 and you could probably make play on the ps2 without too much trouble, and of course most ppls pc's can play these games aswell. They are fine for ps+ however I find it distrubing that I can't really find a good game that uses the ps4's power in anyway gameplay wise, and the graphics are past the worthwhileness from a diminishing return point of view. 

I think one major problem with the indsutry today is the middle fell out, now everything either has atleast 100 people working on it or less then 15. The bigger ones have so many inconsistencies within the game because nobody knows what other people working on the game is doing so when they put it together the story and gameplay clash, as well as some gameplay elements, and it often just breaks the game. Also the big bbudget makes it so companies dumb down the game to try to make it appeal to the lowest common denomenatior making it crap in most cases. 

On the flip side the indie studios don't really have the resources to do anything impressive tech wise and focus on pure game play for a rather niche audience, they often have good concepts and are really flushed out but if you aren't into it you won't like it at all (which is fine) and they often have not very much content, don't see physical release and use simplier (from technology point of view) gameplay elements. 

Stuff that's in the middle seems to have gone away, and that's really the best of both worlds, physical release, more content, more fleshed out, and less schizophrenic, good unit idea's. The only place they really take a hit off the bigger ones is graphics and maybe some content, unless of course they are shooters then they take a hit in amount of players online.

Message 17 of 52 (300 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4695 posts

Aug 7, 2014

@stalemate666 

I also agree to a certain degree, especially on the middle ground totally getting murdered last generation (PS3).

So many studios have been closed down from the Launch of the PS3 to the Launch of the PS4... So many Studios members or IP's are either long gone or merged into the big companies to be forgotten.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45913

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/01/12-game-studios-that-died-in-2011 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/11/20-studios-we-lost-in-2012 

http://www.8cn.tv/content/memoriam-game-studios-closed-2013 

Indies though were originally a niche group, only seen on PC but thankfully through certain peoples efforts... Indies are now a growing beast that, while some don't like where it's going, is growing the industry to try things they weren't doing before.

Take Child of Light, while it was published by Ubisoft, it very much has the characteristics of an indie title (especially since it was on a restricted low budget). Why would a big company even bother in the first place though? This "Indie Movement", it has gotten publishers rethinking how they bring out some titles that could appease other possible audiences besides those wanting the Michael Bay, JJ Abrams top tier games, maybe even winning a bit of that group as well.

Though I have to disagree with the notion that just because it does come on PS3, doesn't mean it isn't being pushed on the PS4. Apologies in going into numbers and the technical route but Resolution is upped to 1080p on PS4 (a number very rare on PS3), running at 60fps on PS4 (Again, an extremely rare number on PS3), and certain things graphical assets (better shadows, AA, AF, etc) are turned on that the PS3... just couldn't handle. Not to make this long (which it can be), I'll provide a few links below:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-strider-next-gen-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-dead-nation-ps4

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-child-of-light-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-trine-2-on-ps4

Child of Light in particular above is running in 1440p (albeit downscaled to 1080p due to PS4 limiting the Resolution output).

There isn't a single game on PS3 running in 1440p, especially at 60fps w/ a Anti-Aliasing (to avoid jaggies) HIGHER than  MSAA (PS3 is running in 720p @ 30fps with a blur filter).

If that isn't amazing enough, Trine 2 is the only title on PS4 capable of running in 4k Resolution (no game on the PS3 or PS4 is able to do so) and in 3D in 1080p, due to the PS4 being locked with specifics it currently doesn't (It's capable, Sony just locks certain options to developer's final product). That is crazy, in comparison, it too currently run in 1080p @60fps on PS4 while the PS3 version runs in 720p @30fps.  

Of course these are cross-generation titles so the best of their ability maybe isn't fully realized yet, especially as Indie titles, so we can roll to titles exclusive to the PS4 platform that just couldn't run at all (or well) on the PS3. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-trials-fusion-face-off

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-outlast-face-off

But wait, we are still kinda looking at numbers right, who has time for reading right :smileywink:! Let's look at the Proof of the pudding of titles that push the PS4 that have come out and coming soon to the PS4 that just can't be achieved on PS3 and only possible on PS4 (or PC). Yes, these are all Indie titles, enjoy :smileywink:!

Jonathon Blow even mentions the PS3 Just can't handle the game , yet the PS4 can :smileywink:!

No Man's Sky was the Most talked about title at E3 and to this day, it still is and it's not even out yet.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/INFO-No-Man-s-Sky-V2-0/td-p/43746540 

All 7 titles look fantastic, All 7 titles never to be on PS3, All 7 titles... from indies.

When it comes to indie titles, many are great and there are some that are phenominal!

Message 18 of 52 (273 Views)
Fender Bender
3173 posts

Aug 7, 2014

Sony made no secret to the fact that they planned for the PS4 to be THE console for Indie devs; so much so that they devoted an entire segment of their 2013 E3 event to Indies. Remember this guy:

Did we not believe them for some reason when they put all those developers up on stage under the spot light? Do we actually think that Sony should give away a $60 game to people who pay $39 for PS+? That's just bad math! If we didn't have indie games right now, what would be have in their place? A bunch of videos and screen shots of AAA games that are coming out next year? If you don't like the indie games, just don't download them. Pretend they don't even exist...

Message 19 of 52 (263 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 7, 2014

@da1writer 

I guess you missed the gameplay wise part. 

Nobody cares about resolution it doesn't change the game at all most ppl don't even notice and it's not pushing anything. Graphics have been able to go up to 1080 for like 10 years on pc, the EXACT same games still sell more on consoles. Higher resolution is a bonus at best, trying to pass it off as main course is pathetic. There's no reason to own a ps4 right now, you can find more good games on ps3 and if specs and resolution jerking is your game get a pc. 

Message 20 of 52 (232 Views)
0 Likes