Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Re: Will the PS4 revive the playstation brand?

Feb 27, 2013

xxsh4downit3xx wrote:

The playstation brand wasn't even dead in the first place.  Smiley Mad 

No one said it was dead, but if you think the PlayStation Brand is in the same shape as it was in the PS2 era, then you're day dreaming. The PS3 is a third place console you know and has been outsold in the US by wide margin by the Wii and the 360. http://www.vgchartz.com/

And even if the rumors of it passing the 360 overall are true, it's still didn't hold a candle to the PSone and PS2 that dominted every console released not counting handhelds. I guess that "blind fanboyism" comment that someone else mentioned reings true.

Message 31 of 45 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Feb 27, 2013
WithDreday you seem to have a issue with calling people fanboys.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 32 of 45 (217 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Feb 28, 2013

deaofly wrote:
WithDreday you seem to have a issue with calling people fanboys.

I'm only calling it as I see it. And I have no issue with it as I've been a PlayStation owner since I could remember. But when you ignore issues that hurt the platform and pretend they don't exist, that's when I take exception.

Message 33 of 45 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Feb 28, 2013
If you haven't noticed, playstation is turning more and more Xbox players, especially now that the ps4 has been announced. This alone states that the playstation brand never died, it did have a setback, but it never died. Nintendo lost players because of the lack of quality games, Xbox is losing players because of low quality service charged at high rates, frame drops in games with upscaling to 1080p, disconnections from games on Xbox live, lack of quality exclusives, and poor customer service in regards to Xbox live.

Playstation network got hacked once, and at least Playstation let people know about it. I know of at least 6 people that have successfully hacked into Xbox live and gotten access to players gamer scores, credit cards, addresses, and everything stored on the Xbox servers. Has Microsoft ever openly stated that there are major security holes in their network, no they haven't.
My PSN
Message 34 of 45 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Feb 28, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

SeverusDeath wrote:
Ummm, let first start by saying I own both xbox and PS3, and from what Ive read and seen in videos, PS3 is way easier to write for, and port from PC. Look im a 360 fan boy, but even I know that if it was not for the money/influence that MS has, PS3 would reign supreme.

If that was true, then why are many developers, even Sony's own developers say its difficult to develop without a lot of experience?

you own both consoles and trying him down?. you should be hugging the man for his opinion your inthe same boat, what wrong  did he  say.. ??

tumblr_megq2btCth1r1mpi1o1_500.jpg..

Hyprocrite

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 35 of 45 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7121 posts

Feb 28, 2013

WithDreday wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

WithDreday wrote:
Very funny GIFs, but apparently you guys haven't been paying much attention this gen. PS3 has been treated like the 2nd system all this gen, especially in the US. At my local retailers for instance, Xbox shelf space was plentiful with a library spanning back for years like it should. Meanwhile, most PS3 games that are not freshly released get dumped in the bargain bin, even at full price, just to make space. I'm hoping the PS4 brings us back to the PS2 era where the Playstation brand was #1 or at least not treated like **bleep** .

Is that really what you're concerned about?

Shelf space?

Heres one more for you..

I answered your question of what I was talking about in a lower post and I see you blatantly didn't address it. You are the definition of a delusional fanboy.

haha  the  funy part  is that is he is not even  a real fan of sony , he  just a forum troll who try to put others down with smart re marks .  sad but true.. let go hides for  point  our of views. before he comes  back. youll be needing this . flame-on.jpg

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 36 of 45 (181 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Feb 28, 2013
Is it time for Dr. Phil for you OP? Lol
Message 37 of 45 (173 Views)
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Mar 1, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

WithDreday wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

WithDreday wrote:
Very funny GIFs, but apparently you guys haven't been paying much attention this gen. PS3 has been treated like the 2nd system all this gen, especially in the US. At my local retailers for instance, Xbox shelf space was plentiful with a library spanning back for years like it should. Meanwhile, most PS3 games that are not freshly released get dumped in the bargain bin, even at full price, just to make space. I'm hoping the PS4 brings us back to the PS2 era where the Playstation brand was #1 or at least not treated like **bleep** .

Is that really what you're concerned about?

Shelf space?

Heres one more for you..

I answered your question of what I was talking about in a lower post and I see you blatantly didn't address it. You are the definition of a delusional fanboy.

haha  the  funy part  is that is he is not even  a real fan of sony , he  just a forum troll who try to put others down with smart re marks .  sad but true.. let go hides for  point  our of views. before he comes  back. youll be needing this . flame-on.jpg

And I think he has multiple accounts. He gets Kudoed quicker than any user I've seen here ever. Plus he has over 300 from one guy.

Now that's hilariousSmiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 45 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5166 posts

Mar 1, 2013

WithDreday wrote:
Cause lets be honest, we've been treated like second class citizens all this gen. Hopefully that changes with the PS4's arrival.

There's always room to expand, but I think the PlayStation brand is doing very well. The PS1 outsold the N64 and the Sega Saturn. The PS2 outsold the Xbox, Gamcube, and Sega Dreamcast. The PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360. The PSP sold very well and the PS Vita has an exciting future. Unless the PS4 is a colossal failure, I don't see any reason to be worried about the PlayStation brand.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 39 of 45 (162 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Mar 1, 2013

PSVITA has an exciting future, plz..... and yea Sony got owned this gen, maybe next gen will be better for them. What they need to do with the PSVITA is lower those freaking memory cards or at least bundle a 32GB card with the system, who do you think you are Sony??? Apple?

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 40 of 45 (159 Views)
0 Likes