Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2510 posts

Re: Will VITA games always have that "meh" feeling? I'm afraid so...

Feb 21, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

CatatonicAlex wrote:
Which games are you talking about?

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (out this month)

Dead or Alive 5 + (March)

Soul Sacrifice (April)

Phantasy Star Online 2 (US date should be soon)

Tearaway (I'm expecting Summer release)

Killzone: Mercenary (Sept)

Toukiden (recently announced, TBA)

Dragon's Crown (TBA)

Warrior's Lair (TBA)

Guacamelee (TBA)

Those are just the ones I'm following. The first seven are Vita exclusives (though PSO2 has cross-platform play with the PC).

Ninja Gaiden, DoA5, PSO2, Dragon's Crown, Warrior's Lair, Guacamelee and Toukiden aren't exclusives. The first two are ports, PSO2 is on PC (and Sega refused to comment on whether the PSV will come to the West) and the other games you mentioned will come out for PS3 and PSP (Toukiden). Which trims the list of exclusives by a lot~.

Message 11 of 20 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Keep in mind that it took a long long time for the PSP to finally get titles like Peace Walker and Crisis Core just to name a few. There were a lot of good games, but the best ones come later on. They are the ones that take a lot longer to make.

Message 12 of 20 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Feb 22, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

As thrilling as those titles are, it's a pretty slim list for a whole year.

Not to  mention, even though you say they're "exclusives", you can get console versions as well for a few of those (Like Ninja Gaiden and DOA5)

I mean sure, they don't have whatever extras the Vita version has, but if you've already played it, then......yeah

Plus, you have to be a fan of the Monster Hunter genre style (Since  Soul Sacrifice and Toukiden have similar gameplay) so there necessarily isn't something for everyone.

Then you have the fact that certain games may not even be localized.

Well... I hardly have any interest in video games- but the ones I purchase tend to be First Party games... 

These six games will keep me more than satisfied for the whole year:

Soul Sacrifice.
Dragon's Crown.
Muramasa Rebirth. (exception)
Tearaway.
Killzone Mercenaries.
Guacamelee.

Two might not be ps vita exclusives but I would much rather play them on the vita than on the ps3. 

Message 13 of 20 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Try Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken on the Vita. It's really good. Urban Trials Freestyle is a lot of fun and they're cheap!

Message 14 of 20 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 22, 2013

VITA will be like that for most.. it's marketed as a "console" but it really isn't.. People tend to forget it's a portable game device (can't blame them)

Plus, millions and millions have been spoiled by Android/iOS cheap games.. There's seems to be a low of diminishing return in terms of value for games. i.e. Modern Combat 4 is 7 bucks (full traditional campaign and has 6v6 mp).. CoDBOD is 40..

People will be expecting so much more for games that don't cost $ 59.99.

Message 15 of 20 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

NOBLExROGUE wrote:

I didn't expect Sony to talk about the VITA that much today because I knew this was a PS4 conference but I have this feeling that even at E3 the games they will show will just be meh.  I felt like that with the PSP and its games and I fear that the same is happening to the VITA.  I'm not expecting console quality games but please give us something close to it.  The games always feel halfway done and like they really didn't care how it turned out.  Developers aren't looking for their game to get great scores on the VITA because they know hardly anyone owns one.  So why put forth the effort it takes to make a AAA title.  They can just spend half the money, use half the resources, and use half the time to make a B game and it will sell fine.  In turn they will get a decent profit this way and not have to worry about any sort of loss.  I feel like this will be the endless cycle for the VITA.

You know,I think,that the PS4 will take Center Stage this year at E3 and the Vita will be left out in the cold here.Now all the devs are or will be working on or releasing  games for it and not the Vita that they could've been developing games for during the last 2 years here. :smileysad:  That sucks too.    :smileymad:   Hell,the PS3 overshadowed the PSP back in 2006 and 2007 at E3 and such. :smileysad:

I think,2013 is going to be a year that the Vita will not shine for long in,just small flashes with KZM or a few others we are expecting to see come out.I haven't seen a long list of upcoming Vita titles this year or for after Christamas or New Years buying time with my Christmas money.

The Vita will just kind of be the forgotten little brother at E3 that looks and feels out of place there this year.This will be a very sad occurance when we see it happen there.Watch it come to pass.Sure,a couple games may be shown like KZM for flash effect but.............

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Message 16 of 20 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Feb 22, 2013

Uncharted: Golden Abyss? LittleBigPlanet Vita Those games both had me impressed with how much power the Vita has!

photo GTASig.jpg
Message 17 of 20 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Xayias wrote:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss? LittleBigPlanet Vita Those games both had me impressed with how much power the Vita has!

Yeah,that was then,man.This IS now.And also later this year too. :smileywink:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Message 18 of 20 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Xayias wrote:

Yeah,that was then,man.This IS now.And also later this year too. :smileywink:

The Vita's power is not the questionable issue here,that's a given for me and the rest of us here that own one.

The issues are, the lack of games,the lack of devs for it and it now being hyped as a PS4 controller. :rolleyes:

I bought my Vita to play TPA and other games, not PS1 titles and etc etc. LOL

Hell,it was said that the PS4 wasn't even going to be released until 2016/17/18 by Jack Tretton himself at E3 time last year,it isn't 2016 or so,is it?It is coming 3 to 5 years SOONER than they said.Sony seems very worried and desperate now to me.Is it their failure with the Vita that is causing this desperation?You tell me.Why release a system you said was not needed because the PS3 tech was the Pinnacle and the shining star of Sony for years to come.Now,BEFORE E3 a PS4 is suddenly needed.Uh,why??

Message 19 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Feb 23, 2013

I believe to shock people. Simple.

The last E3 and maybe even a few before that, the internet snooped and found all there stuff before E3. I am sure Sony want's to shock people.

I believe the PS4 isn't early ina announcment. The PS3 is in it's like 7th year? The Ps3 came out the same way for the PS2. Who knows though.

As far as the Vita is concerned, I am happy with the games I want  and I am pretty excited for Dead or Alive +5 coming out next month so I have no worries! :smileyvery-happy:

photo GTASig.jpg
Message 20 of 20 (78 Views)
0 Likes