Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 162 of 553 (558 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

everyone who wants to gameshare can gameshare and you have no right to tell they can't.

Edit: inflammatory statement removed

Message 163 of 553 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Elisabeth_Hirsch wrote:

everyone who wants to gameshare can gameshare and you have no right to tell they can't.

Edit: inflammatory statement removed

No, but Sony does:

From the ToS change that outlines this:

"All intellectual property rights in the Services belong to us and/or our licensors. All use of or access to such Services is subject to these Conditions, any relevant Additional Conditions and all applicable laws.

Unless expressly authorised by us, you must not:

1. share, sell, transfer, rent or sublicense any Service or part of any Service to anyone else; or
  2. modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any Service or part of any Service (unless permitted by applicable law); or
  3. create any derivative works, attempt to create the source code from the object code, or download a Service or any part of any Service for any purpose not authorised by us; or
  4. copy, reproduce, communicate to the public or transmit, use for public performance or exploit any Service or part of any Service."

Grindhead_Jim

Message 164 of 553 (502 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No, but Sony does:

"All intellectual property rights in the Services belong to us and/or our licensors. All use of or access to such Services is subject to these Conditions, any relevant Additional Conditions and all applicable laws.

1. share, sell, transfer, rent or sublicense any Service or part of any Service to anyone else; or
  2. modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any Service or part of any Service (unless permitted by applicable law); or
  3. create any derivative works, attempt to create the source code from the object code, or download a Service or any part of any Service for any purpose not authorised by us; or
  4. copy, reproduce, communicate to the public or transmit, use for public performance or exploit any Service or part of any Service."

That refers to accounts and digital media, not Physical copies of games. 

When in doubt ask yourself;" What would Daryl Dixon do?"
Message 165 of 553 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Strangeguy32000 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No, but Sony does:

I know - I'm talking about gamesharing, which refers to sharing digital games - directly addressing the person I quoted.  What are you talking about?

Grindhead_Jim

Message 166 of 553 (481 Views)
Sackboy
521 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I hang out with a friend of mine often, and he has a PS3 as well, so we always have each others PSN on each others system, and yes, we do use the games that are linked to the other profile.

Its not against the ToS, if you check the description for any PS Store game it explicitly says that it allows you to put this game on one other system with your account.

Message 167 of 553 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Illuvial wrote:

I hang out with a friend of mine often, and he has a PS3 as well, so we always have each others PSN on each others system, and yes, we do use the games that are linked to the other profile.

Its not against the ToS, if you check the description for any PS Store game it explicitly says that it allows you to put this game on one other system with your account.

I agree with that assertion, however, the only person I was addressing makes it pretty clear with their tone that they are not interested in obeying the ToS.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 168 of 553 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Strangeguy32000 wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

No, but Sony does:

[...]

And Grindhead_Jim is referring to Accounts and Digital media.

Message 169 of 553 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Last time I chime in on a discussion without reading through several Pages of posts (many of which contained the "PS4 how to lend Games" video)

When in doubt ask yourself;" What would Daryl Dixon do?"
Message 170 of 553 (465 Views)
0 Likes