Jun 26 2014
By: GamerJon92 Uncharted Territory 1422 posts

Will the PSTV be able to play Uncharted w/ a DS4 controller?

[ Edited ]
9 replies 2043 views Edited Jun 26, 2014

Also will it be possible to get a PSTV without the DS3 as i already have 2.

Im undecided if i should get a PSTV or a AndroidTV i like the fact i can play android games on my tv , but i already have a android phone and tab. i also like how the PSTV plays vita games but not all are supported.

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 10 (2,043 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13618 posts

Re: Well the PSTV not be able to play uncharted even with a DS4 controller

Jun 26, 2014

No, it cannot play Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Uncharted on the Vita requires the touchscreen, rear touchpad, motion sensors, and rear camera.

The DS4 cannot provide all of that (currently using the DS4 is no different than the DS3 and the Touchpad is useless. There are apparently plans to have it emulate the touch screen, but all the rest is pretty much impossible)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 10 (2,040 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Re: Well the PSTV not be able to play uncharted even with a DS4 controller

Jun 26, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

No, it cannot play Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Uncharted on the Vita requires the touchscreen, rear touchpad, motion sensors, and rear camera.

The DS4 cannot provide all of that (currently using the DS4 is no different than the DS3 and the Touchpad is useless. There are apparently plans to have it emulate the touch screen, but all the rest is pretty much impossible)

Ok cool thanks for the fast answer i guess the touch pad is a gimick like the six axis on the DS3. will i be able to transfer vita games from ps3 to the pstv somehow. since the pstv only uses sdcards. i can download vita game and store them on the ps3 hdd till im ready to play on vita and transfer them via usb stick or something.

Message 3 of 10 (2,033 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11838 posts

Re: Will the PSTV be able to play Uncharted w/ a DS4 controller?

Jun 26, 2014
Playstation tv won't work with games that requires the touch functions of the vita..
>

Message 4 of 10 (2,020 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6873 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2014

Selected games will be PATCHED to remove the unneeded touch controlls crap... 

So as normal those publishers that want to sell to PSTV will release updates... and then those titles will be released on PSTV...

Each title thats supported via patches will likely announce the changes... with patch announcements...

but you will have to wait for those...  if remapping controlls is to much work another patch can be added... for virtual touch screen emulation as importers or japan model found out....

4) It Can Play Games That Require the Touch Screen

The thing I most worried about when buying a Vita TV was that it doesn't have a touch screen. As most games on the Vita use the touch screen in one form or another, I was dreading the idea that all those games would be rendered unplayable. However, that is not the case.

The games that require touch controls are able to use Vita TV’s virtual touch screen—though many have to be patched to do so (with a patch you are automatically told to download before you play). Then, after turning on the virtual touch screen in the Vita TV’s options menu, pressing R3 or L3 turns the thumbsticks into mouse pointers which you can use to “touch” the screen (much like how the pointers work in Dragon’s Crown on the PS3). Pressing R3 gives you two pointers for the front panel, L3 gives two for the back, and both R3 and L3 at the same time gives you two cursors pressing front and back at the same time.

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to youtube

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode

Message 5 of 10 (2,001 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Jun 27, 2014

I hope uncharted is patched and then becomes playable on PSTV cause then i well buy one.

Message 6 of 10 (1,973 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 27, 2014

If I remember  correctly some games will receive an update to be compatible with a ps3 or ps4 controller. So untill its released in NA I think its to soon to say if it will or wont work with games. 
I have my fingers crossed that it will. If it works with Killzone Merc than thats more than a good reason for me to buy pstv.

Message 7 of 10 (1,957 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 12, 2016

Sadly the anwser is still no Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10 (298 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28402 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2016

June 27, 2014. The last time this "discussion" had any activity.

Bravo.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 9 of 10 (292 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
769 posts

Jan 12, 2016

This thread is now locked to prevent further necrobumping. If you wish to continue this discussion, please start a new thread about this topic. Click here for more information on the Rules of Conduct - Platima

Message 10 of 10 (281 Views)