Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
18639 posts

Re: Will PS4 be able to prevent Data corruption ?

Mar 31, 2013

cb765 wrote:
Ok ,we can not backup or re-download movies purchased from psn, I will not be buying any more movies from the store until this changes. I know there are things that Sony can do to help gamers avoid data corruption on PS3, but on PS4 it should be more important because of all the share features, now I do not plan on using those features and I would rather pay for backwards compatible , but just think for a second all the time wasted making files to share and then backing them all up, you won't have time for anything else. If you guys think that those share features are not going to raise the price of the PS4 you are dreaming, and look at all the new stuff on the controller, it will be expensive to replace and it does not do what gamers have been asking for"programmable buttons for rapid fire" to make button masher games less painful, we have been asking for this since psone. Sony has said " the PS4 is a console for developers by developers" I hope they did not forget a very important fact " it will be purchased and owned by a gamer" and ultimately Sony's success relies on gamers being happy with there PS4 and the games, and how well they help us protect our purchases and all other content stored on the console. I want to thank everyone for posting in this thread. This subject is very important to me and I hope Sony is listening, Thankyou.

Programmable buttons for rapid fire. Really? The day I see such feature on an official console controller... what a sad day.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 49 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Lol. I thought that was funny. I bought a Sega Genesis controller back in the day that had rapid fire options for all of the buttons. I don't know whether it was official though. It was fun to fool around with it. But to have them on an official ps4 controller is just silly. If you want a rapid fire controller I believe there are websites that sell them if you really need one.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 49 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Apr 1, 2013
A lot of gamers would agree that a Sony controller with programmable buttons for rapid fire holds more value than a controller with a touch pad and share button. A programmable controller would be more use full and handy plus it would cost a lot less to replace. I want to pay for a PS4 that improves my gaming experience while being user friendly and take the stress out of button masher games. I do not need a next gen console to help me improve my social networking skills, I already have a laptop and desktop computer for these features.
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 49 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

Games that require button mashing are that way for a reason and the people making those games would not like it if you were able to avoid the mashing. Not to mention it would ruin competitive multiplayer games from kids wanting to cheat with semi-auto weapons. While I agree that the social aspect isnt really needed, the number of people that would use rapid fire for legitimate reasons is very short. Trust me, it's not gonna happen.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 49 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18639 posts

Apr 1, 2013

cb765 wrote:
A lot of gamers would agree that a Sony controller with programmable buttons for rapid fire holds more value than a controller with a touch pad and share button. A programmable controller would be more use full and handy plus it would cost a lot less to replace. I want to pay for a PS4 that improves my gaming experience while being user friendly and take the stress out of button masher games. I do not need a next gen console to help me improve my social networking skills, I already have a laptop and desktop computer for these features.

Video games have been watered down too much. We already have enough with companies making video games easier and/or going out of their way to patch their game(s) so the less adaptive gamers can finish it.  Rapid fire would further dilute the video game experience, specially online gameplay. Call me old school, but video games are meant to be an interactive experience that requires/calls for certain skills, skills that will be polished/evolved through the experience gained from playing the video game.

Earn it or go home.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 49 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Apr 1, 2013
I am not a less adaptive gamer, and I do not want them to make a hard game easier, " see, here we go with the personal shots at me", I am talking about gamer arm, I am talking about the way we have to mash the fire button when playing dead nation, because the smg runs out of bullets. capcom did it right in the new arcade cabinet, they gave us the ability to customize the buttons and select rapidfire on all of the games, it makes them fun and more ergonomic, better for my arms. The gaming experience has been diluted by companies that do not know how to apply trophies to there game or how to add replay value, rapidfire does not water down or dilute, it adds fun and replay value plus it reduces stress. You are approaching this topic with a narrow mind, I play call of duty daily , the people cheating are not using rapidfire, they exploit the mini map, the tac insert, they use lag switch, aim bot, they exploit the games ability to respawn the other team safely and they spawn trap. If Sony had controllers with rapid fire it would help reduce the amount of cheaters because it would level the playing field.
[URL="http://psnprofiles.com/cb765"][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png[/IMG][/URL]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/cb765.png
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 49 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
427 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Forgive me, but you sound like those people that are always accusing me of hacking, glitching, etc. whenever I beat up on them. I've committed A LOT of hours to CoD, more than I care to admit, and I assure you, hackers are an extremely small percentage of the players. I assume you know I am only talking about games after MW2. Since Black Ops 1 came out I have only run into 1 lag-switcher which was in that game. That's with 100s of hours of gameplay. If you die right after it lags, don't automatically assume it's a lag switch. If someone starts shooting you before you come around a corner, don't assume he's got a hacked radar. Sometimes you just get outplayed. I apologize if you aren't one of those people. It's just that CoD is full of those people that can't accept that there are better players.

If everyone had a rapid fire controller in CoD the game would be overrun with FALs and it would be ruined even more than it already is. Like I said before the game is meant to have semi-auto weapons.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 49 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Apr 3, 2013
I have been playing call of duty games long enough to know when I have been out played, and how to identify a cheater, I talk to activision on a regular basis, I report cheaters directly to them , they gave me pointers on how to spot them, and when I suspect foul play I put my headset on and I give fair warning, most of the time the cheating stops, but when it does not they get reported. And just to keep the facts straight, the number of cheaters on psn playing call of duty has gotten worse since cod 4, and now it is at the point where the multiplayer is dominated by cheaters, that is why there are teams of developers who catch and investigate cheaters. I am getting off topic here, this thread is about data corruption. Sony has taken away the option to copy or backup save data, so now the only way to do this is with a plus subscription, basically Sony is using data corruption as a way to increase plus subscribers, and I say this is wrong. It can cost a lot of money to get a corrupted PS3 fixed and now on top of that cost we will have to renew plus inorder to restore our game save data and don't forget about the 24 hour waiting period. What a bunch of BS, why does Sony keep making the mistake of taking away features, this time they want us to pay for a feature that use to be free right out of the box, I am still trying to get the knife out of my back. The PS3 and PS4 need to be equipped with the proper tools and software to be able to deal with a bad file, a bad game , and a bad download before it corrupts the the hard drive. The PS3 and PS4 need to have a safe path to the dashboard out of a freezed game, so we do not risk corrupting the hard drive. In a time where developers want us to switch to digital games, they should care about our ability to protect our purchases. We should be able to back everything up to a flash drive or two, without paying for it, and the PS3 and PS4 should be able to find and run or use that backed up data without us having to move it back and forth between the hard drive and usb .
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 49 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

cb765 wrote: If Sony had controllers with rapid fire it would help reduce the amount of cheaters because it would level the playing field.

That statement is so incredibly naive, it's almost irritating. 

It ain't gonna happen. Ever. The idea that you think it should is the irritating part.

On topic...data corruption is data corruption. Doesn't matter if this incoming PS4 is using a HDD or if were to use a SSD.

Data (usually because of software conflicts with hardware, and/or component breakdowns---as it has always been with

any sort of computer). All SONY can do for the consumer is what they're already doing, which is offering to back up your data

to a cloud, or the user being SMART and doing it themselves. Often.

Random Images

S E I J I N S H I . A L L D A Y . E V E R Y D A Y
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 49 (109 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Apr 3, 2013
well i try to minimize the chances of that happening on my ps3 (and other electronics) by using an APC 1300 Pro backup

the other rest i let it to Sony's quality control and a little bit of luck

so you can guess ill do the same with my ps4
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 49 (124 Views)
0 Likes