Feb 3, 2013
sounds really bad. and good in a way. but seriously not worth doing :/
Message 81 of 379 (873 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5731 posts

Re: Why You Should NOT Game Share

Feb 3, 2013
Law passed in Germany (and I think the rest of EU) that people own digital content and as such have the right to re-sell it.

Valve is currently getting sued in Germany because they still refuse to let people re-sell content over steam. Eventually it'll go to all major digital distributors.

In that case just sell the game to a friend for free (or of they require a value use .01$)

Completely legal.
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 82 of 379 (870 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4468 posts

Feb 3, 2013
This isn't Germany though.

YB

Message 83 of 379 (861 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49158 posts

Feb 4, 2013

The short version.

Gamesharing is the same as stealing.  Doing it is morally wrong.  You shouldn't do it.

Message 84 of 379 (847 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4417 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Not only that, but it can get you banned as well.  In light of the recent increase in requests to get accounts unbanned, here in the Forum, I suggest anyone thinking of doing it, not to.

Please do not endanger yourselves.  Let's be smart friends.  We can all have fun, if we follow the rules and play nicely with each other.

Moble

Message 85 of 379 (845 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2013

Personally I Think If Someone's Stupid Enough To Give Out There Personal Information There Stupid Enough To Get Hacked It's As Simple As That!:smileyhappy:.

SoHorkneeAmiel.png

Message 86 of 379 (839 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4417 posts

Feb 4, 2013

MeSoHorkneeAmie_ wrote:

Personally I Think If Someone's Stupid Enough To Give Out There Personal Information There Stupid Enough To Get Hacked It's As Simple As That!:smileyhappy:.

Well that is a little harsh.  Some people just make mistakes.  They just have to be more careful is all.

Moble

Message 87 of 379 (837 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7190 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

Not to mention that person have wasted all their money on their PSN account if they decide to game share with untrustworthy friends on their list and strangers they've met through an online match on a game.

People who game share with account theives are their puppets. And when they've served their purpose, account thieves are ready to cut their ropes by stealing and locking them out of their accounts and there is nothing the person can do to reclaim their account.

Game sharing isn't worth the hassle and trouble to have your account suspended and/or possibly permanently banned.

It's best to use your judgment and not endanger yourselves to having your account stolen by that said person who is seemingly trustworthy in which the person is not.

Message 88 of 379 (763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

I think you brought forth alot of great points in writing this... especially for some users who are unaware of how to protect themselves from identity theft...

Though I do want to point out, I think reason #2 is absolute bogus, that you would say game sharing is stealing from "x" company. Sorry but for the 30 years before PSN And XBL I was allowed to share and lend my physical games to anybody I pleased, I still can. If you only get 3 activation on a game, you should be able to give those 3 to anybody you please. I'm sorry but that's not stealing, digital or disc the content was already paid for, and therefore Activision got their money already.

I would never game share because it involves giving out my ID, but right now I wish I could send my buddy some game I paid for and won't play again, I mean I own them right? Digital or not, why can't I lend my friend the game that I paid for?

#2 is just an excuse to continue lining the pockets of the already rich by paying for the same thing individually.

Message 89 of 379 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

I Too Personally Think That If Someone Is Stupid Enough To Give Out There Personal Information That They Are Stupid Enough To Get Hacked It's As Simple As That!:smileyhappy:.

Message 90 of 379 (795 Views)
0 Likes