Reply
MVP Support
Registered: 08/04/2009
Online
5489 posts
 

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

Jun 15, 2014

jaeden_jones wrote:

Do all those symbols do anything when I put them in there comment. My 8 year old just had someone asking him to game share so he can play minecraft, so he was asking me for the info. I said absolutely not and unfriend him right now, I had to explain to him that whoever gets his info can steal all my $$ from my bank account and possibly worse. So I was hoping maybe those symbols did something to where Sony would be notified.

Thank You


I'm really not sure what symbols you're referring to. If you want to notify Sony, then report the message.

Message 331 of 553 (523 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 06/28/2014
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jun 29, 2014
I never game shared before but I think the games are over priced and if people dish out 60 bucks for a plastic disc or data they should be able to do whatever they want with it. Sharing is caring, not theft.
Message 332 of 553 (478 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 05/25/2014
Online
8307 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jun 29, 2014

It will be "next gen" gaming when I can trade and lend digital downloaded games.

Message 333 of 553 (474 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/14/2014
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jul 14, 2014

Hi, I think the credit card stuff is a little big and of course everyone know games are not made by miracle.

The ONE and only BIG reason to not SHARE is people spamming to share games constantly are game thefts.

They make money with that...

They sell your shared game on ebay and other sites like kijiji etc. BE AWARE OF THAT!!!

Do a simple search on ebay and you gonna find electronic download of GTA 5 for example.

Don't buy games where you need to create a new profil to play the game etc.. DON'T FEED THOSE THEFTS!!!

Message 334 of 553 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
Registered: 04/05/2003
Online
11831 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jul 14, 2014

NewDrew2 wrote:
I never game shared before but I think the games are over priced and if people dish out 60 bucks for a plastic disc or data they should be able to do whatever they want with it. Sharing is caring, not theft.

It is theft. That second third or 4th person never paid for the game. Thats like its ok to get a game upload it ion the internet and let milions download it for free.  You are stealing if you game share.

Skimble photo skimble-o_zps32latisj.gif
Message 335 of 553 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 04/14/2014
Offline
452 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jul 14, 2014

Black0Panther wrote:

NewDrew2 wrote:
I never game shared before but I think the games are over priced and if people dish out 60 bucks for a plastic disc or data they should be able to do whatever they want with it. Sharing is caring, not theft.

It is theft. That second third or 4th person never paid for the game. Thats like its ok to get a game upload it ion the internet and let milions download it for free.  You are stealing if you game share.


You could say that about rentals.

Message 336 of 553 (394 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/24/2004
Online
5385 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jul 14, 2014

Inf7cted wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

NewDrew2 wrote:
I never game shared before but I think the games are over priced and if people dish out 60 bucks for a plastic disc or data they should be able to do whatever they want with it. Sharing is caring, not theft.

It is theft. That second third or 4th person never paid for the game. Thats like its ok to get a game upload it ion the internet and let milions download it for free.  You are stealing if you game share.


You could say that about rentals.


It is only theft IF more than one person is using that license at the same time.

IF I buy a game, play it, and then give it to someone, that is perfectly legal as long as I didn't make a copy of it and play the copy while my friend has the original.

Now I am legally allowed to back it up but only one can be used at a time. So if I was able to make a copy of the disk and store it while I used the original that is fine. If I scratch my disk and it is unusable but now use the backup that is legal but I do have to keep the original disk. The disk really means nothing. It is all about the license.

 photo thumb_zpswmt8x6n2.jpg
Message 337 of 553 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 02/02/2005
Online
10653 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Jul 14, 2014
It isn't up to us to decide what games should be sold at.. And if money is an issue than maybe you should be looking into cheaper hobbies..
>

Message 338 of 553 (383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/16/2014
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Aug 16, 2014
This is by far the most dumb thing I have ever seen dont game share or you spit in the face of the people who make this game haha are you serious and yeah bo2 is really gonna go under if we game share even tho they are the 2nd most sold game of alltime dude your lame if you wanna tell people that they shouldn't game share then fine but dont tell them stupid stuff like this and I know kids who game share with 50 other kids and nothing has ever happened to them also if you dont want your credit card info stolen just buy a psn card and it has money on it then nobody can get your psn card and dont listen to this dumb little boy
Message 339 of 553 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 08/16/2014
Offline
4 posts
 

Re: Why you should not game share

Aug 16, 2014
Dont listen to jb
Message 340 of 553 (274 Views)
0 Likes