First Son
6 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

Feb 26, 2013

Lol. Gamesharing is "morally wrong"? Thank god I've never done it. I don't want to go to hell.

Message 91 of 553 (909 Views)
MVP Support
8716 posts

Feb 26, 2013

#2 is just an excuse to continue lining the pockets of the already rich by paying for the same thing individually?

Iagrue, I have no problem with lending out physical copies of the game to a friend, but a person who has a digital game that is downloaded from another's account will always going to be considered stealing anyway because they didn't pay for it. I agree with the OP, it's cheating Activision of their money if you decide to share a digital copy of the game to a friend. There's no such thing as lending out digital copies of a game to friends because they'll play it many times as they want once they activate another person's account on their PS3.

The 5 activation rule was intended only if you own another 4 PS3 consoles, not to share with friends. I see their reasons changing it from 5 to 2 back in November 18th, 2011 before I got my PS3.

Message 92 of 553 (888 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 26, 2013

younginflavor18 wrote:

#2 is just an excuse to continue lining the pockets of the already rich by paying for the same thing individually?

Iagrue, I have no problem with lending out physical copies of the game to a friend, but a person who has a digital game that is downloaded from another's account will always going to be considered stealing anyway because they didn't pay for it. I agree with the OP, it's cheating Activision of their money if you decide to share a digital copy of the game to a friend. There's no such thing as lending out digital copies of a game to friends because they'll play it many times as they want once they activate another person's account on their PS3.

The 5 activation rule was intended only if you own another 4 PS3 consoles, not to share with friends. I see their reasons changing it from 5 to 2 back in November 18th, 2011 before I got my PS3.

Say, hypothetically, gamesharing is stealing. So what? Have you ever read Robin Hood? Do you think that he shouldn't have stolen for the poor? I'm not saying that's the same as gamesharing, but saying that gamesharing is wrong solely because it's "stealing" - without offering any explanation - is a weak arguement.

Also, gamesharing doesn't compromise personal information. For example, the only thing you'll be able to find using my account username and password is my first name and the fact that I speak English. I'm pretty sure PSN requires a credit card number and pin when you try to purchase something on a differnet PS3. Whether this is true or not, you could easily delete all of your information on your account before sharing it.

TLDR; Stop saying gamesharing is "stealing". If you insist on saying so, at least give some kind of reasoning as to why """""stealing""""" (even though it's NOT stealing at all) is wrong in this case. Also, gamesharing doesn't involve giving out personal information other than your email and PSN password.

By the way, I'm not encouraging gamesharing. Also, I may or may not know someone who may or may not have hypothetically gameshared multiple times without any problems. Hypothetically.

Message 93 of 553 (877 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Wow... so you're one of the idiots that pay tons of money to Sony? I wondered who was barely keeping them in business. That's ok the PS4 will send them into Bankruptcy. Why should gamers have to pay so many **bleep** premiums for games? Remember about 10 years ago when Movie Gallery and Blockbuster still existed and you rented a game for a week at a time. Or you bought a game and exchanged it with several friends and them with you? Those were the prime of video games. No this BS we put up with now, doing nothing but making the company rich.... It's a sad time. PC GAMING is the new way to go.

Message 94 of 553 (869 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 27, 2013

"You have cheated Activision out of 60 bucks"  "Work hard to make such fantastic games" Are you kidding me? Must be nice to just throw money around to the corporates. Hell with that, split that 5 ways like in the old days. We all pay $12, and get to play a glitchy game that takes months of updates to barely be playable. What a joke! A game's not worth $60! A movie costs just as much or more than a game to make and they don't charge you $60 to own it, do they? It's $20-30. So why aren't games the same way? And why is every person forced to pay retail for something. You suck, and are part of the reason why console gaming is as **bleep** as it is now. PC GAMING is the original, and best way to game. LEARN THAT. None of this **bleep** to deal with.

Message 95 of 553 (868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 27, 2013

"You have cheated Activision out of 60 bucks"  "Work hard to make such fantastic games" Are you kidding me? Must be nice to just throw money around to the corporates. Hell with that, split that 5 ways like in the old days. We all pay $12, and get to play a glitchy game that takes months of updates to barely be playable. What a joke! A game's not worth $60! A movie costs just as much or more than a game to make and they don't charge you $60 to own it, do they? It's $20-30. So why aren't games the same way? And why is every person forced to pay retail for something. You suck, and are part of the reason why console gaming is as **bleep** as it is now. PC GAMING is the original, and best way to game. LEARN THAT. None of this **bleep** to deal with.

Message 96 of 553 (868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Y u taking it up the **bleep** about game sharing some people do it to save money
Message 97 of 553 (837 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 1, 2013
I am proud to be a Plus member and am proud of all the movies and games that I have bought over the years through the PSN. I've worked a lot of overtime to be able to buy that stuff. - **bleep** RIGHT
I Am The Gothic God of Rap
Message 98 of 553 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 1, 2013
Otherwise known as the Blue Screen of Death
I Am The Gothic God of Rap
Message 99 of 553 (810 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Thank you so much for this a guy was just about to talk me into and I thought it was LEGAL you have probably saved me lots of pain
Message 100 of 553 (794 Views)
0 Likes