Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
5312 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

Jul 25, 2012

jb_x105strike wrote:
Even if it's a family member giving them the ability to download a game they have not paid for it still stealing from the people who made the game. Allowing a family member to play the games installed on your systems is not game sharing. It's just plain sharing. However, if your brother wants the game you have installed on your PS3 on his PS3 and he doesn't live in the same house with you then he should buy it on his own. If he lives in the same house then he could just play the game on your system. When you aren't playing it of course.

Besides, family members can stab you in the back just as easily as a complete stranger you believed to be your friend. Hell, sometimes they can do it even easier. For example, **bleep** off your 10 yr old little brother and he might just decide to get on COD MW3 and give away your account info just to get back at you.

I have no problems gamesharing with family members, we don't "stab" eachother in the back.

Let me ask you this, if somebody wants to borrow a cd record of mine, should i say "NO, F OFF!, Go buy it yourself" or "sure, just don't lose it" does that count as something that should be illegal? What about lending a game to somebody, is that "cheating" the dev?

I don't see the problem with gamesharing with people you're close with, but with random strangers...you're just asking for trouble.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 367 (6,955 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 25, 2012

damm i think am late. my problem is this. I shared my account to five people and i restored my ps3, so now i cant download the maps and game i purchased. somebody suggested to send an email to sonic and tell them to deactivate those email, my question is if is true?. need help asap please drop an email Yocadis4@gmail.com 

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 367 (6,953 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4544 posts

Jul 25, 2012

Blaky_bonao wrote:

damm i think am late. my problem is this. I shared my account to five people and i restored my ps3, so now i cant download the maps and game i purchased. somebody suggested to send an email to sonic and tell them to deactivate those email, my question is if is true?. need help asap please drop an email Yocadis4@gmail.com 

Why would a burger place get involved? :smileytongue:  You can deactivate all systems here:
http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/home

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 367 (6,948 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 28, 2012

There is one critical problem with your logic. You forget that lending something to someone eventually means you will get it back and they will lose it. That cd you let a friend borrow will eventually have to come back to you unless you decide to give it to him at which point you are simply changing ownership. This is the critical miss in your logic. You cannot "lend" games to other PSN users. Once you give them the ability to download games you have purchased then the games are theirs and they don't have to return them and can play them as often as they want. When you download the game it is installed onto the HDD and anyone with access to the system can install it and play it. Also, tons of games don't require you to be signed into the account that purchased them in order to play them. For instance, I purchased Resident Evil 4 from the PS Store and installed it. I can log out of my PSN account and still play the game without being asked to sign in.

No, lending is not cheating the dev. Actually, in a way it helps because while the person has the game they may decide that they want to always be able to play it leading them to decide to purchase the game. The same is true of a music cd. I could loan the CD to someone and they may be inspired to buy it. I could also loan my disc copy of Starhawk to a friend but I would eventually ask for the game back so I could continue playing it and he would be able to decide if the game was enjoyable enough for him to purchase it.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 367 (6,935 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 28, 2012

It sounds like you hit the max on game activations. You have 5 game activations for content purchased on or before Nov 17, 2011 and 2 game activations for content purchased on or after Nov 18, 2011. The activated devices can be a mixture of PS3 or portable devices like PSP/PS Vita. You can deactivate for game content on your account by going to account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and signing into your account. You then go to Account at the top and then Media and Devices on the left. You will see four squares for Games, Music, Video, and Comics. Click on the game square and then click on the deactivate all button. You can deactivate for game content over the website once every six months. If you are locked out due to deactivating recently then you can see if Playstation can deactivate over the phone by calling 1-800-345-7669

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 367 (6,933 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 28, 2012

Lmao, I just figured it was an email provider I hadn't heard of.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 367 (6,925 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1455 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 31, 2012

Yeah, it's not wise to give out that kind of information to anyone. I don't think I can add any new reasons to not gameshare, but that doesn't mean I can't add something else of value to this topic.

I remember someone wanting to gameshare with me on ModNation Racers. Said person was incredibly persistent no matter how many times I said no, he/she kept trying to get my account information even tried demanding it. I got tired of saying "no" and warned him/her that I was about to report him/her if he/she kept it up, then he/she asked if I'd really do that. I told him/her that I would if he/she kept it up. He/she started to back off. I can't remember the person's user name, but that's not the point. The moral is to never be afraid to warn someone who keeps trying to get your account information about reporting them for it and don't be afraid to follow up on your warning if he/she keeps it up.

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step. - Sonic CD Japanese front cover
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 367 (6,902 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2712 posts

Jul 31, 2012

I love it when random people beg to game share and promise not to steal any personal information. What a joke.

You have might as well hand out your SSN if you think game sharing with people you'll more than likely never see in real life is okay.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 367 (6,892 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Aug 4, 2012

If someone is asking for your account information that is reason enough to report them to SCEA. The online communities for so many of these games would be a lot better if people would speak up and take five minutes of their day to fill out a complaint form which is conveniently located at np.us.playstation.com. For example, profanity and racial insults. People have accepted these as normal and acceptable when playing online but it's anything but normal or acceptable. Oh, and threats of violence or death threats. Those get reported as well by me but they also get a special call to the authorities. I knew a friend who had a ten year old daughter who played Call of Duty. I know, bad form on the part of the parent letting her anywhere near that game but she was playing one day and this guy got so **bleep** she was kicking his **bleep** that he started screaming at her and swearing he was going to find her and gut her like a fish. She broke down crying and oh my god her father freaking SNAPPED. He went to the police and they took a SPECIAL interest in this 40 year old **bleep**. Even thought he was across the US in New York they went through the proper channels, got evidence from SCEA, and not only was his account banned and his PS3 banned from ever accessing the PSN on any account but he was sentenced to several years in one of the worst prisons in New York.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 367 (6,871 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Aug 18, 2012
Hey i dont gameshare but the people who own two acc or changing may do it. If its like that i you should understand why becouse they dont whanna pay for it twice.you know what i mean :smileyhappy:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your statement is Invalid.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 367 (6,811 Views)
0 Likes