Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 03 2013
By: U_GO_6FT_BeLOW First Son 1 posts

Will PSN PLUS have a family plan for multiple gaming accounts in one household?

10 replies 2976 views Edited Aug 3, 2013

Hello, I'll be switching over to PS4 this upcoming Jan. due to MS's bs with kinect/policies/principles and am looking forward to getting back to my former ps1/ps2 roots...my ? is...is there or does anybody know if there will be a family plan that discounts multiple accounts in same house (currently my step dad, son, brother and I can all get 4 xbox live accounts for a year for $100...$25 each is great deal)  Anybody know?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (2,976 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: Will PSN PLUS have a family plan for multiple gaming accounts in one household?

Aug 3, 2013
Only one person needs PS+; as long as you have plus, everyone else will have it too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (2,972 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28655 posts

Re: Will PSN PLUS have a family plan for multiple gaming accounts in one household?

Aug 3, 2013

U_GO_6FT_BeLOW wrote:

Hello, I'll be switching over to PS4 this upcoming Jan. due to MS's bs with kinect/policies/principles and am looking forward to getting back to my former ps1/ps2 roots...my ? is...is there or does anybody know if there will be a family plan that discounts multiple accounts in same house (currently my step dad, son, brother and I can all get 4 xbox live accounts for a year for $100...$25 each is great deal)  Anybody know?

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

One single PS Plus Subscription will allow other accounts to play online.

Here's a good link: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/11/one-playstation-plus-account-on-ps4-will-allow-other-...

BRIT-KO

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (2,971 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2068 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Welcome to the forums.

You only need one Plus account on a console for other accounts to play online. 

Feel free to read through this LINK.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (2,966 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7928 posts

Aug 3, 2013

U_GO_6FT_BeLOW wrote:

M$ actually discontinued that plan a couple of months ago, and they did it quietly.  The only way people know about it is the fact that people have tried to renew it, and the option was no longer there.

As others have noted, one PS+ account is all that is needed for everyone on the console to play online.  Also, when a PS+ member downloads the free games, others on that console can play those games without paying again.  Premium avatars and some DLC is account specific, however, to the PS+ account.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (2,959 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Aug 3, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

U_GO_6FT_BeLOW wrote:

M$ actually discontinued that plan a couple of months ago, and they did it quietly.  The only way people know about it is the fact that people have tried to renew it, and the option was no longer there.

As others have noted, one PS+ account is all that is needed for everyone on the console to play online.  Also, when a PS+ member downloads the free games, others on that console can play those games without paying again.  Premium avatars and some DLC is account specific, however, to the PS+ account.

Hell yeah they did. I tried renewing mine and the option was no where on account settings. I go to support and ask **bleep** is it at and their answer was it was discontinued. No announcement or anything... I think they did it cause it was getting abused.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (2,948 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3117 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Two questions; What about if you have multiple PS4's in the same house? We will have 3. Will we all be able to play online at the same time from the different consoles? And is this policy in effect now or the PS3 because we have multiple accounts and only the primary account is showing up as a PS+ account. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (2,947 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7928 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

Two questions; What about if you have multiple PS4's in the same house? We will have 3. Will we all be able to play online at the same time from the different consoles? And is this policy in effect now or the PS3 because we have multiple accounts and only the primary account is showing up as a PS+ account. Thanks!

The number of consoles you can activate an account on has not yet been announced.  The assumption is that it will remain at 2 consoles.  Which leads to another unanswered question:  Will the PS3 and PS4 be activated under the same category ("Console'), or will one be able to activate both 2 PS3s AND 2 PS4s.  I really hope that it is the latter, because I already have my account activated on 2 PS3s, which neither are going away when I get a PS4 (or two).

Under the current policy, for 3 PS4s you would need a second PS+ account for the third PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (2,936 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Aug 3, 2013

What about digital downloads? Will we still be able to share with family? D:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (2,893 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2068 posts

Aug 3, 2013
Anything you download on the PS4 with your account, should be accessible by other accounts on the PS4, just like the PS3.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (2,886 Views)
0 Likes