Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: Will PS4 be able to prevent Data corruption ?

Apr 4, 2013

anything that holds moveable data has a chance of corruption and this will apply to the ps4 and any other game system...wasn't ever a worry back in the cartridge days..:smileyvery-happy:

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 49 (86 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Yo, BelovID, did I twist your arm, and is it written in this thread that you have to post , no, I do not know you, and when I post I am not talking to you, I am convinced that BelovID and gR3Gh051 are forum bullies. I have both a PS3 and an xbox360 , the 360 has games freeze up twice as much as the PS3 yet it never gets a corrupted HDD nor does it have to restore the system file. On computers we can maintain our HDD with tools in the os, but if a program hangs you can always backout and fix it. Companies have been dealing with data corruption for years and have developed ways to avoid and prevent it , Sony did not give the PS3 all the necessary tools to deal with the issue, and for you to say that the cloud is all Sony can do, well lets just say your backwards way of thinking will lead you to your down fall. I know that once Sony take another good look at how data corruption happens on PS3 , they will do the right thing on PS3 and PS4, Sony has the ability because they are creative thinking problem solvers and I created this thread to catch there attention .
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 49 (83 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14253 posts

Apr 4, 2013

cb765 wrote:
Yo, BelovID, did I twist your arm, and is it written in this thread that you have to post , no, I do not know you, and when I post I am not talking to you, I am convinced that BelovID and gR3Gh051 are forum bullies. I have both a PS3 and an xbox360 , the 360 has games freeze up twice as much as the PS3 yet it never gets a corrupted HDD nor does it have to restore the system file. On computers we can maintain our HDD with tools in the os, but if a program hangs you can always backout and fix it. Companies have been dealing with data corruption for years and have developed ways to avoid and prevent it , Sony did not give the PS3 all the necessary tools to deal with the issue, and for you to say that the cloud is all Sony can do, well lets just say your backwards way of thinking will lead you to your down fall. I know that once Sony take another good look at how data corruption happens on PS3 , they will do the right thing on PS3 and PS4, Sony has the ability because they are creative thinking problem solvers and I created this thread to catch there attention .

And yet here you are, doing the exact same thing that you THINK I am doing....

Regardless of what you think about me, I do stand by the fact that this is a FORUM..... an open medium by which people can collectively communitcate. I am always playing the devil's advocate card to see what you justification in such a thing is, if you even paid any attention to my previous comments about the topic at hand. It sometimes comes across as being a "troll" or "bully". 
If you believe thats what I am doing, you have every right to report my posts as inflammatory and let the moderation team take care of it.

Without fully understanding the many ways data can become corrupted, it seems you think that data corruption lies wholly on the fault of Sony judging by your comparison to the X360. (Did you also know that the possible reason why the X360 doesnt succumb to data corruption easily is because of its proprietary hdd's and their programming? Especially when you consider that Sony has no input on the hdd's that are in the PS3's except the capacity of the drives and who gives them a better bid on supplying them with drives)

Sony doesn't pay as much attention as you lead yourself to believe so to have created a thread in order to do such is a waste of your energies. The better way to have gone about it would have been to directly contact an employee of Sony's gaming division by phone, email, written letter or all of them. A small number of them are active in this forum sometimes so you can send them a private message. Overall such activity on this forum is very sporatic for those individuals.
Im sure you could have gotten the names of those that are part of the PS4's development, from the Feb 20th conference and gotten their emails and sent them something since they'd have more influence.

If you wanted to make Sony aware of this "issue".... why not have actually stated such in your original thesis as its main subject, and not present a multi-faceted and open-ended question.

In some aspects, companies look to their fan/customer base for input, but when it comes to something like development of a console, like Sony has already stated, they looked primarily at developers shortly after the PS3's launch and progressively started its development

Like in Television, there are some aspects of entertainment that CAN'T be taken from the audience because the timeline for production/development is so far ahead, the audience's input is usually too late for anything to actually be done.
Take for instance, The Walking Dead (forget the fact of whether you actually watch it or not). 
The final episode for the season had just been completed, and the commentary coming from the fans is such that really doesn't give any input into leading where the show takes the viewer because the episode was filmed something like MONTHS before it ever aired.

So to say that we actually have input on the PS4's development process, is a rather moot issue. The most they do is continue to play-test the console and learn the issues from internal testing to try and develop a new update or put towards the PS4.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 49 (80 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14253 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

cb765 wrote:
 If Sony had controllers with rapid fire it would help reduce the amount of cheaters because it would level the playing field.

facepalm2

This is incredibly, dumbfoundingly backwards thinking....

What part of you makes you think that doing such "levels the playing field" ?

If someone was cheating.... they wouldn't have to bother with "legit" players with this ANYWAY because the cheats they'd be using would not matter.

I suppose you also want people to have unlimited ammo because rapid fire goes through it quickly.....

By the way.... these controllers already exist and are from a 3rd Party. You don't have to worry about letting Sony know about this.

People who use rapid fire/modded controllers are already known as "cheap cheaters"..... do you really want Sony to be labled as the company that supports cheaters and hackers? Or how about when legit gamers complain about a rapid fire controller that they have to throw away because they're not cheaters, and then get mad at Sony for forcing them to buy a non-rapidfire controller? 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 49 (78 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
17882 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

cb765 wrote:
I am not a less adaptive gamer, and I do not want them to make a hard game easier, " see, here we go with the personal shots at me", I am talking about gamer arm, I am talking about the way we have to mash the fire button when playing dead nation, because the smg runs out of bullets. capcom did it right in the new arcade cabinet, they gave us the ability to customize the buttons and select rapidfire on all of the games, it makes them fun and more ergonomic, better for my arms. The gaming experience has been diluted by companies that do not know how to apply trophies to there game or how to add replay value, rapidfire does not water down or dilute, it adds fun and replay value plus it reduces stress. You are approaching this topic with a narrow mind, I play call of duty daily , the people cheating are not using rapidfire, they exploit the mini map, the tac insert, they use lag switch, aim bot, they exploit the games ability to respawn the other team safely and they spawn trap. If Sony had controllers with rapid fire it would help reduce the amount of cheaters because it would level the playing field.

Taking shots at you? Don't be feeling special now. My post, the one you answered to, is meant for everybody who in anyway want to water down video games.

This is software based not hardware based. If in materializing his vision the game director includes a rapid fire/turbo mode option then, I would be fine with that for it is part of the game's experience. My problem is with a hardware base rapid fire or alike button.

The rest of your post is just blah blah.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 49 (71 Views)
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Apr 5, 2013
gR3yGh051, I call people how they treat me and you have expressed your self like a troll several times not just in this thread but also in the others I started. This is the first post I read of yours with good info in it, you could have left out all the negativity then I would not have a problem with you or your friends. I do not mind people challenging me or my position but do it with some respect and constructive feedback. I am new to these forums, and I am not a computer wiz, I do not know how to contact those other people you listed, and if you read this thread in its entirety you would have known I am posting to get Sony's attention because I mention it several times in this thread. Without fully understanding all the methods used to prevent and avoid game data corruption , you seem to think that data corruption on PS3 lies wholly on the fault of the user, did you know that it would be just as easy for Sony to use the method the 360 uses, microsoft does not make hard drives either, maybe it is time Sony changed the way they choose hard drives and have an expert give more input. Plus , I do call Sony and it was them that told me, " Sony department heads pay attention to the forums so that is the best way to share ideas and complaints with them", so I started posting on this forum hoping they are . For you to suggest that Sony won't or can not do anything, or that they do not pay attention to there fan base, this your arrogance speaking and this is the tink in your armor. Sony holds more patents in the field of entertainment technology than any other company in America, and hold more patents in the video game industry than any other American company, and you would let your self think they achieved this by not listening.
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 49 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14253 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Geez dude.... can you learn how to properly format things? Like using line breaks?

Im not going to read your wall of text.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 49 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Apr 5, 2013
gR3yGh051, for someone who is a member of this forum you obviously do not have the patience or self control the job requires, I have said that I am new to this forum, I do not know how to do all of the things you do. I do know I do not like your attitude toward me, I never got the welcome you and your fellow members give other people. You just post without reading or even looking over the entire thread and say negative things about me that are off topic and then after that your next post will be an attempt to be on topic. You need to practice what you preach and open your mind .I am willing to learn all the ways to post pictures and underline what somebody else said. Just because you disagree with me, does not make you right, nor does it mean you have to argue with me. The topic of this thread is data corruption, in my case it was caused by a psn game that turned out to be a bad download file and then caused me to have to wipe my hard drive and start over fresh and re-download everything. I want Sony too take a look at this issue and do more to prevent it from happening to gamers using PS3 and PS4 so that the chances of this type of problem are greatly reduced and avoided.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 49 (47 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14253 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Its called pressing the Return/Enter key. 

located....

enterkey

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 49 (41 Views)
0 Likes