Jul 14 2013
By: woodjiger First Son 10 posts

Why your not getting the new PS4

38 replies 663 views Edited Jul 14, 2013

Please don’t get me wrong I love my play station just as much as the next gamer. Life was good I had a play station 2 in every room and a but load of game’s that was Intel play station 3 came out and it to wouldn’t support PS1 or PS2 game’s so I dropped out of the Advisory panel and the forum’s because if PS3

wasn’t going to support the other two I wasn’t going to support it.

Now its been 5or 6 years later and I see company rep on national TV say that the Sony play station 4 ( WILL PLAY THE OLDER GAME’S) So I came back to the forum only to fine out that PS4 well not play any of the game’s the company rep said it would wish I had a dime for every time a company rep lied on TV .

But what I don’t under stand why some one hasn’t sided anything about PS4 they add a new graphics card and a new reader and some bells and whishes and your all over it I can under stand the younger gamers’ but none of the older gamers’ has said one word ? Has things gotten so bad that we have to stall for scraps off the master’s table.

X BOX is a knock off of play station and WII is ok for the kiddy’s I just what my play station back you can keep your bells and whistle’s for the younger gamers’ but us older gamers’ live for the game.

Message 1 of 39 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Why your not getting the new PS4

Jul 14, 2013

Uhhhh...ok? I don't really see where this is going...

Message 2 of 39 (660 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jul 14, 2013
I'm confused, however the guy didn't lie to you. You will be able to play a good amount of PS1 games, PS2 games, and PS3 games, all off of PSN, but this will be in 2014, not when the console is first released.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 3 of 39 (656 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 14, 2013

The PS3 WAS too backward compatible. Sure, PS2 backward compatibility was removed on later models, but ALL PS3 models are in fact backward compatible with PS1. The original phat models with 4 USB ports were backward compatible with PS2. 

And yes the PS4 will play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games, through a cloud based streaming feature called Gaikai. This will start to roll out in 2014. And yes this is technically backward compatibility.

I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over this, really. It's not that big of a deal. You don't buy a new console for OLD games, you buy a new console for NEW games, ultimately. I have a PS2 backward compatible model, and guess what, I haven't played a single PS2 game in YEARS. I just don't care about old games anymore. I moved on. And I'm moving on now. I have no inclination to play any of my PS3 games even now, not with the PS4 coming out soon. I might replay Skyrim a bit later but that's about it.

If you want to play your OLD games so badly, keep your old consoles. Simple as that.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 4 of 39 (640 Views)
MVP Support
10864 posts

Jul 14, 2013

So basically, I think this is another thread complaining that the new console isn't backward compatible with older consoles, and wondering why none of the 'older' gamers are complaining about it.

If I got this straight, then you are wrong about nobody complaining about it.  There are literally dozens of threads with people crying about the PS4's lack of Backward Compatibility.

The fact of the matter is that you would not see a backward compatible PS4 for $400.  It would likely be closer to $700-750, because it would need to have a PS3 built into it.  The processor in the PS4 is simply not powerful enough to emulate the PS3's Cell processor.

The workaround to the lack of backward compatibility is to simply keep your PS3.  It will continue to be supported for many years to come.

The reason many 'older' gamers are not complaining about it, is because we are planning to do just that.

Message 5 of 39 (634 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jul 14, 2013

I cant keep  old consoles. Simple as that after 2014 Gamestop and the other store's will no long sale PS2 so  now as you all say I got somthing else to cry about ?

Message 6 of 39 (612 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
845 posts

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

I cant keep  old consoles. Simple as that after 2014 Gamestop and the other store's will no long sale PS2 so  now as you all say I got somthing else to cry about ?

Huh?
Message 7 of 39 (584 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10864 posts

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

Can't?  Or won't?  There is a difference.

Message 8 of 39 (578 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1479 posts

Jul 14, 2013

OP what are you talking about? I don't believe any "national" spokesman has, or had, ever said anything about the PS4 being BC.  If you don't to get a PS4 because it's not, thats fine, keep your PS3 and play those games. With the PS4 people will be able to enjoy games from the PS1 period all the way till now with what Sony is planning to do. You WILL be able to play older games, but not with a disc, they will be downloaded to your hard drive.

Message 9 of 39 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11605 posts

Jul 14, 2013

woodjiger wrote:

why?  just because gamestop no longer sells ps2 games doent mean you have to get rid of the console..  keep it to play the games you got for it...  never mind about the games you can no longer get for it...

>

Message 10 of 39 (552 Views)