MVP Support
8669 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

To the OP and his 3  reasons on why you shouldn't share your personal account info and downloaded games to some strangers online, I have to commend him for that. I remember a former friend  asked me if I wanna game share with him. I politely refused and he decided to delete me, and as a response I put him under my block list permanently for good.

To the people who have been asked by friends on their list to game share or used to game share, you are better off deleting and adding them on block list because they're not worth being friends with because they will take advantage of you and your genuine friendship. 

A real PSN friend doesn't ask other friends to game share, a real PSN friend spends their quality time with their buddlies on their friends list. Friendship on PSN means more than game sharing.

One last thing, I have no problem with it as long as you own 2 consoles that you have bought legally and solely to activate your account for your own use only and not for others.

Message 71 of 553 (4,089 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Well, I agree that game sharing is stealing. However, I face this kind of issue when considering about purchasing a game from PS Store. I live in the same house with my other siblings. We all love PS3 and have managed through long term money savings to purchase each of us their own system. However, it's really frustrating that we can't share (in the sense of lending it to each other) the same game more than 2 times, 'cause we're 3 siblings with 3 different PS3s. Each of us has their space and we use our PS3 every day according to our daily routine. I can't afford paying the same game over PS Store twice so that I can be within Sony's terms, so I end up buying disc-only games. And very often PS Store has some great deals or discounts in comparison to retail ones.

Anyway, moving on. What about having played Singleplayer of a game (e.g. Battlefield 3), when he lent me his copy, and I just wanna enjoy the Online Multiplayer with my brother playing together? I don't wanna end up buying it twice having already experienced Singleplayer; maybe I wasn't interested in SP that much or I have already played it once. I'm talking about lending it to each other. You can't expect me to enjoy a game when I intrude my brother's room just for my mere pleasure, nor I can borrow his system, 'cause it's for his own use. I just wish there could be a solution for the people to actually be able to borrow a digital copy and then give it back to its original owner. I also wish they could sell the Online Multiplayer part of a game seperately, just like Killzone 3, for similar reasons. I'm talking about living in harmony with my siblings in the same house and not cheating a game company. The companies know how to be smart about forcing to buy online pass for a game, but they ain't showing the same amount of intelligence when we come to the point of just wanting to play 2 siblings together an Online game for a reasonable price, without paying for the SP portion twice.

Note that I'm the kinda person who bought 2 copies of Uncharted 3 equivalent to $140 on Day 1, just for the Multiplayer features. I felt robbed, but I said to myself the devs worked hard for and it probably worths it. In the end, I remember enjoying much more Uncharted 2's Singleplayer, so I kinda felt bad after all. But, we could have just paid $90-$100 for enjoying both of us the Singleplayer and 2 copies of  the Multiplayer portion for each of us. It's not that I don't have intention of awarding the developer's effort. You would have done the same thing for your little sibling with his/her own system in the same house--enjoy the SP with the same copy, but buy another one digitally just for the MP.

We live in difficult times that paying the same thing twice is really not affordable. We should put people first than money.

Message 72 of 553 (4,018 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 25, 2013
wait so your saying Game Sharing on psp like the option Game Share on the XMB is a violation...wth thats stupid so you cant game share on psp **bleep**! i feel to delete my psn account now off of my psp thats stupid really stupid when i game share on psp i dont give my account information out...besides what dummy in the world what even do that im still going to gameshare with other psp's(aka XMB option gameshare with the channels and stuff)
Message 73 of 553 (4,006 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5434 posts

Jan 25, 2013

BlahKill123 wrote:
wait so your saying Game Sharing on psp like the option Game Share on the XMB is a violation...wth thats stupid so you cant game share on psp **bleep**! i feel to delete my psn account now off of my psp thats stupid really stupid when i game share on psp i dont give my account information out...besides what dummy in the world what even do that im still going to gameshare with other psp's(aka XMB option gameshare with the channels and stuff)

That's something else.  The thread is about sharing account information, which is against the PSN TOS.

Message 74 of 553 (4,001 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 27, 2013
I back game devs because i believe games (the good ones) are works of art, that would make me an art collector. As an art collector it makes me mad thinking my favorite artist or group of artist may go bankrupt BC people don't want support their work. My family plays games too. They ask me whats a good multiplayer game, single player, etc. Then they go out and BUY THE GAME. Support your game devs for their hard work, and if a person can't afford the game, gaming should be the least of their priorities.
Message 75 of 553 (3,987 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jan 27, 2013

I agree to a point!

But

-If I bought a car & gave it to my brother, Does that mean He should pay full retail price to use it? "I THINK NOT!"

-TMNT RESHELLED GAME, Is no longer available as Ubisoft lost the licence, So If I delete it from my PS3 I can't download it again (Even though I paid for It)

-So if I loan a game to a friend He/She can't play it unless they pay full retail price?

Personaly if I pay to own something, No One has the rite to tell me how to use it or what I can or can't do with it!

Message 76 of 553 (3,982 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Only "game shared" to get the online pass for PSASBR when my friend brought it over lol
Message 77 of 553 (3,977 Views)
Sackboy
435 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

this is all bs. sony says you can gameshare on 2 consoles only. used to be 5, now 2. you guys are telling people NO period and thats not true. your allowed to put your games on both if you wish. they told me when i called as long as your other system is not logged in on your ID while your other ps3 is logged into same  ID, then your fine.

So use your other ID on the other ps3 and your fine. if you give your info out, then thats on you, but sony themselves says its fine between two consoles. its your job to activate them both and manage them. my password is protected and doesnt log on automatically on 2nd console as a precaution.

if sony said its illegal period, it would be ONE console only from day 1. you just have to do it properly and your fine. call sony and ask them yourselves. every purchase states download up to 2 CONSOLES per psn purchase.

Equality for all
Message 78 of 553 (3,975 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 29, 2013

Very inspiring words.....I agree!!! Game share is stupid.....Im not gonna purchase something and let somebody have it for free....not gonna happen.!!

Message 79 of 553 (3,953 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 30, 2013
That's why I hate digital media! What ever happened to the good ol' days when people used to trade their game cartridges, now if you even think of sharing your things, you'll get penalized... Aside from that, you're stuck with your purchase forever.

This shouldn't be a problem, anyhow. Sony, or which ever platform, should still have a 24hr rule on sharing, which, last I checked, they do and makes perfect sense because you shouldn't be using one license on two machines "at the same time". That's what you should be promoting!

Remember, sharing has been happening since the beginning of time.
Message 80 of 553 (4,083 Views)
0 Likes