Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Why you went ps3 over Xbox

Feb 22, 2013
I actually own both, but much prefer the PS3. I like Sony's exclusives much better. 360 just doesn't have the exclusives, not unless you like Halo, Gears of War, Fable and Forza. I mean that's basically it.

360 has seriously been lacking on games lately. It's just another boring Halo (4) and soon to be (next month, I think) Gears game. This is why I probably won't get the next xbox. They're gonna have to show me something new.
Message 11 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2767 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Biggest reason I got a PS3 was for MGS4, but the other reason's why I didn't get a 360, because I didn't want to pay $60 for online use when I am paying for the internet on top of it. I'd rather buy an actual game. The whole hardware issues the 360 was dealing with, I know  of a few people who went through 4 360's, I didn't want to deal with that. Nothing on the 360 stood out to me, I didn't care for the online features like cross game chat, game's like halo I was never a fan of nor did I care for gears. Mass effect and alan wake were the only games that did catch my interest but mass effect came out on the ps3 and I didn't want to buy a console for just alan wake. 

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 12 of 18 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9900 posts

Feb 22, 2013
Microsoft gas not had a controller based Fable game since 2010. I also don't see another one coming since Lionheads Founder quit due to creative differences with Microsoft.

And if FORTnITE becomes Epics new baby, you could very well see Gears go as well. Especially with no Cliffy B.
Message 13 of 18 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1425 posts

Feb 22, 2013

I took a considerable console and video game break mid ps2 lifespan. Upon my return my brother talked me into getting an xbox 360. I played quite a few games on it until a few years ago my account got hacked through a Fifa 12 loophole. 300 US dollars taken out of my bank account. I got it back plus some. I got a year of xbox live gold....yay. I promptly went and got a ps3. Funny thing is Sony got hacked too and it was all over the place.  The 360 Fifa hack is still rampant and virtually swept under the rug. MS and EA have profited over 40 million US dollars off of it. I hate MS now. I don't care if I got my money back and then some. You would think a red flag would go off when my account is logged in in the US and then all of a sudden I'm logged in in Russia. Lock the damned purchase option if something like that happens! I hate MS now. : /

Message 14 of 18 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I moved to the ps3 from the 360 after going through two RRoD's on two separate game systems in three years. I had meant to purchase the ps3 after being impressed with Sonys game library fo the ps2, but Microsoft released their next-gen console so far ahead of Sony.

The graphics looked great and the games were fun so I decided to go with the 360. Two Xboxes later, I learned my lesson. Best decision ive made in years as far as gaming goes.
Message 15 of 18 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 22, 2013

this is a very good question as before i owned many systems and loved the xbox 1 original as it was far superior in power CPU/GPU compared to the ps2 and owned many more titles for it than the ps2 but when the ps3 and 360 came out and was out for awhile i decided to go with the PS3 after seeing my brothers and playing on it and was hearing the horror stories about the 360 so that was when i got the ps3...i have owned a few 360's but never new or even played them very much,just bought dead units to repair and resell...lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 16 of 18 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I never own an Xbox console, neither I have 360. I think it's the games that deciding me to buy a PS3 as my console. It's MGS4 as my main reason to have it in the early year. The only 360 games that might interest me is their exclusive games Gears of Wars & Tales of Vesperia.
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 17 of 18 (45 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 22, 2013
I gotta agree that Xbox simply doesn't have the exclusives. Over 95% of their non-kinect library is cross platform with the ps3. This is a part of why I don't get why Xbox players will scream about how their system is better than the ps3 when neither the hardware nor the software can back them up
My PSN
Message 18 of 18 (35 Views)
0 Likes