Last Guardian
10845 posts

Re: Why such terrible games on Playstation Plus for PS4?

Aug 7, 2014

So far 10tons games is kicking butt with the PS4 on fun games to play. In no way are these 2 games +++ Sparkle 2 and Crimsonland but they are some of the most fun/time consuming games i've spent on the system.

Message 21 of 52 (180 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5753 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2014

stalemate666 wrote:

@da1writer 

I guess you missed the gameplay wise part. 

Nobody cares about resolution it doesn't change the game at all most ppl don't even notice and it's not pushing anything. Graphics have been able to go up to 1080 for like 10 years on pc, the EXACT same games still sell more on consoles. Higher resolution is a bonus at best, trying to pass it off as main course is pathetic. There's no reason to own a ps4 right now, you can find more good games on ps3 and if specs and resolution jerking is your game get a pc. 

But @stalemate666 ,  you said this though...

stalemate666 wrote:

On the flip side the indie studios don't really have the resources to do anything impressive tech wise ...

I simply showed the games above as examples...

I mentioned at the end of indie games that do provide excellent/intriguing gameplay and impressive graphics is all (these look fantastic... maybe I should have removed looked...), My whole point of even coming in this thread was to show that some indie titles can be good, fun, and look great (NES/Crap is not the vocabulary to use for all indie titles like a paintbrush). I think I gave enough information to at least hopefully have people rethink how they view Indies.

I do have a PC though (steam ID da1writer1985) but prefer the PlayStation ecosystem and my friends are on PlayStation Smiley Wink! No need for me and others to be on PC (or to be angry) to enjoy what the PS4 can provide in regards to the bump in specs and resolution for the games on it, you have to experience it first hand to enjoy and understand though. Hope to see you on the PS4 one day, glad to have talked with you guys about this Smiley Happy!

Message 22 of 52 (229 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Aug 7, 2014

They are not  "free" they require  apaid subscription  and they are a part of that.If you didnt have to pay a monthly sub but still got them then they would be free,they are paid for with PlayStation sub money.

Message 23 of 52 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10845 posts

Aug 7, 2014

MooreLoneStar wrote:

They are not  "free" they require  apaid subscription  and they are a part of that.If you didnt have to pay a monthly sub but still got them then they would be free,they are paid for with PlayStation sub money.

I don't think so. I think when a game goes 1 month with less than 3 people or so who but it the following month that game or games get up up for plus games for the PS4. So even if a crap game gets put up on the PS4 it still has hope with PS plus.

Message 24 of 52 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Aug 7, 2014

I've had the Ps4 with PS+ since launch and haven't downloaded a single free game they offer. Those games are for tablets and iphones LOL I'm sure once a sequel is about to be released they actually release a AAA or how about even a AA or A or B but chances are I'll have already bought it.

I think a big problem is games get harder and more expensive to make and technolgy gets bigger and harder to use maybe someone in that industry should notice the trend should be going the other way where you've done this before it should be easier it should be cheaper and should be more intuitive rather than pricing the story tellers and artists out and pricing the nerds and hacks in you could develop technology that makes things eaiser for the user to develop a game especially one thats been done a million times that way we'd actually have games to play and you could make a good B game without a billion dollar studios assets and budget!

"All men are created equally!" ya but umm then they do stuff or something
Message 25 of 52 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2014

atleast they are free, want to play more cool games you have to pay for that my boy.

Watch Dogs Glitches

Message 26 of 52 (96 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9830 posts

Aug 7, 2014

fostermacation wrote:

MooreLoneStar wrote:

I don't think so. I think when a game goes 1 month with less than 3 people or so who but it the following month that game or games get up up for plus games for the PS4. So even if a crap game gets put up on the PS4 it still has hope with PS plus.

no, it doesn't work like that. there have been many interviews with devs over the years about it. sony and the dev negotiate on the "payment" the devs get when their game goes up for free on PS+. 

this "payment" could be in the form of pure cash, reduced fees for publishing, or dev kits, reduced pattch fees, etc. 2 devs that i know of even took nothing and let sony give the game out just for the added exposure their game would get from it.

Message 27 of 52 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Aug 7, 2014
Im not sure but i dont think ive played any of the free games the last 3 months.. june,july,and August. I download then just delete them. Blah
Message 28 of 52 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Aug 7, 2014

da1writer wrote:

stalemate666 wrote:

@da1writer 

I guess you missed the gameplay wise part. 

Nobody cares about resolution it doesn't change the game at all most ppl don't even notice and it's not pushing anything. Graphics have been able to go up to 1080 for like 10 years on pc, the EXACT same games still sell more on consoles. Higher resolution is a bonus at best, trying to pass it off as main course is pathetic. There's no reason to own a ps4 right now, you can find more good games on ps3 and if specs and resolution jerking is your game get a pc. 

But @stalemate666 ,  you said this though...

stalemate666 wrote:

On the flip side the indie studios don't really have the resources to do anything impressive tech wise ...

I simply showed the games above as examples...

I mentioned at the end of indie games that do provide excellent/intriguing gameplay and impressive graphics is all (these look fantastic... maybe I should have removed looked...), My whole point of even coming in this thread was to show that some indie titles can be good, fun, and look great (NES/Crap is not the vocabulary to use for all indie titles like a paintbrush). I think I gave enough information to at least hopefully have people rethink how they view Indies.

I do have a PC though (steam ID da1writer1985) but prefer the PlayStation ecosystem and my friends are on PlayStation Smiley Wink! No need for me and others to be on PC (or to be angry) to enjoy what the PS4 can provide in regards to the bump in specs and resolution for the games on it, you have to experience it first hand to enjoy and understand though. Hope to see you on the PS4 one day, glad to have talked with you guys about this Smiley Happy!

They don't do anything tech impressive... high resolution on an incredibly simple game (from a tech point of view) isn't impressive. There's a reason so many 2D games are 1080p on ps3. 

They can be good yes but they don't do anything worthwhile with the tech and could (and usually are) played on far weaker hardware. My point isn't that the games are bad it's that I can see why someone who bought a ps4 has no interest in them on ps4. Indie games aren't a bad thing persay but I think the focus on them got a little out of hand and they along with "AAA" development has reduced the amount of mid-tier games which is where most of the quality comes from. 

Resolution is the farested thing from a selling point there is, it's like the smallest bonus possible. No games use the ps4's potential for anything gameplay wise, it's all just graphical updates which have the worst diminishing returns of any other gen transistion. The "AAA" games push graphics over gameplay way too much especially without mid-tier games competing on a gameplay level and indie games just don't have the budget or manpowered to do anything worthwhile with boosted specs, they always just build games around a unique concept or have something a dime a dozen, and while the unique concept is great you don't need ps4 for it and it's not what alot of people want. 

I like all games but I'm getting sick of the indie push and lack of quality retail games just overadvertised appeal to lowest common denomenator crap. 

Message 29 of 52 (162 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5753 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2014

I think I agree on the aspect of what IGN's Colin Moriarty said, "Some people hate indie titles because that's the cool thing to do as there are others doing it." I also believe that some think that if a game isn't backed by a big time publisher, it's not worth anyone's time.

Each person has their own opinion in regards to games but no one can give a factual definitive answer of why indie titles are bad without it being quite opinion based. While we can argue that indie titles hang off a concept/idea and try to run with it, same goes for big time developers but they instead try their hardest to push graphics to hide this from the normal consumer. So it still boils down to Indies can provide good games and bad games just like AAA studios have the same quality of good games and bad.

Indies get less of a look though which is unfortunate when they should really be given a chance as they could provide an experience that big time developers would rather not take a chance thereof. It still stands true that many judge a game over it's looks and avoid the potential aspect that the game could be good, they'll never know though (which is up to them of course). There's a reason why Indies are being pushed so hard too - the majority see potential, original content, and New gameplay that Big developers choose to avoid as they don't think it will sell well.

Once everyone gets over the aspect of trying to make a split between Indie and AAA developers, we can move on to what both of them create that we all can enjoy - GAMES. I thought that's the reason why we own these gaming devices in all honesty, is to play games.

I read articles below and whole heartily agree that some think the way they do about Indies and hate them because they provide an affordable means to entertainment and categorize them due to their prices alone. Some are just that desperate to pay $60 a couple times a month or year because the price tag will justify the content given somehow ....
...despite the hidden DLC attachment they are ok with...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/29/why-do-so-many-people-hate-indie-games

http://talkingaboutgames.com/2014/07/indie-games-must-die/

Message 30 of 52 (151 Views)